• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your most fond wrestling moment in the last 5 years.

The Rob

Telling me I'm invincible..
There is only one rule to this thread...

*You can't pick The Rock's return from this past Monday as your pick*

Apart from that, you can pick any moment or match or promo or whatever from the past five years as your most fond wrestling moment of the past 5 years. The only reason I'm saying don't pick Rocky's return is because it's quite an easy answer because it's still very fresh in all our minds. Think outside of the box. Explain why this is your most fond memory and if you can find a video of it that would be good too.

Here's mine:

[YOUTUBE]Qa5a0oP8cTo[/YOUTUBE]

There's a simply reason why this is my most fond wrestling memory of the last 5 years. And that's because I didn't see it coming whatsoever and it blew my mind. The gigantic pop it received was brilliant but what was even better was the fact he started getting the hell boo'd out of him once he hit the ring. I still look back on this moment and it makes me smile, despite the fact I'm nowhere near as big a Cena fan as I was then. It was truly a mark-out moment for me at the time. I remember being a school and it was on my mind all day.

Few off the top of my head:

Evolution: I believe this stable was still around in 2006. One of the best stables since DX/Nwo/4 horsemen..no doubt, pure genius outta the naitch and the game, to propel the animal and the viper to main event status

Nexus/Corre Again another genius move. Who didnt freak when the nexus torando hit Raw..man was that intense or what. I'm just hoping for old school nWo type wars

ok enough stable talk..

Bret Hart's Return Though his WM26 match was forgettable, never say never in this business. Who would've thought the executioner of excellence would finally make a return and bury the hatchet with HBK? Completely unexpected

The legacy of HBK From the Taker matches, to various other bouts (i.e. facin the immortal one at Summerslam, jericho feuds, kurt angle at WM), Shawn has shown us why he's the headliner, the show-stopper, and mr.wrestlemania. The HOF induction was well deserved. And without a shadow of a doubt, subtract the screwjob prolly one of the most successful wrestlers right beside fellow Texan, Stone Cold Steve Austin

Considering how big of a Rock mark I am, his return will no doubt be my top moment of 2011. Yup, the year aint even half over, but my mind's made up. (prolly watched that promo at least 5x this week)

Bret Hart's return to WWE on January 4th, 2010. I've been a Bret Hart mark for 20 years but I, like mostly everyone else, never thought he'd be back especially after Montreal and Owen's death. I was happy with the 2006 Hall of Fame induction and the WWE Bret Hart DVD back in 2005. I had started to hear rumors in the fall of 2009 about a possible return but having heard a million rumors before(kind of like the WWE Sting rumors that have been making the rounds recently) so I knew better than to get my hopes up. Then on December 28th, 2009 it was announced that Bret would return the following week. That night they showed a highlight video of Bret's 14 year career which for the first time ever wrestling brought tears to my eyes. That weekend I bought tickets to WrestleMania XXVI since I knew Bret would be there. Back to 1-4-10 to see him come out and right off the bat make peace to Shawn Michaels was phenomonal. I loved watching him interact with Chris Jericho and Vince McMahon. His first words on the mic were "I guess hell froze over" which I thought was very appropriate. That moment is IMO the best wrestling moment of alltime.
Runner up moment of the last 5 years: Rob Van Dam winning the WWE Championship from John Cena at One Nite Stand 2006. "If Cena wins, we riot" is the greatest fan made sign ever.

Evolution pretty much died with Batista winning Rumble and turning on HHH at the start of 05.

But, moving on to my pick.

Not a secret Chris Jericho is my faveourite wrestler of all time. When he got 'fired' in 2005 my friends who hated him wouldn't let me hear the end of it and I told them it would be a matter of time and we would just have to wait and then when the first Save Us promo happened I marked out, I was so excited. I knew Chris Jericho was on his way back. It was a very exciting time for me waiting anxiously for that episode of MNR after the last video which said "This Monday" or something like that.

Seeing Jericho come out to his music, give us his catchphrases in typical Y2J fashion like he had never left was definately my most fond moment of the last 5 years.

Jeff Hardy winning the WWE title. It was such an epic way to win it when he did the Swanton out of no where and the celebration he had when he climbed the top of the Armageddon sign. I'm sure everyone will just throw this out of the window because of his drug use, but screw it. If the guy wants to use drugs and shit, let him. He's a talented man and is still very young.

I started watching wrestling again in 2008, so hands down, my favorite is the first Nexus invasion. That was simply the most brilliant thing I had ever seen in recent memory. It caught all of us completely off guard, was fresh, innovative, and birthed the best angle in years.

A runner up is Bret Hart returning. I was shaking, and had chills that whole night he guest hosted RAW, especially when he embraced HBK. A truly special night.

Kane winning the world heavyweight title. been waiting a long time for that to happen again. there isn't a man who deserved it more than him. there were a few good moments to choose from but that was the best for me. i couldn't of been happier!

i really enjoyed the whole orton v undertaker program back in 05(i know you said last 5 years but this was like 5yrs and 2 months ago so i thought it be ok)... it was really cool... its was kind of cliché in some ways but it was an overall fun program!!! also i feel that this program made orton the great star he is today!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS0xnr3o0Yc

I'm going to go with the Shawn Michaels Undertaker match at Wrestlemania 25. The one the following year was almost as good but was rather bitter sweet for obvious reasons so this one gets the nod. the build up for this match was very well done and then the match itself left me in amazement. I still remember the Undertaker diving out of the ring and hitting HBK as well as an unfortunate cameraman that got a little too close! I know I shouldn't have, but at a few points during the match my marked out self truly believed that the streak could be broken. So many kickouts to finishers and they made it somewhat believable as well somehow. This is a found memory indeed.

Jeff Hardy winning the WWE title. It was such an epic way to win it when he did the Swanton out of no where and the celebration he had when he climbed the top of the Armageddon sign. I'm sure everyone will just throw this out of the window because of his drug use, but screw it. If the guy wants to use drugs and shit, let him. He's a talented man and is still very young.

I will give you that is a fantastic moment, but his drug use is affecting his performance. THAT is what everyone is upset about. Not saying he has to be as clean as CM Punk, but if he was sober all the time, there is no doubt TNA would be nipping at the heels of WWE, and that's all I'm going to say.

My moment would have to be when Miz cashed in MitB. Bash him all you want, that was the first time in my life I truly marked out. I was sitting in a recliner, kicked the seat back, and almost threw my laptop. My heart beat was racing and I wanted to pee my pants because I was just that excited.

I'll go with Degeneration X reuniting in 2006. It was being teased by them both doing Crotch Chops separately at Wrestlemania and other moments.

You could feel it building as they were both feuding with McMahon. The Spirit Squad were beating the shit out of Triple H in the ring. One of the SS members went backstage, with Vince up on the stage. The SS member came flying back out on stage and HBK walked out. When the SS member got up, HBK drilled him with Sweet Chin Music and ran down to the ring and helped HHH.

They posed together and they were back! It was a great moment. I haven't had many "MTFO" moments in the last 5-6 years. But that was one of the bigger moments for me.

I have 2.

Now, I have been a Kane fan, ever since he debuted, so, I was thrilled when he was given the World title. Not only did he win the belt, but, he held it for 5 months, which I never expected.

My other one was, Ric Flair's retirement sendoff. Whether you love Flair, or hate him, it was an awesome ending(or so we thought) to his career, with his friends, and family involved.

For me it was when Bret came back on January 4th last year.

I chose this moment because it was really one of the few "mark out" moments I've had over the last 5 years. Growing up Bret was my favorite wrestler (still is) and to have him come back after everything that went down between him and the WWE it brought back so many emotions, I felt like I was 10 again when Bret came back out on WWE television, and when him and Michaels hugged I honestly have never been happier to see something in a wrestling ring, it was personally just really nice to see him and WWE get along after all the hardships and it was also very pleasing to see him and Michaels bury the hatchet.

From the fact it brought me back to when I loved wrestling the most and it just being a moment I wanted to see for over a decade seeing Bret come back was a wish come true and it was just a treat for myself to see my favorite wrestler of all time show up in a WWE ring again.

Alot of these to choose from :) but ill have to choose my top 5 from 5 - 1.

5. For number 5 i will prob have to choose the whole nexus storyline. id been waiting for a new type of evolution group coming back. To make matters better, they beat the hell out of john cena which made my night :)

4. Undertaker winning the world championship vs batista at wm23. Since undertaker returned i had been waiting for him to win the title and he did at am :)

3. More recently ill have to say rocks return last week :) i have been a huge rock fan my whole life and seeing him come back, well words cant discripe how happy i felt lol

2. Edge winning the wwe championship at new years rev 06. i am a hugeeeeeee edge fan and since i live in northern ireland, i have to stay up to 1am for ppvs. so at 3.30am ( on a school night ) i nearly crapped my pants when edge cashed in the money in the bank and won the title. Best non live moment ever.

1. Undertaker vs HBK: wrestlemania 25. Me and a friend flew from belfast - london - houston to see this event. My friend was a huge undertake fan and me a huge HBK so we were prity devided on the match and build up lol one of the best experences ive ever had was watching taker tombstone HBK and shawn kicking out. i even high 5 and hugged people in front of me which i didnt know lol so undertaker vs HBK at wm25 is my fav out of past two years :)

As some others have already posted Bret Harts return. I've been a fan of his my whole life(I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada). I never thought in a million years I'd ever see him back in a WWE ring let alone wrestle.

ONS 2006.

ONS 2005 was a fantastic show don't get me wrong. But the crowd was "rabid" a year later to see RVD win the WWE title. The Sabu/Rey and Edge/Foley tag match were very well done and the whole environment is what is sadly missing in both WWE/TNA.

The JBL promo was just awesome as hell and pissed off the fans. The whole thing was well done and the way Cena handled that night is when he earned my respect.

I have 2. The rise of Edge in 2006 and The heel turn of CM Punk. Edge had always been a favorite of mine and I absolutely loved it when he cashed it in on Cena who I can't stand. The heel turn of CM Punk for me isnt when he cashed in on Jeff Hardy, but rather the slow buildup from that into the Straight Edge Savior. I hated CM Punk as a face, but when he turned I started to appreciate how talented he really is.

Im going to try and think outside the box here, so heres a few I enjoyed.

when Hulk Hogan Challenge Stone Cold back in 2005 I nearly Marked Out I thought Finally its going to happen but it didnt :(

Bobby Lashley jumping through the cage onto Umaga it had never been done before and the fans were going crazy about one of the last "only shit moments" in a match

Edge spearing Mick Foley through the Flaming Table at Wrestlemania was epic that move is what Wrestlemania is all about, the big sacrifice[/B

When CM Punk cashed in his MITB against Edge everyone marked out at the time because we was all complaining about not having new faces in the main event then we even thou it turned out to be wasteful but who cares

HBK superkicking Hogan it showed us a glisp of the HBK from1996-1997 which i miss some times

Floyd Mayweather braking Bog Shows Nosie at No Way Out was a big shocker

and finally
the build up to Wrestlemania 26 the promos between Bret and Vince,Batista and Cena, HBK and Taker it just made that road to wrestlemania feel important

1 favorite wrestling moment was when C.M. Punk became the leader of The Nexus and kicked Cena's ass, that was so unnexpected. My number 2 favorite wrestling moment was when Jeff Hardy turned heel and joined Immortal because i never saw that coming. My number 3 favorite wrestling moment was at the Royal Rumble seeing Nexus totally dominate the Rumble. i chose this one last because Cena had to ruin it with his superman gimmick:banghead:

[youtube]7LwUID2gbKg[/youtube]

I marked the hell out when i heard the word....AWWWWEEESSOOOMMMEEEE!!!. Granted he did this against another one of my favorite wrestlers i still had never marked out that much since the days of The Rock and Old school Y2J. I was the 9 year old kid that loved wrestling when i reacted to this moment and its actually one my favorites I've ever seen and I've been watching for about 13 years now.

Khali winning the WHC. Just kidding.

My fondest wrestling moment in the past 5 years was Ric Flair "retiring". He picked HBK to take him out. It was extremely emotional.

My most fond memory of all would probably be Shawn Micheals vs. The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26. I think that it was an amazing match and I will never forget it. The action was just intense and I really felt Taker and Micheals connect with one another.

Other fond memories include:

-Dolph Ziggler defeating Kofi Kingston to win his first Intercontinental championship. I was so happy that Ziggler won because he deserved the title and I am a big fan of his.

-The debut of the Nexus. The Nexus was very unexpected and they gave John Cena a beatdown. What can beat givinh Cena a beat down? nothing can!

-Kane defeating Rey Mysterio to win the World Heavyweight championship. When Kane won the WHC I was so happy! It was just great to finally see Kane as the world champion again!

-Kane defeating Chavo at Wrestlemania 24 to win the ECW championship. I really loved the 8 second match that Chavo and Kane had at Wrestlemania 24. I was happy to see Kane win the championship and he had a good title reign.

-CM Punk cashing in his Money in the bank on Edge. I thought that it was awesome and unpredictable that Punk cashed in his MITB on Edge that night on Raw. I am a huge Punk fan and it was great to see him win the world title. Unfortunately the title reign was a bit lack-luster.

-Edge vs. The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 24. This is without a doubt one of my favorite matches ever. I cannot really explain why, but it just is.

-The Elimination chamber match at New Year's Revolution 2006 and Edge cashing in his MITB. The chaber match was excellent and is my personal favorite chamber match because. I am a huge Carlito fan and I loved the fact that he was in the match. He almost won the title too! Also, Edge won the WWE title after the chamber match was over and that was a huge moment in Edge's career. I enjoyed every second of the chamber match and Edge's title win.

I am sorry that I mentioned so much stuff but if I had to mention one then I had to mention them all.

First off, I just want to say that I watched VERY little wrestling between 2004 and 2009. WWE's product just didn't do anything for me. They tipped the balance too much towards "entertainment" for my liking.

That said, my favorite moment of the last 5 years was Hornswoggle getting pedigreed by HHH on Raw in MSG in late-2009. There is not a word in the English language that accurately describes how annoying I think he is, and seeing him get what he had coming to him was great. In 26 years of being a wrestling fan, that ranks second only to Hulk Hogan being revealed as the third Outsider as the greatest moment of my life as a wrestling fan.

The other great moment for me was Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels making peace in January 2010. That was a "Hell has officially frozen over" moment for me. Those two had SO much hatred and disrespect for each other (not to mention Bret's feelings about Vince) that many thought it would NEVER happen.

I would have to say the Jeff and Matt Hardy video of them in the diner talking smack. I knew they were both douche bags and now there is video evidence lol. My most fond moment I would say is Edge vs Jerhico at Wrestlmania. That was a great match between 2 of the greatest and I do mean greatest superstars of all time. Others was Kane cashing in MITB on Rey, Kurt Angle and Jeff Jarrett rivalry, and The most recent return of the peoples champ The Rock. He worked that crowd like a catholic priest on an alter boy. He hasnt lost a step at all and he looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back