• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your Top Comedians

CH David

A Jock That Loves Pepsi
So I love stand-up comedy. Started with Christopher Titus' Norman Rockwell is Bleeding, and has gone through many other comedians.

With that said, who are your top 5 or 10 comedians you wish you could see live and in person? It can be a deceased comedian so think of your favorites.

1. Christopher Titus This man got me as into watching and listening to stand-up comedy. He is my favorite comedian of all time, and I would love to see him perform a huge venue, but when he comes around, he goes to a comedy club where you have to be 21 to see him. Which I hate because I don't drink much, if at all, so it wouldn't be necessary to give me any. But nonetheless, Titus is and will continue to be number 1 on my list even after I finally see him. I will want to keep seeing him live.

2. Jim Gaffigan My second favorite comedian. He has a very dry humor, but for me it is funny as hell. He is in the Chicago area a few times a year, so hopefully I can see him soon as well. I think it is more of his delivery than anything that makes him funny. But his material is top notch.

3. Robin Williams It is Robin freaking Williams. Back in the 80's when he was on coke and drinking and all of that good shit, his stuff was freaking hilarious. I was listening to him on the bus to school, and I nearly pissed myself laughing so hard. Live on Broadway is also a stellar show, and shows that he is still damn funny. I need to find out when he will be in the area soon, his tickets sell out damn fast.

4. George Carlin Who wouldn't want to see George Carlin perform? He is a legend in the craft, and is funny as fuck. I loved watching him on the stash, and listening to his stuff on my ipod or computer. RIP George, your comedy lives on, and you were awesome.

5. Bob Saget Danny Tanner is a dirty fuck in real life. Hearing his comedy was a "Holy shit" moment when I first heard him. I haven't seen That Ain't Right, but hearing it is some funny shit. And if you are in the audience, he may pick you out to be his bitch. Who wouldn't want to be Bob Saget's bitch?

6. Denis Leary I had an opportunity to see him twice, but my brother never decided to buy the tickets for him. But Denis Leary is a funny guy, especially his stuff from the 90's. He always plays a hard ass in movies, and that is his comedy. If you haven't give him a listen and see what I mean. I would just wonder if I showed up in shorts or something, if he would call me out in the crowd just to do it. He seems like he would.

7. Richard Pryor I have to fit Richard Pryor on here. He wasn't my favorite comedian, but his material and shows were funny as fuck. I remember I was crying from laughing so hard watching on the Secret Stash. Plus, another legend in the field of comedy, what goes wrong there? RIP

8. Dave Chappelle I loved Chappelles Show when it was on, and his comedies are hilarious. His material is always funny, come on, who thinks of a guy "*********ing on the bus as a hostile takeover"? Seriously his stuff is original and funny as hell.

9. Jeff Dunham He has to be on the list somewhere for me. I love the puppets, especially Walter and Peanut, with Achmed getting an honorable mention. Being a ventriloquist and a comedian is some pretty difficult stuff, at least not to forget which character you are supposed to be. I am always in stitches when I watch him, and he would be fun to see. Damn those sold out venues.

10. Lewis Black What can I say about Lewis Black that isn't known? Probably nothing. For those that don't know him, get out from under the rock, and listen to his stand-up. His enthusiasm for what he is talking about is easily infectious. And when he is on his ranting topics, haha, he is at his funniest. Just watch him in Accepted, and you get his style of comedy, except without the broad range he uses.

So I just made a Top 10. You can make a Top 5 if you want, just make it 5 or 10. This isn't a favorite comedians list, although it can kind of be considered it. It is who would you love to see in person, eh it is the same basically. Just add to why you want to go and go crazy.

1. George Carlin. Single greatest comedian to ever grace the stage. Though he began gaining noteriety in the 60s and 70s, I much prefer his work in the 90s. 2. Mitch Hedburg. I love his hit and miss style. He was living proof that drugs make people interesting. 3. Daniel Tosh. I mainly just love how he isn't afraid to say anything, no matter where he is. The thing he does where he keeps a joke going until nobody knows what he's talking about anymore is awesome. 4. Stephen Lynch. The fact that his singing ability is eerily good just adds to the grotesque shit he sings about. 5. Bill Maher. I love me some political humor, and I especially love it when it comes from someone who knows what their talking about. He tells it like it is, period. Those are the people I would most like to see. Greg Giraldo would come in at 6, but I decided to cut it off at 5.

Hmmm, let me see. I will try my best and list my favourite comedians first:

1. Chris Rock
2. Dane Cook
3. Jimmy Carr
4. Lee Evans
5. Russell Peters
6. Dave Chappelle
7. Ricky Gervais
8. Eddie Murphy

All of these are just absolutely brilliant and any of the stuff that they have put out there is always been worth a watch anyway. Chris Rock is just amazing. I think the guy is probably the best comedian around at the minute and everything he says is the truth. The strength of any comedian is seeing something that is true and making it funny without having to stretch it beyond recognition. Chris Rock does this like no other man I have ever seen perform a stand up routine. Dane Cook is a person that I really hated up until about 6 months ago and now he is one of my favourites. I think he is exceptionally funny and really doesn't deserve any of the crap he gets. At the end of the day, he makes me laugh and that's all I care about.

1.Daniel Tosh.His standup (and his show) is great.it was on Comedy Central Presents,and he is funny as hell.
2.Demetri Martin.Quite possibly the smartest comedian there is.
3.Lisa Lampanelli.They call her the queen of mean for a reason.She makes fun of the whole audience.
4.Lewis Black.Some people say he's too political,but I think he's hilarious.Reminds me of my grandpa.
5.Greg Giraldo.I always loom forward to his roast performances.

1. Lewis Black

I think he's hilarious, plain and simple. His frustration that he displays is the best part of his act. He's a master of expressions, and half of being a successful comedian is being able to keep the audience engaged through your facial expressions. This is my favorite act of his:

[youtube]RRNbY2FnmqE[/youtube]

I share the same thoughts as him throughout the entire segment. I found myself with a big smile on my face as I nodded my head for five minutes. It's a tremendous act.

2. Jim Gaffigan

I absolutely adore the voices Gaffigan uses to talk about himself, and belittle himself. His jokes about cake, hot pockets, and glasses are simple, yet hilarious. My favorite is when he talks about how people always want to try on his glasses, and he goes on to ask if he can borrow someone's wheelchair, or try out an old man's respirator. It's much better when he does it, of course.

3. Carlos Mencia

I saw Mencia live. His jokes are very racist, yet he has a point in saying them. He's a major fan of equality, so he makes fun of Asians, Whites, Blacks, Indians, Mexicans, ******s, and well, everyone. Some say he's stolen jokes. Well, I don't care. I saw Carlos perform live. Before the show, he spent two hours talking with the fans, taking pictures and signing things. He was supposed to perform for 45 minutes, and went an hour and a half. Then, he said he didn't have to wake up till 7 in the evening tomorrow, so however long any us wanted to stay and chat, he'd be down. He literally stayed and chilled with us till 1 in the morning. Incredible dude, very funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back