• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Real Talk: Is Anderson getting too much heat??

Y4J

Occasional Pre-Show
We all know the heat that Anderson Silva has gotten lately. His last fight was really controversal and he's also had another fight with the same controvery. But with that, is he getting too much heat on him? Are MMA fans and fans alike really taking these one or two fights and having it mask the MANY MANY fights that Anderson has given us that have been not only entertaining, but on an MMA standpoint, GREAT MMA?

It's one thing if he pulled a Paul Dailey, or was like Brock Lesnar flipping off the crowd, but the guy is arguably the best p4p out there, and really outside those two fights, has been known for being a class act.

It's like I feel he's just as if not MORE hated than Brock, and that's saying a lot for someone who just had a lackluster few ROUNDS in fights.

What he did last fight was really bad because it was a fight in a new area that didn't have UFC before, and didn't represent UFC well, (At least the last few rounds cuz the first rounds were great) but are expectations for Anderson SO high that when he performs lackluster, it's REALLY looked down on.

I was in the same boat as everyone. I booed, and I even said if he does something like that again, he should be stripped.. But I just spent an hour or so looking at his old fights and was once again reminded how amazing this guy is.

And please keep this real talk. Not "Anderson sucks because he's a piece of sh!t and is not better than GSP" comments either.

Honestly, is he getting to much heat? Maybe, the truth is what he did in his fight against Demian Maia at UFC 112 was embarrassing for the UFC as a company going into a new territory were the people expected the best, and got a lackluster performance.

Its not that Anderson had a bad day or the styles at which each competitor had was a bad mix, none of that, Anderson literally toyed with Maia and roamed around the ring being a goofball and not putting on the Knockout that the crowd, the UFC and himself knew he could easily pull off.

However, I do agree that the fact people are being this angry at the guy for not finishing a fight, one fight, maybe two, is ridiculous, the man is the best Middleweight fighter ever, period. Demian Maia, lets be honest, shouldn't of fought Silva, I don't think anyone thought Maia was going to win, now does that justify him not finishing the fight? No, but can you blame Anderson for being bored?

So I have to agree on the point that Anderson is getting to much heat on him for not finishing a fight, but I understand why, MMA veterans (including fans) think he should of finished the fight (including me), but that is Anderson Silva, the guy hasn't lost since 2006, saying hes shit means you're a ****** (not directed at you, just in general).

So yes, there has been to much heat on Silva.

Honestly, even as one of Anderson Silva's biggest supporters, even I can admit the "heat" towards him from most fans are perfectly justifiable.

Listen, the fact is, Anderson Silva looked like a complete joke in the Damien Maia fight. It was one thing show boating (the guy thinks he's the Roy Jones Jr. of MMA), but it's completely another to then run away from Maia once Maia finally starts to engage. I firmly believe Anderson gassed by that point, but even so... that was just an absolutely pitiful scene.

That said, I do think the hate Silva is receiving, people are starting to take it too far by questioning his skills as an MMA fighter. I mean, yeah... Anderson might be cocky, and he might do some stupid, stupid shit, but no one, and I mean NO ONE, should question whether or not this guy right now is the best Middleweight in the World, and one of the best Pound 4 Pound fighters in the World. But, that's something that comes with hate this day and age. Just look at professional wrestling... if you're a heel and the fans hate you, they're going to think you suck, no matter what. Kurt Angle in WWE... best wrestler in the company at one time, yet whenever he came out... everyone chanted that he sucked. That's basically to the point where Anderson Silva is at the moment, and those people who think that he's not as good as he's billed as are in for a huge awakening when they see him fight again. Mark my words...

To be honest jmt I think Chael Sonnen will win there fight at UFC 117. I'll call it right now, Anderson Silva will not win when he faces Chael Sonnen. And the thing is, I think that'll be his wake up call, that will be when he realizes he can't take people so lightly.
And that will be when we will see a rematch between the two and that is when I think Anderson will regain the title.

Boy oh boy Whistler those are some bold comments there my friend. I believe that people have every right to put some hate on Silva. Even as a huge fan of his I agree his antics are stupid, and childish, but to go as far as saying that Silva will not beat Sonnen is going a little far buddy. Have you heard what Sonnen has been saying about some of Anderson's best friends and mentors? He said one of the Nog's is a human punching bag and the other is completely irrelevant. You honestly think a man like Anderson is going to take that lightly? Fuck no he is going to knee Chael's head into the fucking stands. Thing is in my opinion Chael is a joke. He talks that Anderson's been ducking him for four years. Where was he four years ago? Oh yea absolutely fucking nowhere. Anderson needed a guy like this to wake him up. So in short the Anderson hate is justifiable, but to say he won't beat Sonnen is just closed minded and a VERY bold prediction. People won't be complaining about Anderson after this fight. I guarantee it.

Ive heard what Chael has said, Ive watched the interviews and the press conferences and all and I truly believe Anderson isn't going to win, now don't get me wrong, the guy is the better of the two fighters, I'm not debating that, trust me he is, however I just feel, with all the anger that you pointed out, even with that, hes going to take Sonnen to lightly, and he is going to get knocked out.

Its not being closed minded its going with what I feel will happen, hes the better fighter, but I feel that Sonnen wont let him do his antics this time around, and poof goes the title.

Knocked out? Have you ever seen Sonnen fight? He hasn't knocked anyone out since 2005, and that was some no name. The only possible way for Sonnen to win here is to use his wrestling the entire five rounds. Even then hes a guy who isn't known for having any good submission defense, and will be trying to hold down a BJJ black belt. If Sonnen doesn't let Silva use his antics then your saying hes forcing him to fight to the best of his abilities, and we all know what will happen if Anderson fights like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back