• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your Ultimate MMA Dreamcard?

jmt225

Global Moderator
Ahhh, this subject is probably done five times a year with wrestling fans, so let's try it with Mixed Martial Arts.

You have the ability to put together any show you want, featuring any fighters (retired or active) in MMA you want. It can be in a cage, ring, whatever. You can choose up to 10 or less fights. No more than 5 fights for the main card, no more than 5 fights for the Preliminary card. You are limited to only two championship fights, however, which of course are 5 5 minute Rounds. But don't let that discourage you from using champions, just make sure it's known if whether the fight is a title or non-title fight.

Lastly, of course, this is WZ, where we have a very strict spamming policy, so do not, and I repeat, DO NOT just list fights, make sure you give a reason for why you choose each fight right beside it.

So, with that, let's hear you MMA dreamcard.

All fights would be in a cage.

Main Card:

Brock Lesnar v. Fedor Emelianenko -- Non title. Everybody wants to see this one. There needs not be an explanation,

Lyoto Machida v. Gegard Mousasi -- UFC Light Heavyweight Title. I think this could be the matchup that gives Machida fits.

Anderson Silva v. Rashad Evans -- UFC Middleweight title. Rashad wrestled at 184 in college. I think this might be his ideal fighting weight, and I think he would frustrate Anderson in the standup.

BJ Penn v. Shinya Aoki -- Again, I bet everyone wants to see this one. I hear it talked about constantly on message boards.

Georges St. Pierre v. Anthony "Rumble" Johnson -- Yes, Rumble might be over his head in this matchup, but we keep hearing he's a good wrestler. Lets see if it's true. He'd tool GSP in the standup, so it would go to the ground almost instantly, and Rumble is probably just as strong as GSP... Unlike the rest of the division.

Preliminary card:

Shaquille O'Neal v. Hong Man Choi -- We keep hearing Shaq has been training mma for ten years. Lets see him put it to use in the only viable matchup that wouldn't be a wild physical mismatch.

Jon Jones v. Tito Ortiz -- lets see if Bones is ready for the big time.

Diego Sanchez v. Uriah Faber at 155 -- Two tough Energizer bunny types could make for an explosive matchup.

Joachim Hansen v. Kenny Florian -- I love me some lightweight fights. I have a feeling this one could be awesome.

Tank Abbot v. Roy Nelson -- It would just be funny to watch the two fat asses go after each other.

Ok lets see.....

Fedor vs. Brock for the heavyweight title because everyone wants to see this fight happen or at least I and the larger percentage do.

Machida vs. Rampage Light Heavy weight title because personally I think Rampage presents a true threat. He can take a hit and he knows how to throw them to. He wont be a pompous ass hole like Rashad either and get his ass knocked out while taunting his opponent.

GSP vs. Karo Parisyan because I think Karo has some skills with his judo that GSP hasnt faced yet. I truely believe that they could have a great fight.

Vitor Belfort vs. Rashad Evans because they are both very fast with there hands and it would have the potential for explosions. If they both decided to come out throwing imagine that first minute or two.

Forrest Griffin vs. Wanderlei Silva. Once again I prove to be a mark for guys throwing with each other but you know these two would do it. This fight would be so intense with these guys firing away on each other.

Undercard

Hughes vs. Trigg. I started a thread a few days back about this fight. If it went down like the first 2 fights then we would be in store for a fun 1 round fight.

Babalu vs. Anderson Silva. Babalu is really good on the ground plus he can punch so I think he would really give Silva trouble. As long as Babalu didn't get to caught up in fighting Silva and stuck to a smart gameplan he would have the potential to beat him. However lets be realistic because Silva would more then likely win.

Faber vs. Guida because they are both fast and full of energy. Another fun fight.

Arlovski vs. Sylvia 4 because I just love that rivalry and I wanna see Arlovski get his revenge on Sylvia....

Preliminary Card

• Wanderli Silva vs. Chris Leben - I'm a big fan of both individuals, and have wanted to see this happen for quite some time. I just think it would be an INCREDIBLE slugfest, with an amazing knockout to end it from either one. This would really get the crowd going right off the bat, I believe.

• Takanori Gomi vs. Matt Serra - Serra holds a grappling win over Gomi, and I always wondered how an MMA fight would go between the two. Both like to stand and bang, but both can more than hold their own on the ground. I really think it would be a great, great fight.

• Frank Mir vs. Don Frye - What can I say? I'm just a huge mark for both individuals and need them both on my card. Nevertheless, I do think it would be a great fight. Mir could probably catch Frye easily on the ground if he wanted to, but the last few times we've seen Mir fight, he's been a stand-up fighter, and a brawl between these two would just be fun as shit. Hell, ANY Don Frye brawl is fun, so there you go.

• Nate Diaz vs. KJ Noons - I've been wanting to see this fight for a LONG time now, and I want to see it as much as any other fight you could possibly put together. I really mean that. Say what you will about KJ Noons' personality, but the dude is one hell of a fighter. And with the rivalry between he and the Diaz Brothers, this fight just has to happen. Noons is one guy who'll stand up and bang with Nate, and that's something Nate has wanted for quite sometime now. It would be an unbelievable, fast pace fight, with a rivalry finally being settled. You can't ask for anything more.

• Tito Ortiz vs. Renato 'Babalu' Sobral - Tito Ortiz is my favorite fighter of all time, so of course he needs a place on my card, and I think Babalu would be the perfect opponent for him. I mean, these two have been talking shit about one another for over a year now anyway, and on my card it would finally be the time to settle it all. Who wouldn't want to see this?

Main Card

• Gina Carano vs. Cris 'Cyborg' Santos - Ahh yes, the ladies start off my main card. Gina has a chance to redeem herself, and she would do so in a 3 minute, 3 Round contest. Why? Well, for one, I'm the biggest Gina mark on the planet, and this is the best chance she would have of winning. I mean, think about it... how different is that fight against Cyborg last Saturday if the action stops after 3 Minutes? Shit, Gina would've won that 1st round on the judges score card, I believe. But another reason I want to keep this short is because it leaves time for at least one Preliminary fight to make the main card. But yeah... Gina would be on my card no matter what, to be honest, and I just think her getting 'revenge' so to speak on Cyborg is the perfect match-up for this scenario.

• Lyoto Machida vs. Randy Couture - This would be at 205, and a non-title fight. The storyline would be Couture trying to take out the young lion, and if he won... he would have his choice of either a rematch for the Light Heavyweight Championship against Machida, or the winner of the one of the main events of this show for the Heavyweight Championship. And this would be a perfect opportunity for Machida to show that he is the real deal, and that there's no one in or around his weight class who can defeat him.

• Georges St. Pierre vs. BJ Penn - Yes, I want me a third fight. If BJ puts on another performance like he did against Kenflo when he faces Diego Sanchez, then this fight seriously needs to happen. We need to see GSP at his very best vs. BJ Penn at his very best. The two fights before we didn't see that because BJ just wasn't in the best of shape or anything close to it. Plus, with the Vaseline scandal, this fight happening for a third time, even though GSP is 2-0 against BJ, is justified, especially since this is a non-title fight. And personally, I think it's best fitting for this fight to happen right in the middle of my dreamcard. :)

• Heavyweight Championship: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brock Lesnar - I have the be like the two great posters above me and pick this as one of my main events. Seriously, who doesn't want to see this happen? You have Fedor, who is unbeaten and the ultimate class act vs. Brock Lesnar, who just seems unbeatable at this point and someone who loves being the 'bad guy', so to speak. Right now, it's the ultimate dream fight at Heavyweight, and that's why it will make most people's list, including mine.

• Middleweight Championship: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz - Yes, I might be delusional for this one, but fuck do I want to see this fight happen more than anything in the World. I know if most people have Nick Diaz in a big fight on their list, it'll probably end up being against GSP, but I don't want to see that, personally. Nick doesn't do well against wrestlers, and that fight would be Diaz vs. Sanchez all over again, except for 5 Rounds instead of 3. Nick Diaz vs. Anderson Silva, however, would be a stand-up WAR. I don't give a fuck what anyone says, Diaz would hold his own against the Spider. With his style on the feet and the way Diaz looked at 180 against Scott Smith and Frank Shamrock, I really think he could cause problems for Anderson Silva and that this would end up being an instant classic. It's something I want to see dearly.

Main Card

Alistar Overeem Vs. Frank Mir. As I explained in some other thread, these two are very similar fighters. Both being extremely well rounded, but one excelling at stand up(Overeem), and the other excelling on the ground (Mir). No matter where this fight goes I would be entertained. If it stays on the feet we would see a great technical kick boxing match I'm sure, if it goes to the ground it would be more interesting with the question of "Can Overeem submit another black belt?" running through my head. Honestly after giving this thread much thought, this is the only notable dream match that stands out in my head that I would like to see damn bad. So it would be my main event.

Georges St-Pierre Vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama. This match would be very possible. Akiyama is a very small Middleweight, as shown in the Belcher fight. The Japanese tend not to cut huge amounts of weight like American fighters, so Akiyama can make welterweight I'm sure if he wanted to for a title shot. Even if he refuses to cut, he's still a small Middleweight. So a catchweight fight of 180 would be fair also since both would be around the exact weight at fight night. My reason for wanting to see this match? Simple, these are the two finest looking guys in the sport. It's time to find out which good looking fighter is the better fighter.

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Vs. Forrest Griffin. There seems to be a few excuses why Shogun lost this fight, and while I usually agree that a win is a win. Being a big Shogun fan I can't help but want to see a rematch in which Shogun stomps Forrest's face into the mat. That's right, this fight would take place under pride rules. Hopefully giving me the soccer kick/stomp KO I've been wanting for awhile now, and who better to deliver the man legendary for it then Shogun? Forrest is gonna be one ugly motherfucker after Shogun stomps his face in

Gegard Mousasi Vs. Rich Franklin For some reason this match up interests me, not exactly sure why. I'm a big fan of both, and coincidently they both fight at the same weight class. Seeing two of my favorites going at it always pleases me.

Wanderlei Silva Vs. Luiz Cane. I do enjoy the occasional slug fest, and this match would be just that. The battle of two of the most pissed off looking Muy Thai fighers. Thiago Silva looks more pissed then these two usually, but what would make this fight better is that apparently Cane has some beef with Wandy, so yeah. I expect a violent slug fest between these two, especially on Cane's part. Also I had to find a way to put Wandy on my card.

Preliminary Card

Light Heavyweight Championship: Lyoto Machida Vs. Mark Coleman. That's right, Mark fuckin Coleman against Lyto Machida. Coleman has been proving as of late he has something left in him still with almost taking Shogun to a decision and possibly winning, and actually beating Bonnar. I want to see Coleman make one final run at the title, lay and praying his ass there. Will Coleman get dominated? Most likely. Or will he lay and pray and actually beat Machida? I damn fuckin hope so. Either way this match up would give me a chuckle

Mirko "CroCop" Filipović Vs. Brock Lesnar. I need to have my all time favorite fighter in Mirko somewhere on the card. This fight goes two ways. Either Lesnar dominates Mirko, or Mirko kicks Lesnar's head off his neck. I'm hoping the latter happens. I would be extremely pleased.

King Mo Vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. Apparently these two don't like each other. So why not throw them together on my under card? Any card can use some black on black crime. Oh, and King Mo has to come in with his Japan entrance with all the chicks around him while he walks to the ring with his cape and crown on. Even if he does get knocked the fuck out by Rampage, at least he looked cool.

BJ Penn Vs. Hong Man Choi. My dream card could use a freak show fight. BJ doesn't seem to really care at what weight class he fights in. So why not put him in there against HMC? There's many pros to this fight. For one BJ would come in looking fatter then ever I'm sure, which is always funny to see. BJ can prove he's a pound 4 pound best by beating someone way above his weight class, and my favorite pro. HMC can punch BJ's head off, which will most likely happen.

Dan Henderson Vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Huge fan of these two, so I need to add them onto my card somehow. They fought once before with Nog winning via armbar. I would be pleased to see a rematch for this fight at catchweight. And with Nog's apparent weaker chin now, I wonder if Henderson can knock him out with a right.

Main Card

Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko
What could I possibly say that hasn't been said? Nothing thats what, because its all been said and discussed more then any fight I can think of. With that being said I don't care who wins, I just want it to be as epic as the world wishes it would be.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Frank Mir II
I would be absolutely thrilled to see Big Nog get his revenge, I mean come on, Mir stopped him for the first time in his career. Hopefully Nog would go into this fight not depending on just his legendary chin. That and him also going into the fight not being fresh off a staph infection(supposedly) should make for a classic instead of what we got the first time around.

Georges St-Pierre vs Anderson Silva
I know I know. Probably impossible because GSP is strictly welterweight and Anderson Silva is a very large middleweight but this is one of my dream fights, so it gets a appearance on the dream card. Two of the best Pound 4 Pound MMA fighters, both widely gifted all around incredible athletes going at it. I believe this fight would go to Anderson. I think that GSP would have a small advantage on the ground, but standing up with Anderson Silva is a KO waiting to happen.

Demian Maia vs Dan Henderson
Damnit I love both of these guys, Hendo is probably number 3 or 4 on my all time favorites list, but as of right now I would be completely rooting for Demian Maia.Demain Maia is probably my favorite current fighter and if he keeps up his complete dominance of the Middleweight division he is sure to get a spot in my all time favorites.This fight would be a ground war, and Maia would need to keep it that way to get the victory. Henderson is no slouch with his stand up game and if he was able to get the fight standing I think he would walk out with the win.

Royce Gracie vs Lyoto Machida
Royce Gracie gets my distinction as my second favorite fighter ever,only under Big Nog. So I would pray for a Gracie win here, but who knows Lyoto is already proved he is a huge force to be reckoned with and could easily finish Gracie off with stand up before the ground war ensues. I think that if Gracie got him on the ground he could finish him off with a choke.I could see Machida hold him off for a little bit but utimatly would fall victim.

Preliminary Card

Mirko Cro Cop vs Gabe Gonzaga II
Again for some revenge, and for the fact I fucking hate Gabriel Gonzaga,and of course like the rest of the world, enjoy Cro Cop. I just think Gonzaga is trash who got (not anymore since that crushing KO from Carwin) more credit then he deserves. Also the fact Gonzaga won with a headkick makes me really want Mirko to kick his ass.

Nate Diaz vs B.J Penn
Nate Diaz is the shit plain and simple. Every since I seen him choke out Pellegrino in a triangle and give the middle fingers to the world at the same time I have been a fan. That being said this fight would be of course at lightweight and B.J Penn is IMO the best fighter in the world at 155. I'm pretty sure B.J Penn would come out the victor,but I'm not sure what round or manor. Nate Diaz is a unpreductable character and he isn't easy to finish off.

Shane Carwin vs Rampage Jackson
I know they are in different weightclasses but this would be one hell of a slug fest. Two extremely mean, aggressive, and powerful fighters. I know the undefeated Carwin is a beast with the KO's, but he had never been past the first round so that is a huge downfall. I think for the first 3 Minutes its anybodys game, but after that its all Rampage baby.

Don Frye vs Yoshihiro Takayama II
Everybody put a freak show match on so...Damn it I would love to see another go around of these two, but only if they turned it into a all out dogfight again.That first round has to be the craziest fight I have ever seen. Not just in MMA. Probably in my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back