Your favourite song associated with Wrestling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dowdsy McDowds

Sally was here
To the mods, I was going to put this into the Music forum but wasn't sure, so if it needs to get moved then feel free!

OK quite a simple little question here, what is your favourite song that you associate with wrestling? I don't mean just wrestler's themes, I mean ANY song that's been used in the wrestling industry.

I was listening to some music earlier on shuffle and a few songs came on that I either heard first via WWE/TNA (3 Doors Down's Here Without You) or songs I knew beforehand that were used for promos or segments (Placebo's Running Up That Hill.)

Mine would be My Sacrifice by Creed. The song was used for 'Desire' videos, with Edge's one being my favourite, and I loved the fact that several years later he'd use Metalingus by Alter Bridge who are essentially Creed with a new singer.

To quote Christian's theme, "Go!"

[YOUTUBE]EdBym7kv2IM[/YOUTUBE]​

Was only used recently for the "Macho Man" tribute video but the moment the song played, it was the first time I kind of realized that he was really, actually dead. I cried during the tribute, does that make me a bitch? No.

That just means I respected the man so much for what he did for something I've been a fanatic about since a young age, for bringing it to where it is, to show an emotion.

The WWE/TNA PPVs always seem to have good theme songs. Like, I believe it was Lockdown 09 or 2010, had Bullet With Butterfly Wings by The Smashing Pumpkins as it`s theme. That`s an awesome song and one of TSP`s best.

Also, Wrestlemania 24 used Ladies and Gentleman by Saliva s one of it`s themes and that is such a fitting song for a Wrestlemania.

I also like RAW`s Attitude Era theme song. Powerful and badass.

Definately I Made It, the theme song for WM26. It was a perfect song because it summed up WrestleMania in a nutshell, finally making it the the biggest show in the world and showing what you're made of in the pinnacle of sports entertainment.

[YOUTUBE]Ypkv0HeUvTc[/YOUTUBE]

Everytime I hear perhaps the best known Manson song, I think of Smackdown circa 2002-2003. That's when I first started watching wrestling on a regular basis, and this was the song that drove my addiction home. It was high octance, and just kickass to a degree that I haven't felt since then.

Another example: Rob Zombie's "Never Gonna Stop (The Red Red Kroovy)". That was the song I associate with Edge the most, not Alter Bridge's "Metalingus".

[youtube]22sg0z0gmVM[/youtube]

Thats if we still are including theme songs I still like that more than anything that I can think of that had been featured

If theme songs are actually excluded then this
[youtube]PmCYd9lpxlE[/youtube]

I'm pretty sure that was a WWE PPV theme like 2 years ago or so

"My Sacrifice" by Creed.

I had just discovered the song and Creed had become one of my favourite bands, and then that song was starting be used on the "Desire" video clips relating to several wrestlers and what made them get to where they were. It was the perfect emotional but yet uplifting song, and it made me an even bigger fan of the song than I already was.

A perfect choice in my opinion. Other songs that were associated with wrestling are Limp Bizkit's "My Way" which I think was the WM17 music unless I am mistaken, Trust Company's "Downfall", Union Underground's "Across The Nation" (the old Raw music), and Pantera's "Walk" which was RVD's theme music in ECW.

I'm sure I am in the minority here, but this is my favorite song associated with wrestling:

[YOUTUBE]AiL5litb4pQ[/YOUTUBE]

This was such an underrated Raw opening theme because a lot of people didn't like it as much as the songs that came before it. I personally liked it a lot due to how it was so catchy and fit well with the Raw intro, much better than the current one that's for sure! Look at the lyrics, it honestly does go good with the WWE product.

Oh yeah, then of course there is this, which I'm surprised no one mentioned yet:

[YOUTUBE]veV6bvPEQHc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Well I have a few, the first is "Slow Chemical" by finger eleven, if you dont know it, Kane's old theme song. First time I heard it was on thier album and then realized it was Kanes theme song.

[YOUTUBE]YOwPfHy7eyk[/YOUTUBE]

And lastly, "Miseria Cantare" by AFI, one of my favorite albums back in the day and CM Punk's old theme song before he reached the WWE. Had no idea who he was when I started rockin that album years ago and when I first started watch his old matches in ROH that intro brought a smile to my face.

I'm sure I am in the minority here, but this is my favorite song associated with wrestling:

[YOUTUBE]AiL5litb4pQ[/YOUTUBE]

This was such an underrated Raw opening theme because a lot of people didn't like it as much as the songs that came before it. I personally liked it a lot due to how it was so catchy and fit well with the Raw intro, much better than the current one that's for sure! Look at the lyrics, it honestly does go good with the WWE product.

Oh yeah, then of course there is this, which I'm surprised no one mentioned yet:

[YOUTUBE]veV6bvPEQHc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

This. You just named two of my favourite Raw theme songs ;). And my other pick is My Way - Limp Bizkit which just went great with Wrestlemania X7 video packages. Gave me chills everytime I heard My Way in the WM X7 video packages.

I don't quite understand what you mean. If you mean only what they have used for PPV's and such, then I'd say:

1.Written In The Stars- Wrestlemania 27
2. Runaway- Survivor Series 2010
3. TNA Impact!- Change Me

If you mean superstar and divas themes, I have way too many but here are a few out of order:
Edge's theme
Christian's theme
Stone Cold's themes (All Of Them)
The Rock's themes
Randy Orton's themes

"I don't mean just wrestler's themes, I mean ANY song that's been used in the wrestling industry."

Stylez, I dunno how to be any clearer! Anyone's theme, any PPV theme, any song used for a promo, any song wrestling related. Glad you managed to answer though.

Hmm, seeing as I've said something, may as well post a video! A mate of mine from college has been covering some themes, and he did a fine job with one of my favourite themes from when I started watching - My Time used by HHH/Stephanie :

"I don't mean just wrestler's themes, I mean ANY song that's been used in the wrestling industry."

Stylez, I dunno how to be any clearer! Anyone's theme, any PPV theme, any song used for a promo, any song wrestling related. Glad you managed to answer though.

Hmm, seeing as I've said something, may as well post a video! A mate of mine from college has been covering some themes, and he did a fine job with one of my favourite themes from when I started watching - My Time used by HHH/Stephanie :

^ Holy Shit that is an awesome cover. now onto he topic at hand. My favorte music would have to be:

-The Hardy Boyz theme song (it just made me wanna dance and jump around)
-Always by Saliva (used as a PPV theme but don't remember which one)
-Lita's theme song (she was always my favorite women's wrestler)
-Across the Nation bu Nation Underground (Raw's old theme, it was totally badass)

Edges Rob Zombie song is Immense and Stone Cold - Glass Shatters by Disturbed. Bodies - Drowning pool the ECW Theme and This is Extreme - Harry Slash and the Slashtones. Rollin' -Limp Bizkit and Enemy by Fozzy was a TNA PPV Song. One of a Kind - Breaking Point RVDs song is Epic. Enter Sandman - Metallica the Sandmans theme is cool too.

Glass Shatters by Disturbed...Remember Raw Alliance invasion night
Also from WM 17, That song was absolute distruction and the pop it generated with Austins height was perfect! Absolutely my favorite!

But since im a Rock fan. Rock is always gonna be better than Austin. Every one of Rocks themes were amazing!

To me, DX's music was one of the best. It's a shame that today's music isn't nearly as good as any of the other old entrance themes. You can easily recall the Rock, Stone Cold, DX, and many others themes, but the only one you can really remember now is Cena...and when I say remember, you can actually think of what the whole thing sounds like. I couldn't tell you how anybody else's theme goes other than when it starts off really.

Im suprised no one has mention Drowning Pool - Bodies ...After I heard that I was a DP Follower! and whenever I hear Bodies I think of Wrestling.

You also have Step Up from WMXX where benoit won the title.

My Sacrafice by Creed is a huge one too

Im suprised no one has mention Drowning Pool - Bodies ...After I heard that I was a DP Follower! and whenever I hear Bodies I think of Wrestling.

You also have Step Up from WMXX where benoit won the title.

My Sacrafice by Creed is a huge one too

Actually Hardcore Heathen did already mention it, but it is a song with strong ties to wrestling so good pick :)

Crash-Fit For Rivals

It was used at Over the Limit 2010.I only like it for the intro.

But the others have been listed here.I also like Hero and Monster by Skillet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back