• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your Favorite Disney Movie Song

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenta

The Shark Should've Worked in WCW
You know, this could be placed in either the music or movie forum... But X is still modding either way, so I don't mind either way. He's still getting the points for the Mod Non-Wrestling War

Anyway, it seems that every single Disney Movie has an epic song to them that makes the movie, and leaves us with songs that last in our hearts forever. As corrupt a soul as I am, even I feel young at heart any time I hear a Dinsey Song, and one that makes me remember all the joyous feelings that come with the Disney name. My question is this; which of those songs were the best? Which did you absolutely love most, and still get goosebumps everytime you hear, or see, it?

Mine, for all of my talk of nostalgia and such, is actually quite dark, and is a Villain's song...

Hellfire

[youtube]EyS3weMlxLA[/youtube]​

First, consider the artisitic appeal of this song, and the lyrics used. In some weird way, this was actually a beautiful song. It examined Frollo's psyche, and his mindset as a character, in a little less than four minutes. You felt his flaws as a man, and how they acted against him to set up his downfall. From a visual standpoint, the art is amazing. When the red cloaked men arise, I can't help but get goosebumps, and watching Esmerelda dance in the fire was fantastic craftwork. Yes, this song is also balanced out by the "Heaven's Light" which is performed right before Frollo's confession. If you notice, the two songs actually maintain the same rhythm, again comparing the man and the monster. Beautifully done by Disney, as this little touch of comparing Quasimodo and Frollo is perfect. Yet, I can only include one song, and well.... I just love Hellfire much more than Heaven's Light. Still, the two together are so perfectly done together, and compares the bright optimism of Quasimodo, with the dark, yet conflicted, nature of Frollo. I love this song, and the job that it does prying into Frollo's conscience. Tony Jay, the voice of Frollo, is absolutely perfect for this song, and is probably one of the best cartoon voices of history, between him, Jim Cummings, and Paul Frees. Jay's voice captures so much of the weak, yet oh so evil, nature of Frollo, and places us right in the character's mind. Spectacular voice, amazing background voices (The choirs in the background are astounding), and superb animation creat for a Disney song that I'll always consider my favorite.

Alas, what is yours, and why?

Hmm.... No takers, eh? I have absolutely no problem bumping my threads, even if it makes me look pathetic. I know I can drive a Disney fan or two into here...

Anyway, my second song is similar to my first, in that well.... It's a villains song.

Poor Unfortunate Souls

[youtube]Vi4o2cG_SsI[/youtube]​

Again, I love it so much because of the dive into the character's psyche. You have the complete manipulation of Ursula. So egomaniacal, yet she also looks like she's doing so much for Ariel. She looks like a saint, even though we all know it's so far from the truth. The voice actor that plays Ursula, Pat Carroll, does such a great job at playing the character, and using a burly voice when she needs to, to underlie the evil found in her character. From a cartoonist's standpoint. it's not nearly as impressive as Hellfire, but it doesn't need to be. You get the view of both characters in Ursula and Ariel, and you see how well both of these characters play off one another. Regardless, it provides a great backdrop for a deal that would set the entire plot of the movie. And the vehicle Disney uses to start this turn in "Poor Unfortunate Souls" is terrific. Definitely the second best song in the Disney Vault

Reactions: X
[youtube]vX07j9SDFcc[/youtube]

Amazing amazing song, it works so so well together, the lyrics are fantastic, the music is great, add in the swahili it's just something. Plus the accompanying scene is one of my favourite scenes in film ever!

[youtube]Xj5xq-VQBTU[/youtube]

I love this song, it's just really fun and really sums up the film so well....I love Robin Williams in this as he's just so damned funny :D I'm going to be singining this all day!​

Tenta, to let you know how truly spectacular this thread is, I'll have you know that you've drawn my out of my cave to post in this section for the first time in months. Good on you, Sir.

I could go on for days about my favorite Disney movies, the songs in them, the characters, the stories, etc. I simply love Disney. The movies and shows all have good moral undertones and are feel-good, meaning that I don't walk out of the theatre or get off the couch feeling like my grandpa just raped my sister. I feel great after watching The Lion King, Aladin, High School Musical, and A Bugs Life. Sure, the stories may be tailored towards children, but I believe we all have a bit of child in side of us. What's so wrong about liking a movie, wrestler, song, wrestler, show, or wrestler that doesn't promote the "evil" things of this world, such as sex, drugs, and violence. (I'm not saying those things are necessarily evil. I think you all understand.) I'll probably post in this thread once daily, rather than give it all at once.

[youtube]J9RQKLd63zQ[/youtube]​

I'm a fan of the series. I fully expect red rep for saying that, but that's alright with me. There is nothing wrong, in my opinion, with liking this. It's cheesy, sure, but I like it. I've followed the development of the characters since the first movie, and like any series, I grow attached. I'm able to suspend disbelief in movies well, and really let myself into the movie. That's exactly what happened here. I'm a little sad to see the series in, but this song was a perfect way to cap it off. It's a giant happy ending. I am a sucker for happy ending. The Lord of the Rings would have sucked major ass if Frodo died and Middle Earth fell. And as someone who is going to be graduating high school in two years, this encourages me. I've been with my class for 11 years, and am incredibly close to nearly everyone in it. I hate the thought of us all going our separate ways. Graduation will be very bittersweet, and I'm going to miss all my friends dearly, but this song tells us it doesn't have to end. I know it's in a Disney movie, but who knows? All around, catchy song, uplifting and just... happy.

lawl Highschool Musical? Really? Wow.

Oh, where to start? So many to choose from. Well, actually, two of my all-time favourites come from Lion King.

[youtube]YGIoRUlzE2Q[/youtube]

Such a fun song. I've definitely memorized all the words and sung this on more than one occasion. Also, after many years, realizing that Mr. Bean voiced Zazu? Epic!!

[youtube]L0AiN8vrn9Y[/youtube]

Jeremy Fucking Irons!! His voice is just amazing. The "no king, no king, lalalalalala" part makes me laugh every time.

I absolutely love Disney movies and the songs are just amazing. Some of my favourites:

[youtube]zxiH8xia-no[/youtube]

This song is just fantastic. I love Phil Collins and the music and lyrics are brilliant. I love singing this song.

[youtube]cd07uvkTeKo[/youtube]

Aladdin is one of my favourite movies and I could probably post all of the songs, but I'll chose this song for now. Robin Williams does a great job as the Genie and this song is just upbeat and fun.

*Don't worry 48.7, I like the HSM series too. The songs are awesome in there also, very catchy.

For my choice of greatest Disney song, one cannot look past the brilliance of this disney movie. I remember popping the VHS copy our family owned in the VCR each and every day when I got home from pre school and sitting for hours just being entranced. We've all posted some greats on here, such as Mulan and The Lion King, but we simply cannot look past something as classic as The Jungle Book.

I think it's undisputed masterpiece is this: Hip to be square, a song so catchy, not a lot of people listen to the lyrics, but they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends, but also a.....whoops wrong movie.
As for Disney movies, I'd say out of The Jungle Book, my favourite is...

"I Wanna Be Like You" by Mowgli and The Orangutangs.

[youtube]r8R4p6t9250[/youtube]

In the words of E+C, this song reeks of awesomeness. Mowgli wanting to stay in the jungle and King Louis wanting to be a human is just great, Mowgli learning with creatures markedly more human looking than wolves is so tits. Also the song is catchy as hell and if it doesn't make you feel good then you're not cool. King Louis Is as cool as Glacier baby. So there.

Awesome thread, I have been in love with Disney since I was extremely young. I used to prance around the living room singing songs from The Jungle Book whilst the movie was being played at the same time.

As for my favourite Disney songs, I have quite a few. I'll start with this...

[youtube]-E_kReLc864[/youtube]

Yes, I know, it's High School Musical. It's awful, it's for 10 year old girls etc etc etc, whatever. I do musical theatre every day at College so I both enjoy things like this and hope to do something simular in the future. As for the song, it's one of the upbeat HSM song's, it's cheerful and is based around every kids favourite time of the year... when school is over for the summer. The day I broke up from college for the summer, my whole form started singing this when our final lesson ended, it was a great moment and it made me feel really happy.

[youtube]d3_3Ri3QaiU[/youtube]

I used to adore this song when I was young, and untill like 2 months ago, I had not heard it for getting on for 10 years. Amazing short Disney movie/song.

I could literally list 100 great Disney songs, but it'd be no fun to do them all at once. I figured I'd snag this next one before someone else did. It's a great song, and I've never met someone who hasn't liked it.

[youtube]ejEVczA8PLU[/youtube]​

Hakuna Matata is the most fun Disney song, period. It's all about throwing your cares away and just living life to the fullest. No matter what throws at you, you take it all in stride and keep on smiling. I like to live my life that way. I'm one to always have a smile on my face, even if the day isn't going as well as I'd like. I'm one to say that happiness depends upon ourselves, or rather, Aristotle did. This song embodies that philosophy. Oh, and the scene accompanying it is one of my favorites in the Lion King, which in my mind, is in the top 10 greatest movies of all-time.

I'm gonna go with Savages, from Pocohantas, because it does a great job of paralleling two different points of view that really aren't all that different at all.

[youtube]RSu4hOLYrXk[/youtube]

It took me forever to think of one that wasn't already listed. Well I have found two. I loved Disney, and continue to mark out for the old school movies that I loved to watch growing up.

I Won't Say I'm in Love

First is I Won't Say I'm in Love from Hercules. This movie was on the other day, and it brought back awesome memories of Disney cartoon movies like this. The emotion Meg puts into the song, and the conflict she feels is great for the movie. When I saw Hercules playing I instantly went "Holy shit, this stays on".

Eye to Eye

This was one of my favorite movies growing up. I would rewind all the time because I loved this song. In fact, as I write this out I am watching the clip over and over. Max fulfills his devious plot, and gets on stage with his favorite artist to impress the girl he likes. The connection with Goofy and Max is awesome, because they are doing it together as opposed to the fighting they were doing the whole trip.

Reactions: X
I know I will get a lot of red rep for this but I do not care. I would like to consider every member of wrestlezone my friend soI hope you guys wil not bash me to hard for what I am about to say. I have never eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever revealed this to anyone but my brother but I love Disney shows. One that has been overlooked as a Disney song but really needs to be recognized is this.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[youtube]5BWcCbQM5-4[/youtube] Yes I am a fan of family friendly shows. I watch Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly Place. (Miley and Selena are hot to me)The Climb is actually a very good song IMO and it hasn't really been mentioned.The video I posted(first time posting a video so I really hope it works and I don't look like a dipshit) is Miley singing The Climb at the end of the movie.

That being said NO DISNEY MOVIE IN HISTORY WILL TOP THE LION KING!!

I've never seen the film. If I remember correctly, the song is from the movie Song of the South a film that Disney released all the way back in 1946. I've never seen it; it isn't on video. All I know is that this is a care-free, happy song, one that will be stuck in your head all day once you hear it. No one really knows what it means, but everyone knows it.

I know there's the possibility of me being infracted for resurrecting a thread this old, but I think that it's a quality thread that could still generate new discussion. I'll take whatever comes, though.

I'll Make a Man Out of You
from Mulan

[YOUTUBE]ZSS5dEeMX64[/YOUTUBE]​

Not only is Mulan one of the greatest Disney movies I've ever seen, but this song is epic. The song is an important point in the story, and shows Mulan's transformation. What really makes it great is the requirements for being a man:

1. Swift as a coursing river
2. Force of a great typhoon
3. Strength of a raging fire
4. Mysterious the dark side of the moon

BE A MAN!

Reactions: Lee
Monsters, Inc. If I Didn't Have You. A very good song sung by John Goodman and Billy Chrystal for a movie that I adore. It was a very well written song to compliment the characters that were singing the song. It really captured what their relationship was throughout the entire movie.
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-dixXub_dmA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-dixXub_dmA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Monsters, Inc. If I Didn't Have You. A very good song sung by John Goodman and Billy Chrystal for a movie that I adore. It was a very well written song to compliment the characters that were singing the song. It really captured what their relationship was throughout the entire movie.
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-dixXub_dmA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-dixXub_dmA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

My Favorite Disney movie song will be the same that INDYjon has choosen. Monsters Inc: If I didn't have you. That song is pretty awesome. And I have to say that the song went well with the movie. I will say that Monsters Inc and I love the way that the Monsters Inc Characters had the chance to sing that song.

I would have to go ahead and say either Phil Collins - you'll be in my heart, cause even if I didn't associate it with a Disney movie, I would still call it a good song to listen to, Phil having an absolutely great voice.

On the other hand I would say Stand by me, now I don't exactly know which of the many performers that has covered this song that would've been the actual voice to the Timon and Pumbaa song with the frogs and everything (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7P5jWu9JLo) first off, listening to that song when I was a little kid, and the things Pumbaa went through I couldn't help but laughing being the kid I was, and I must admit I absolutely grew to love it, and again, even without Timon and Pumbaa, I would've probably still loved it, because the singer had a great voice, for an otherwise great chill-like song.

Well, you bastards took most of them I would have named and I was excited to get into this one. Who doesn't love Disney movies, and more importantly who doesn't love Disney songs? I am sure even someone like our friend on hiatus Lord Sidious even has a few toe-tappers that he likes. First I am going to go through the songs you guys posted that I would have named myself, then I will get to some of my other personal favorites.

Goofy Movie - Eye to Eye: What better song to encompass an entire movie and it's message than this song. When Max, Goof, and Power Line are on stage together, that is probably the best part of the movie. Power Line was obviously supposed to be like a mix between Michael Jackson(even going as far as to do the Moonwalk) and M.C. Hammer with the stage show and background dancers and singers. I could never get this song out of my head as a kid and listening to it again only perpetuates my humming of the song in public places.

Little Mermaid - Poor Unfortunate Souls: Now this motherfucker was a dark and creepy ass tune hearing it as a kid, and as a result probably left the strongest impact out of all the other songs. Even "Apart of Your World" and that God forsaken song sung by a mildly annoying little crab "Under the Sea" or his second hit single "Kiss the Girl" just don't stand to the dark undertones and wicked intentions of this song. Ursula was a bad ass bitch with vengeance in her heart, and when she sang that song, every little kid knew they were dealing with some serious shit right there.

The Lion King - Be Prepared: One villain must be followed by another, and what better brother killing, throne stealing, hyena loving, child traumatizing bastard than the infamous Scar? As Scar plans his overtaking of the kingdom we are treated to quite possibly one of the best Disney villain songs ever. The visuals in the sequence were dark and chilling, and when you see the army of Hyena's goose walking like the SS in Nazi Germany, you understand the implications of the villains intentions all too well. The way Scar almost doesn't even sing the song but speaks it makes an impact as well. It's the bad guy too cool to sing, he just says.

Aladdin - Prince Ali & Friend Like Me: God, what great songs from one of Disney's greatest accomplishments, the movie Aladdin. The funny thing about this is that you could take any of the songs from Aladdin and put them on a list like this. "Friend Like Me" was one of greatest visual experiences in a Disney song you could ever ask for. The Genie showing Aladdin that he truly is a Genie and does have magical powers never fails at entertaining you, the song is catchy, and the song really gets you ready for the rest of what is to come in the movie.

"Prince Ali" much like the rest of the songs in this movie was very visually stunning as well. The way the Genie works the crowd into believing the lowly street rat is a Prince is great too. The way the song goes from very simple sounding at the beginning to the grandeur of the climactic end of the song takes you for a ride that you don't forget, as does the rest of the movie.

Now for some of my favorites not yet mentioned. I had to provide links to the videos because I can't get them to post. I think it might have something to do with me using Linux or something but I don't know. I copy and pasted the web addresses to the post, and then did the youtube video button thing but they wouldn't show up. If anyone can think of why, let me know. Until then, on with the music.

These first two come from what is now one of the greatest Disney Classics to ever hit the sliver screen Beauty and the Beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsRDfiVP4eM

Can't stop it, Gaston was one of the funniest villains in a Disney flick, and this song is a prime example of that. It's catchy, gets you well acquainted with the character, and is just all around fun to sing and make parodies of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov4tE7XRTUA

What can I say about this song, it's great. Dancing household items and food, a French accented candlestick singing the song, and the pure fun of the visual representation make this a very hard song not to get into, and is easily one of the best songs in the movie.

The last one here is my personal favorite of all time, it comes from Return of Jafar which was Disney's sequel to Aladdin. This movie didn't have as big a budget as the first one, and as a result the artwork wasn't on par with the original. On top of that Robin Williams did not reprise his role as the Genie in this movie, but nonetheless it was a great movie, and one of the better Disney sequels that I personally have ever seen.

I dedicate this song from probably my favorite Disney villain, to those of you who have had so few kind words for me, and that think your so top great. From the master of evil, the former Royal Vizier to the Sultan, The Dark Genie, Jafar!!! I give you!!!!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYyO44U2BQ4&feature=related

I also have to go with a Mulan song. "A Girl Worth Fighting For"

[youtube]HiqmZLOaD8o[/youtube]

Such a classic movie and song. The song is actually hilarious, to me. Kind of sweet too. Mulan is hands down my favorite disney movie. Really funny and somewhat accurate. (Male domination in China and family honor.)
The song goes through some of the sub characters' visions of their "perfect girl." Which helps them through battle. I love Mulan's(A woman pretending to be a man) blatant uncomfortableness throughout the whole song. A fun song that transitions into a sad scene.

I've always been a sucker for "Can't Wait to be King" and "Hakuna Mattatta" (SP) in Lion king... but one that I really love is "You've got a Friend in Me" in Toy Story.

Ok, so it's not exactly Disney Exclusive, but it's a song that I listen to a lot and is still on my iPod.

I also like "The Climb" in the Hannah Montana movie... It's one of those songs that just make the movie even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back