Your fave 5 matches of all time.

I don't get how a one sided ass beating by Brock on Reigns is making the all time top 5 list. That's insane. As much as I liked Shawn vs Taker 2, I still think it's slightly over rated and not top 5 worthy. I don't mean over rated in a bad way, just that I think others are better.

#1 The Ultimate Challenge:

Ultimate Warrior vs Hulk Hogan

-This was the main event of all main events. The promo, storyline, iconic characters, the actual match, and most importantly...the finish. Epic. It had it all, and it was perfect.

#2 End of the Attitude Era

The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin

-The only other face vs face main event with two gigantic figures. This had the icons, the build, the storyline, the match, but not the finish. It was an epic failure as far as that's concerned. Unfortunate, but regardless it was still one of the best ever until that point.

#3 Iron Man Match

Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels

-This could be #2, but I chose the magnitude of the match over the match/finish. This had it all...amazing from start to finish.

#4 Once in a Lifetime

John Cena vs The Rock

-A year in the making. This match had everything...the build, the real heat, the hype, the match, the finish, and even the entrances. It was awesome, and being there live made it even better.

#5 Mega Powers Explode & Unstoppable Force Meets Immovable Object

Macho Man Randy Savage vs Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant vs Hulk Hogan

-Couldn't choose 1 so I made it a tie. Both are legendary no doubt, and rightfully so. They had amazing builds, epic finishes, and iconic figures. Personal preference though, this list is my fav in order.

Whoops...posted this in the wrong thread...this was supposed to be in the top five Mania main events...but my top 5 matches ever are...

1- Hogan vs Warrior- Mania 6
2- The Rock vs HHH- SummerSlam 98 ladder match for the IC title
3- Stone Cold vs Bret Hart- Mania 13 submission match
4- Bret vs Shawn- Mania 12 iron man match
5- HHH vs Undertaker 2- Mania 28 hell in a cell

Ones that I have personally enjoyed

1. Stone Cold vs Bret WM 13 - symbolism towards the end of the match and the double turn
2. TLC 2 - The teams had great chemistry, and the Edge spot is probably one of the craziest moments i've ever seen
3. HBK vs Cena - Raw after WM 23 - just a gritty, ballsy, wrestling match. Main-event ppv quality match on free tv? c'mon
4. The first Elimination Chamber- Again, the sheer brutality of this match is what gets me, a lot going on in it
5. Rock vs HHH - Ladder Match - Build up to the match was awesome, you really got the sense these guys really hated each other, both of them put great work into the feud and I really enjoyed it

Fun question was just browsing at work but let's give it a shot

5. The 92 rumble match. First it had the greatest collection of talent for a rumble on top of an amazing performance by both Ric Flair and Bobby the Brain Heenan.

4. Flair vs Savage WM8, I'm a huge flair fan and this is one in my opinion one of the most underrated matches at mania.

3. Malenko vs Rey at GAB 96, holy shit what a match, I had never seen half the things mysterio pulled off in that match before. The finish is great but I think Rey should have gone over, my only complaint.

2. Bret vs Austin WM 13. The match that created the attitude era, Austin bleeding like a stuck pig all over the mat in the sharpshooter is just unbelievable.

1. Michaels and razor at wrestlemaina 10. The first real ladder match on WWF TV and the match that inspired all other ladder matches after. My 6 year old brain was convinced the violence in that match was real and that's a testament to how well these two worked together in the Garden that night.

Bret Hart Vs British Bulldog - Summerslam 1992
Bret Hart Vs Ston Cold Steve Austin - WM 13
Shawn Michaels Vs Marty Janetty - Raw 1993
Cactus Jack vs Triple H - hell in a cell 2000
The Rock Vs Mankind Survivor Series 1998

WRESTLEMANIA XII HBK VS BRET HART - IRON MAN MATCH
By far my favorite match of all time, Bret and shawn put on a wrestling masterclass and no match has ever come close in my opinion.

UNDERTAKER VS JEFF HARDY UNDISPUTED WWE TITLE LADDER MATCH
while this was by no means a wrestling masterclass like Bret vs Shawn, I thought the match from a storyline standpoint was great and helped elevate Hardy to the next level.

HBK VS STEVE AUSTIN WRESTLEMANIA XIV
The build to this match was epic, and having Mike Tyson as the special guest enforcer made it just that little bit better.

JOHN CENA VS RVD - WWE TITLE MATCH
As a ECW fan this match was just fantastic for so many reasons.

VADDER VS RON SIMMONS - WCW TITLE MATCH
this was a historic match that helped make me a fan of WCW.

My own favorites:

Lesnar vs Cena 2014 Summer slam
Cena vs Punk 2011 MIB
Bret Hart vs Stone Cold WM 13
UT vs Mankind HIC 1998
Shawn vs Razor Ramon WM 10

Lots of SM vs UT matches that I like.

5. Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio - SummerSlam 2005:
4. Stone Cold vs. Triple H - No Way Out 2001
3. Randy Savage vs. Ultimate Warrior - WrestleMania VII
2. The Rock vs. Stone Cold - WrestleMania X7
1. Eddie Guerrero vs. Brock Lesnar - No Way Out 2004

5.) TIE: Elimination Chamber - Survivor Series '02 & 6-Man TLC: The Shield vs. Team Hell No & Ryback - TLC 2012
4.) Iron Man Match for the WWE Title: Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels - WM 12
3.) Career vs. Streak: Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker - WM 26
2.) Hell in a Cell: Shawn vs. Taker - Badd Blood '97
1.) Shawn vs. Taker - WM 25

Honorable Mentions:
- Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold - WM 13
- Jericho vs. Shawn (WM 19 & their entire '08 feud)
- Punk's year long title reign & his feuds with Cena, Undertaker & Jericho
- Any other Shawn/Taker matches (Rumble '98 & IYH: Ground Zero off the top of my head) & really any other Shawn or Undertaker matches at all
- Anything Shield (mainly vs. Wyatts, Evolution, Rhodes Bros., Usos, etc.), as well as any of their singles stuff (Ambrose vs. Rollins matches, the recent Fatal 4 Way, their respective title/mitb/rumble wins, etc.)
- Anything Lesnar (mainly vs. Rock, Eddie, Cena, Punk, Reigns & the Triple Threat with Rollins)
- Anything Bryan (mainly vs. HHH, Shield guys, Cena, Punk & Orton)

Steamboat vs savage wrestlemania
Hbk vs taker wrestlemania second one
Steamboat vs flair
Taker vs mankind he'll in the cell
Taker vs hbk hell in the cell
Honorable mention:
Rock vs mankind royal rumble
Hart vs bulldog summer slam
Hart vs perfect
Benoit vs Hart wcw Owen tribute
Freebirds vs vonerichs six man cage match(cause of the fued)
Angle vs lesner wrestlemania
Hogan vs warrior wrestlemania
Hbk vs razor ladder match at wrestlemania

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back