Your Favorite Quote

"Everyone knows that there’s good and there’s bad. But nobody thinks that the bad stuff is gonna happen to them. And then one day, wham, all of a sudden it does, and you think that there’s no way you can go on. But, a day goes by, and another day goes by, then a week, then a month, then a year. And you look back and say, ‘Hey, I got through that. I don’t know how, but I made it.’”

~John Goodman as Dan, "Roseanne".

American Gangster has some good ones but this is my favorite.

"The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room."

It's to imply false bravado but I think it works on another level too. I feel like it fits with walks of life where people mask what's going on with themselves. Constantly joking because they don't want to show people that they're broken inside. They feel like they need to cover their true feelings up. So while it can relate to physical weakness as well I see it as emotional weakness as well.

I love a lot of quotes from the book The Alchemist and reference it on almost a day to day basis. One of my favorite quotes from the book is

"The boy and his heart had become friends, and now niether one was capable of betraying each other."

Speaks a lot to me in that we must learn to trust in ourselves if we are ever to accomplish anything in life.

This quote is from the movie Kingdom Of Heaven which is one of my favorite movies:

"What man is a man who does not make the world better."

Another one from the same movie:

"I put no stock in religion, By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of God. I've seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. And goodness - what God desires - is here [points to Balian's head] and here [points to Balian's heart] and by what you decide to do every day you will be a good man...or not."

This somes up most of the problems religion stems from nowadays better than anything I could come up with.

“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Albus Dumbledore said this in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, I believe. This goes deep for me. My mom died 4 years ago after she lost the fight with lung cancer. Growing up, we never had much money, lived off food banks, food assistance, and struggled generally my whole life as a teenager.

My mom always encouraged me to read, and read I did. She handed me a copy of the first Harry Potter book one day, and told me to read it. I did, and I fell in love. After that, every Harry Potter book that came out, I would want so badly, but because we were broke, she would always say no, we can't afford it. Then every single time, she'd run out on an "errand" and return with the newest book. Keep in mind, these books were about $25-$30 a piece. She'd sacrifice something of hers, just to make me happy. After she died, I spiraled into a horrible depression, she was my world. She was my best friend.

That quote, kept me going. It means so much to me, for so many reasons. No matter how bad things went, I would pick up a Harry Potter book and get lost in it, and for a while, things got better. To this day, I still read the Harry Potter books to make me feel better, and I even have a Harry Potter tattoo. That quote makes me believe that everything will be better, no matter what. I just gotta keep going, keep pushing, no matter how dark and dreary things seem, there's always light, there's always a shining light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back