Your favorite Survivor Series match

My favourite survivor series match has to be the first ec in 02 it was something different which hadn't been done before. All 6 guys where top quality superstars which added abit of interest towards the match as you didn't know who would win
Also loved the fact HBK picked up the victory which turned out to be his last singles title. Favourite part of the match was the 5 star frog splash to HHH from top of the chamber.

For me it would have to be the Team Austin vs Team Bischoff 5 on 5 elimination match. I saw it live on PPV and it was also my first ever Suvivor Series that I had seen. Watching HBK become bloodied, and almost winning it for Stone Cold was awesome.
A close second would be the 2002 Elimination Chamber Match. The only reason it isn't my favorite, is because I had to wait and see it.

Team Flair vs Team Piper in 91 or The Grand Finale in 90 were my favorite elmination matches. The Wildcard match in 1995 gets an honorable mention.

For non elimination matches Taker vs. Hogan in 91 and Sid/HBK in 96 get my vote. Honorable mentions go to Flair/Ramon and Perfect/Savage tag match and Michaels vs Hart in 92

My favorite matches in WWE history have always been the elimination tag matches. The whole purpose of Survivor Series was to let fans see their favorite wrestlers interact in ways they'd never seen before. Sadly, the WWE has long since forgotten this, and with a few exceptions, has made the elimination match a midcard after thought that's thrown on in the middle of the show. Instead of seeing main event guys team up with and against each other, we get to see them in the fourth or fifth title rematch in a row like it was any other PPV. That being said:

My favorite SS match was the main event of SS 88. Hogan, Savage, Hillbilly Jim, Koko B Ware, and Hercules VS. Dibiase, Akeem, Bossman, Haku, and Red Rooster. As a fan of 80's wrestling, this match had everything you could want. Granted, I would have liked to see bigger stars in the spots for Koko and the Rooster, but it was still a great match. It had the huge main event feel, and reminds me of a time when wrestling was just fun.

The original 5 on 5 tag team elimination match from Survivor Series 1987.

Strike Force, The British Bulldogs, The Rougeaus, The Young Stallions and The Killer Bees Vs. Demolition, The Hart Foundation, The Dream Team, The Islanders, and The Bolsheviks

Just an awesome match that had showcased every team well, and even had a great surprise ending.

I'm with the OP, WWF vs The Alliance.

I was still young and naive back then, part of me still thought wrestling was real and i was real scared WWF might lose, i was also a fan of The Rock over Austin and this was the closest thing he got to a PPV win over him until Mania 19.

Anybody who says anything other than 2001: Winner Takes All, you are wrong.

That had everything, Heyman on commentary to start with, the abuse J.R and Paul Heyman were hurling at each other at the start was the highlight for me

PH - 'my parent's aren't dead and how dare you say that'
JR - 'why don't you kiss my ass and call the damn match'

Proper old school wrestling. Angle screwing The Alliance, the shot of Stephanie after the match, the eruption of the crowd when Rock pinned Austin.

Then look beyond that and what happened as a result of all this. We had too many titles, so we had to merge them all. Y2J winning the Undisputed Title at Vengance.

All of it fantastic

As much as I liked the novalty of the survivor series match when I was younger. By the time the attitude era came along I outgrew that and as such, my favorite matches in survivor series history are the non traditional ones.

Bret Hart v Shawn Michaels 92

Thrown together because of what was going on with other wrestlers, and these guys put on a hell of a match. Great precursor to all their future bouts.

Bret Hart v Diesel 95

Really this should include all their bouts as they had one of the most underrated fueds in WWF history. They put on some great matches that were ahead of their time as the action they would put forth was more indicitive of matches from a few years down the road. Love Diesel turning heel after the match.

Shawn Michaels v Sid 96

Again another fone where you can include the rematch at the following Rumble. But this match had the MSG crowd backing Sid and Sid using the moniter.

Bret Hart v Shawn Michaels 97

No matter what side your on this match is one of those moments in wrestling history that changed the game. What gets overlooked in the screwjob is the foreshadowing in this match with the 1st 10 minutes taking place outside the ring, this match gave the blueprint for future attitude era main events.

The Rock v Mankind 98

I'm a sucker for title tournaments and this was the 1st one since WM 4 back in 88. You had multiple turns throughout the tournament and the end was pure genius with McMahon behind The Rock all along to complement the same screwjob ending of 97.

Non-Survivor Series: Bret Hart vs. Diesel for the WWF Championship - This one was just a classic as their previous two bouts at King Of The Ring 94 and Royal Rumble 95, both of which ended in No Contests, but this time there was a No DQ stip added to the match, so we'd finally get a winner. Not only did it have some good wrestling action in it but some good hardcore action too, it was in this match where we saw someone get put through a Table for the first time ever in the WWF when Diesel Powerbombed Bret through the Announce Table. And I loved the suprise roll up Bret beat Diesel with. After all the wars between each other and in such a brutal match between these two guys, the last thing you'd expect is a win with the Small Package.

My favourite non-Survivor Series matches following up would be the Elimination Chamber from 2002 and Shawn vs. Sid from 1996.

Survivor Series: Well I've been racking my brains over this one, favourites that come to mind are Team Hogan vs. Team Andre, Team Angle vs. Team Lesnar, Team HHH vs. Team Orton, Team RAW vs. Team SD!, Team Rated RKO vs. Team DX but I decided that my top favourite would have to be Team WWF vs. The Alliance. I just don't think anything can top the atmosphere for this. It had such a huge buzz, an epic feel and the ending just gave me goosebumps, hell I'm getting goosebumps right now just thinking about it.

Going a bit off topic here, my favourite Survivor Series PPV overall is Survivor Series 1998. The Deadly Games Tournament was awesome, it had so many twist & turns, nobody truly knew who was going to the win the WWF Title and it shocked the hell out of us when The Rock won it and joined The Corporation. Just an excellent PPV.

Favourite SS PPV's following up are 1996, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 & 2005

For me it's the EC chamber match from SS 02. HBK was the underdog going in, and since he had just came back that same year I didn't think a World title was in the cards for him. The action in that match never stopped, and it was something different for Survivor Series. When HBK came out on top I was in shock, and happy that he was able to over come everything he did and win a World title. It is a sentimental favorite for me, but my favorite none the less.

For me it would have to be the Team Austin vs Team Bischoff 5 on 5 elimination match... Watching HBK become bloodied, and almost winning it for Stone Cold was awesome.

Same here. Then again, I may be biased since this is the first Survivor Series that I've watched. Still, this 5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match was what got me hooked to watch Survivor Series in the first place. Shawn Michaels' will to win, HBK's heartbreaking elimination and Stone Cold Steve Austin's "last day in the WWE" was classic.

My favorite traditional Survivor Series match would be the Wild Card match from 1995. It was comprised of babyfaces teaming with heels squaring off aganist a team with the same layout. Razor Ramon teamed with Shane "Dean" Douglas who was Razor's #1 rival at that time & late greats Owen Hart & Yokozuna against HBK, the rookie Ahmed Johnson(both babyfaces), Sid & the Bristish Bulldog(both heels). It was a great action packed match where you weren't sure who'd win due to the unpredictable nature of the teams. Bulldog was apart of Camp Cornett with the former tag champs yet he was on apposing sides in the match. Sid was HBK's rival at the time having turned on him after WrestleMania that year. Just a great match.

My favorite non traditional Survivor Series match is Bret Hart vs Stone Cold Steve Austin from a year later. It was Bret's 1st match back since he lost the belt to HBK @ Mania12 and everything was just great about this match. The build up, the psychology, the athleticism, everything was perfect. 5 star match.

the whole ss90 card, only because of the finale match. every match had the survivors form a new team of heels vs faces in a grand finale ultimate survivor match with hogan and warrior as the sole survivors

Hart-HBK 1992: this match did for HBK what the 88 Clash of Champions did for Sting - establish a so so mid carder as a legit top level star with the audience.

Team Flair vs Team Piper was one of the more fun elimination matches, fair amount of memorable names with Flair, Piper, DiBiase, Hart, Bulldog, & Sherri Martel. HBK vs Sid is proof that HBK at his best could have an entertaining match with anyone, even a lazy, limited, almost useless worker like Sid. Seriously, how many really good matches do you associate with Sid ? Sid makes Lex Luger look like Brett Hart.

My pick still Hart-HBK, great match, far exceeded expectations, did wonders for Michaels perception by the fans.

Bret Hart v Diesel 95

Really this should include all their bouts as they had one of the most underrated fueds in WWF history. They put on some great matches that were ahead of their time as the action they would put forth was more indicitive of matches from a few years down the road. Love Diesel turning heel after the match.

I dont know how I forgot this one. Nash's best match ever and even one of Brets. The ending was amazing with the vicious table spot, the small package, and then Nashs turn. You are right about this whole feud, very underrated.

Survivor Series 2004 for me

Team Orton (Chris Jericho, Chris Beniot, and Maven) vs Team Triple H (Batista, Edge, and Snitsky) with each member of the winning team in control of Raw for 4 weeks was just brilliant.

My favorite Survivor Series style Elimination Tag Team match is…

SS_01.jpg

(I would have rather had Trish and Stacy on the poster, but I also would have liked to have seen big name WCW Stars join the Alliance and ECW Championships used in the angle as well, but whatever.)

WWF vs. WCW / ECW Alliance. It had everything you could possibly want in this type of match.

series2001v-401x300.jpg

survivorseries01.jpg

wwf-survivor-series-2001-cover.jpg

Team WCW / ECW – The Alliance
WWE Champion – Stone Cold Steve Austin
Kurt Angle
Booker T. (The “Face” of WWE’s WCW)
WWE Hardcore Champion – Rob Van Dam (The “Face” of WWE’s ECW)
WCW / ECW Alliance Owner – Shane McMahon

Team WWF – The Federation
WCW Champion – The Rock
Chris Jericho
Undertaker
Kane
Big Show

Everything from the entrances to the eliminations, I loved all 45+ minutes of this. Jim Ross and Paul Heyman did an excellent job being the voice of both sides. I thought it was great how Big Show was eliminated first. When the match started, I thought that the Alliance needs to even things up and fast. I loved Jericho turning on the Rock, which I expected, and Angle turning on Austin, which I didn’t expect at all.

Even the aftermath of Survivor Series 2001 was memorable. I’m King Patrick and I’m a Jericho-holic.

Did you know??: A title unification match between WCW Cruiserweight Champion Tajiri and WWF Light Heavyweight Champion X-Pac was canceled because X-Pac was injured and unable to compete. To resolve this, the WWF retired the Light Heavyweight Championship shortly after Survivor Series in favor of the Cruiserweight Championship lineage.

I never understood why they picked the Cruiserweight Title over the Light Heavyweight Title. I also never understood why they picked the Smackdown Tag Team Championship lineage over the Raw Tag Team lineage. I also never understood why they picked the Divas Championship lineage over the Women’s Championship lineage.

Survivor Series is one of the 'Big 4' ppv's in the WWE and has enjoyed a long run spanning 20+ years and still going on. The main attraction for the ppv has been the Team matches, usually being 5-on-5 matches, which always creates intresting situations.

The 1st match of this kind, which I saw was Team Austin vs. Team Bischoff, and it was my favourite because of HBK's performance and Austin's emotional exit.

But the SD vs. Raw match in 2005 surpassed this match in terms of excitement.

It was Batista, Mysterio, JBL, Lashley and Orton vs. HBK, Kane, Bigshow, Carlito and Masters.

Smackdown won with Orton being the sole survivor for the 3rd straight year. There were some great moments in the match such as;
Lashley-Masters face off
Bigshow's elimination which took combined efforts of mysterio, JBL and orton
HBK's performance
And finally, Undertaker's return

I've seen this match several times and it just never gets boring

What are your favourite Survivor series 'Team on Team' matches??

I was always a huge fan of Team Lesnar vs. Team Angle from Survivor Series 2003. That night I predicted Bradshaw would be WWE Champion within a year. I thought the match was booked perfectly from start to finish.

Team Austin vs. Team Bischoff (Survivor Series 2003): Team Bischoff (Chris Jericho, Christian, Randy Orton, Scott Steiner and Mark Henry) vs. Team Austin (Shawn Michaels, Rob Van Dam, Booker T, Bubba Ray Dudley and D-Von Dudley). If Team Austin won, he would stay as co-GM of Raw. However, if Team Bischoff won, Austin was out as co-GM. Team Bischoff won when Randy Orton pinned Shawn Michaels with the help of Batista. Great match storyline-wise.

Team Angle vs Team Lesnar (Survivor Series 2003) : Team Angle (Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Hardcore Holly, Bradshaw and John Cena) vs. Team Lesnar (Brock Lesnar, Big Show, A-Train, Nathan Jones and Matt Morgan) One of the best Survivor Series matches in my opinion.

Ted Dibiase's Million Dollar Team vs. The Dream Team (Survivor Series 1990) : (Ted DiBiase, The Undertaker, The Honky Tonk Man and Greg Valentine) vs. (Dusty Rhodes, Koko B. Ware, Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart) The match was average but it was memorable because of the debut of The Undertaker.

Team WWF vs Team Alliance (WCW and ECW) (Survivor Series 2001): Team WWF(Steve Austin,Rob Van Dam, Kurt Angle Shance McMahon and Booker-T)vs Team WWF (The Rock, Chris Jericho, Undertaker,Kane and Big Show) Though the Invasion angle sucked this match was pretty good. Would have been better if Triple-H was a part of Team WWF but good match overall.

Honorable mentions : Team HHH vs Team Orton (Survivor Series 2004) and Team RAW vs Team Smackdown (Survivor Series 2005)

I remember this one, not so much for the match itself, but the build up was fantastic, it was the All Americans ( Lex Luger, The Undertaker and The Steiner Brothers ) vs The Foreighn Fanatics ( Ludvic Vorga, Yokozuna, Crush and The Mountie ) Tatanka and the Mountie's partner Pierre were supose to be in the match, but The Foreign Fanatics took out Tatanka, Lex Luger tried to help Tatanka, But the Mounties were fighting him and the Steiners were locked, and Lex couldn't make it in time to save Tatanka, he was later replaced by the Undertaker, and later on, i don't exactly remember how they took out Pierre, i think it was Lex Luger who did it, and then he was replaced by Crush, and of course, who can forget team WWE vs The Alliance, the ending was shocking when Jericho tried to take out the Rock, when both of them were on the same team, and how Kurt Angle helped team WWE for the victory even when he belonged to the Alliance, that was cool........

Wow good one! 2005 Team Raw v Team Smackdown. That match had it all amazing from start to finish! I honestly thought HBK was going to win that one. Big show was the victim of the 619,clothesline from hell,and an RKO! Great story telling from both sides in that match. Randy orton proved why he is(If there is such a thing Mister Survivor Series)! The sole survivor for the third year in a row is truly amazing

It is hard to pick just one. I will definately give a vote to the very first match, specifically because it included the most stacked team in the PPVs history (Randy Savage, Jake Roberts, Ricky Steamboat, Brutus Beefcake, Jim Duggan) all of which were main eventers or established top/rising stars.

The best match though I say Pound 4 Pound is the WWF vs Alliance match. It is the only Survivor Series match that actually had a reward other than just a win/loss record, as far as I know.

2001. Yeah the Invasion storyline was all screwed up and it should've been the real WCW guys vs. the WWF guys, and yeah it was obvious that Team WWF was gonna win, but despite all of that this match still had such a huge buzz surrounding it, which was enough to make it great, and I don't think any other Survivor Series match will ever come close to topping the atmosphere that this had. The match had some pretty heart-racing moments in it like when Jericho almost cost Rock the match after he got eliminated, the mark in me jumped out a little and had me believing that The Alliance may be taking it for a second, and Angle pelting Austin with the WWF Championship allowing Rock to hit Rock Bottom on Austin and get the win for Team WWF. Vince & Stephanie's reactions and the crowd's pop after the match were insane, it gave me goosebumps watching it and I'm even getting goosebumps now just thinking about it. This match was the Hogan vs. Rock of Survivor Series elimination matches, it's not a 5 star match or anything, but it's iconic because of the epic feeling around it, the emotions, the suspense, and the reactions from the crowd and the parties involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back