Your favorite of each of the big 4 ppvs.

AnthonyM4

Getting Noticed By Management
What is your favorite Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Royal Rumble, and Survivor Series? For me...

Wrestlemania 20-main reason being because I attended the show. But it was also an awesome event. The title matches were great, Undertaker returning with Paul Bearer was nice, and I loved being part of the Goldberg and Lesnar heckling team:)

Summerslam 89-This was a very good show and I loved the opening montage of wrestling action and summertime activities. Dusty Rhodes' promo was hilarious, "Ama kick yo...BOOOOOOOOOTAAAAAY, haha:)" This had some good matches like Brainbusters vs Hart Foundation, Rockers/Santana vs Martel/Rougeous, and the main event.

Royal Rumble 92- The Royal Rumble match was like a Who's who in the pro wrestling business! I expected Hulk Hogan to win, but Flair winning was a cool surprise. This ppv probably had the best Rumble match of all time.

Survivor Series 89- The Dream Team vs Enforcers might be my favorite SS elimination match ever and Hogan, Demolition, and Jake Roberts might be my favorite Survivor Series team of all time.

Although I dont really have a favorite Royal Rumble, Survivor Series, or Summerslam, I do have a favorite Wrestlemania. Wrestlemania 20 is without a doubt (in my opinion) the best WWE ppv ever. The entire show was solid and the hype for it was phenomenal. It saw the returns of such greats as the Austin, Rock, Foley, and Undertaker, and the departures of Lesnar and Goldberg. Most, if not all of the titles were also on the line, which really added to the night's excitement.

My favourite Survivor series would be the one where team Bischoff took on team Austin, I am a sucker for the elimination tag matches and two of the best were at that PPV. I dont have a favourite Summerslam or Royal Rumble, but WrestleMania XX, it was a great show and Benoit won the title, it was just amazing.

Wrestlemania X- Bret Hart winning the Title at the end was priceless. Bret vs Owen was amazing, the only other Wrestlemania that comes close is Wrestlemania XX with Chris Benoit winning the title, and Eddie Guerrero coming down to the ring right after the match

Royal Rumble 1997- I loved this match, with Austin Dominating. When Bret Hart came out, my skin went goosebumps. I sure hated Austin after he screwed over Bret Hart after he was eliminated, but still, I loved the match

Survivor Series 2006- Has a nice amount of SS classic matches, and thats what I love to see in this pay per view. Team DX was very entertaining as they dominated.

Summerslam 1992- The building was on fire in England, and the Main event was one of my favorite matches. Bret Hart and Davey Boy fightin in front of a crazy audience was a WWE/F highlight. An IC match able to carry the ausience like that is always impressive.

fav wrestlemania for me has to be wrestlemania 14
hbk vs austin
kane vs undertaker
nao vs foley and chain saw charlie

i cant rememer what sseries it was when they had 4 doinks which were bushwackers and men on a misson
they also had jerry lawer and his midgets haha
and if i remember correctly it was when owen turned on bret

Wrestlemania 17: By far the best wrestlemania, Rock vs Austin, TLC 2, Mcmahon vs Mcmahon, Beniot vs Angle, Hardcore match Kane vs Big Show vs Raven, need i say more.

Royal Rumble 2000 IMO the best royal rumble. Good match with the rock winning and the best Street Fight match ever Between Cactus Jack and Triple H Pedigree on the thumbtacks!

Survivor Series 1998 The deadly games tournament, culminating in the heel turn of the Rock, the screw job but all over again (and kayfabe) in any case this shocked everyone at the time including me.

Summerslam Without a doubt 2000. Triple threat main event, The Rock vs Triple H vs Kurt Angle, and my first ever live ppv. Also included Taker vs Kane and TLC 1, along a little remembered Gem of a hardcore match between Shane Mcmahon and Steve Blackman.

Wrestlemania: No doubt not only the best Wrestlemania but the best PPV of all time was Wrestlemania X7. From Austin/Rock II to TLC II to Taker/HHH to Angle/Benoit and so much more. The audience was insane for this one and there was no doubt they were witnessing something very special. 7 Manias since and none have measured up yet.

Summerslam: There have been so many great Summerslams but I'd have to say that 2002 was the best one yet. It was better than most Wrestlemanias in terms of straight up action and excitement. Rock/Lesnar, HBK/HHH, Benoit/RVD, Angle/Mysterio, Edge/Guerrero. There was so much on this card that was simply awesome. '92 '01 and '05 are also great shows.

Survivor Series: I find the best Survivor Series are the ones that really stick to the traditional elimination style. It's what truly sets this PPV apart. 2003 had two amazing matches with Team Angle vs. Team Lesnar as well as Team Austin vs. Team Bischoff. 2002 was also a great show with the first ever Elimination Chamber. 1994 was an excellent show that old school fans would certainly love.

Royal Rumble: The Rumble is a tough one because it really all comes down to one match. There have been amazing Rumble matches whereas the rest of the card wasn't all that great like 2004 for example when Benoit won. There are also Rumbles where the match itself wasn't that great but the rest of the card made up for it like in 1993 and 2000. Overall as an entire show, I'd have to say 2003 was very well done as well as 2007. 1991 and 1992 were also great old school shows.

WrestleMania 23- WrestleMania 23 is one of my favorite WrestleMania because 1 i was there :) and they had some very good Matches Everyone had been waiting for Undertaker and Batista to go head to head and it happened and Undertaker Streak lived on, The Money in the Bank Match was awesome Jeff Hardy Putting Edge through a Ladder was amazing Randy Orton and all of his RKOs Edge and his Spears and John Cena and Shawn Michaels was also very good match and the Battle of the Billionaires another Classic

Royal Rumble 2008- This is One of my favorite personally because the way that John Cena made his Return i loved it when that happened not because he returned but because he did it unexpectadly Randy Orton went One on One with Jeff Hardy and Edge went One on One with Rey Mysterio

Survivor Series 2005- This is another one of my favorites because of the Elimination Match SmackDown vs RAW which we saw Randy Orton get the win for SmackDown it was awesome and Undertaker made his Return at the End

SummerSlam ???- I really don't have a favorite Summerslam event but most of them i known have been great it's one of my favorites PPVs

Great thread.

First of all, I want to answer this question in the way I originally thought it was stated. I thought you were asking which of the big 4 OVERALL was your favorite, in which case I'd say Royal Rumble. SO many different dynamics at work in the Rumble - will it be a veteran, will some new blood win it, etc. Plus, my friends and I have a pool each year where we predict the entry order, and that ends up being more fun than the Rumble itself.

1. WrestleMania 8. I am so biased here, and everyone who knows me on the boards knows it. First PPV I ever saw - the show that launched me as a wrestling fan. Top to bottom great work. Michaels vs Santana in what was essentially Shawn Michaels' #1 contender arrival for the Intercontinental Title. Jake Roberts vs the newly babyfaced Undertaker, complete with Bobby Heenan's proclimation "I NEVER though I'd hear people cheering for this man!!!" Robert's heel psychology was at an all-time high, until he got tombstoned on the concrete outside. Hart vs Piper to this day remains one of the greatest - and most under rated - IC title matches of all time. Ray Combs introducing thesix man tag, calling the Nasty Boys "2 men sharing one brain" and stating that the Mountie's parents were upset when they first saw him as they were hoping for a boy. Of course, the great Flair vs Savage WWF Title match with the Miss Elizabeth "centerfold" angle. Money Inc vs Natural Disasters, Tatanka vs Martel, Owen Hart vs Skinner, and the Hogan vs Justice match with the return of the Ultimate Warrior. ALL amazing work!

My favorite Survivor Series is 2002... the entire card was great:

Tables Elimination Match
Jeff Hardy, Bubba Ray & Spike Dudley def. Rosie, Jamal & Rico

Cruiserweight Championship Match
Billy Kidman def. Jamie Noble to become new Cruiserweight Champion

Women’s Championship Hardcore Match
Victoria def. Trish Stratus to become new Women’s Champion

WWE Championship Match
Big Show def. Brock Lesnar to become new WWE Champion

WWE Tag Team Championship Triple Threat Elimination Match
Los Guerreros def. Edge & Rey Mysterio and Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit to become new WWE Tag Team Champions

World Heavyweight Championship Elimination Chamber Match
Shawn Michaels def. Triple H, Booker T, Rob Van Dam, Chris Jericho and Kane to become new World Heavyweight Champion

My Favorite SummerSlam is 2002.... from top to bottom. 2002 had a lot of great ppv's in a row:

Kurt Angle def. Rey Mysterio

Ric Flair def. Chris Jericho

Edge def. Eddie Guerrero

World Tag Team Championship Match
Lance Storm & Christian def. Booker T & Goldust to retain

Intercontinental Championship Match
Rob Van Dam def. Chris Benoit to become new champion

Undertaker def. Test

Street Fight
Shawn Michaels def. Triple H

WWE Championship Match
Brock Lesnar def. The Rock to become new WWE Champion

My favorite Royal Rumble is 1992.... all the hype going into the Royal Rumble match was great. The WWE Championship vacant, the winner of the Rumble will be the new champion... that was great!

The New Foundation def. The Orient Express

Roddy Piper def. The Mountie (new Intercontinetal Champion)

The Beverly Brothers def. the Bushwhackers

The Natural Disasters def. World Tag Team Champions Legion of Doom via count-out

Ric Flair last eliminates Sid Justice to win the Royal Rumble Match and become WWE Champion

My favorite WrestleMania..... thats a hard one. I actually love all the WrestleManias. So I will list my top 10 favorite matches in no particular order:

WrestleMania X
Bret "The Hitman" Hart vs Owen Hart

WrestleMania III
WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
WWE Intercontinental Champion Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat

WrestleMania VII
World Tag Team Championship Match
World Tag Team Champions The Hart Foundation vs The Nasty Boys

WrestleMania V
WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
WWE Intercontinental Champion Ultimate Warrior vs Rick Rude

WrestleMania XII
60 Minute Iron Man Match WWE Championship
WWE Champion Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels

WrestleMania XIII
Submission Match
Bret Hart vs Stone Cold Steve Austin

WrestleMania XVI
WWE Intercontinental and European Championship Match (1st Fall for the I.C. Championship and the 2nd Fall for the European Championship)
WWE Eurocontinental Champion Kurt Angle vs Chris Jericho vs Chris Benoit

WrestleMania XVII
No Disqualifications Match for the WWE Championship
WWE Champion The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin

WrestleMania XIX
Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho

WrestleMania XXI
Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle

My favorite of the big 4 ppvs would have to be Wrestlemania for 2 reasons
1. it's the granddaddy of them all
2. the undertaker and his 16-0 undefeated streak

but here are my favorites of all time

wrestlemania 23 (so many good matches in my opinion though some could of been better)
summerslam 94/96 ( 94 because of the bret hart vs owen hart(r.i.p.) match. and 96 because of the boiler room brawl between taker and mankind.
survivor series 90 (because of the undertakr making his debut and starting his long dominance in the wwe
royal rumble 92/95 (92 because ric flair won the wwe title and 95 cause hbk went all the way from number 1 (could be wrong year though) to win the rumble)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back