Your End All Be All Of A Game

CH David

A Jock That Loves Pepsi
Alright, this is going to require hopefully a bit of thought on the fine Sports Stadium posters we have on this here forum. I would greatly appreciate it if you give some thought to it, and think hard. The reason I want you to think about it for a while, and fairly deeply, is because this thread is about one game. One game that is going to be where you want it, defunct or torn down stadiums, current stadiums, anywhere you feel would be appropriate, as long as the sport you choose has been played there. Not only will it be where you want it, but it will feature your favorite team, against whoever you want them to play. Let it be a grudge match between bitter rivals, a likely possibility for a championship, anything. But there are a few catches. One, you only get to choose one sport, so make sure it is what you want. Second, it is the last game you will ever get to attend live. After you attend this game, you are relegated to watching on television or listening on the radio, never to see another game in person again. Remember, this is hypothetical, so have fun.

The Event:
stanleycup.jpg

Stanley Cup Finals Game 7

The Venue:
chicagostadium2.jpg

Old Chicago Stadium

The Teams:
Boston_Bruins.svg
vs.
FLAGChicBlackhawks.jpg

Boston Bruins vs. Chicago Blackhawks

Perhaps you are going to ask, why Boston against my Blackhawks? I will tell you why. It is an Original Six matchup. Boston vs. Chicago, the battle for what some people may consider "Second City Supremacy". Plus it would be an awesome matchup in a 7 game series.

The Blackhawks were a 2 seed in the West, and Boston gets in as the 3 seed. Both made it in after grueling Conference Finals. So it is a back and forth series that leads to Game 7 in Old Chicago Stadium. The crowd is really rocking for this game. Old Chicago Stadium was arguably the loudest in the NHL, and the fans were right on top of you. Wayne Messmer sings the National Anthem, and as said before, the crowd is nuts.

Here is an example of the crowd in the old stadium.

[YOUTUBE]tvpxVE_kQXg[/YOUTUBE]

Both teams take the ice with that look of intensity only seen in the Stanley Cup. It is all defense to start out on both sides. Boston has the offensive advantage early, but the Blackhawks get stellar play from Cristobal Huet and the defense. No goals are scored in the first period, but the momentum shifts to the Blackhawks towards the end of the period.

At the opening of the second the Blackhawks come out strong, attacking Tim Thomas hard, but to no avail. Both net-minders are looking strong. At the 13:30 mark the Bruins score on a redirect by Patrice Bergeron. The Bruins are now in control of the game, with the Blackhawks on their heels and taking a few dumb penalties. After Patrick Kane gets called for tripping, Joel Quenneville calls a timeout to regroup the team. The penalty killing unit steps up again, with Kris Versteeg getting a short handed opportunity but being shut down on a great glove save by Thomas. Score is 1-0 after two periods.

Coach Q must have done said something in the timeout or in the locker room, because the Blackhawks come out harder than in the second, playing with a lot of confidence and moving the puck well. Finally at the 4:15 mark, captain Jonathan Toews scores on a sweet breakaway, being sprung by Duncan Keith. The crowd is back in the game with 15:45 left in the game. With all of the momentum the Hawks keep attacking the front of the net, trying to get rebounds off of Thomas, but to no avail. The end of the period had Boston get two last shots on Huet, but he turned them away easily. Going into overtime, the score is 1-1.

This is the ending of the game in overtime.

[YOUTUBE]gZN2hmE9yPY[/YOUTUBE]

Some exciting stuff. I get to see a hell of a Game 7, and the Stanley Cup finally comes home to Chitown.

Now that is the one game that is pretty much me having a sporting orgasm. I obviously took the time to add in the pictures and videos. Not necessary, but please tell the event, the venue, the teams, and hopefully the important parts of the game as it goes on. Have fun and hopefully we get some interesting scenarios.

The Vancouver Canucks came in 3rd in their conference. They face the President's Trophy winning Carolina Hurricanes. They meet at the Pacific Collesium, on the Pacific Ocean. The smell of the sea air of June, cooled by the approaching night hits the players and the fans. Game six is upon us. The Canucks surprised the Carolina fans by winning all three games there, but losing game 3 and 4 in Vancouver. Each fan is equipped with a towel. They hope it is not to wipe their tears away, because they don't want this game to be won in Carolina, where there is no interest in hockey.

The first period begins and ends with little action. Each player on each team does what they must do, and the score remains tied at 0. The goaltenders are warmed up, ready for the next 40 minutes of regulation.

The second period starts with a bang, as Kesler wins the faceoff back to Bieksa, who passes it over to Daniel. Henrik rushes in down the middle through the defense. He looks to shot, as both defensemen try to take him down, only for him to drop the pass back to Daniel who scores 15 seconds in. The crowd erupts.

The faceoff goes back to center where Carolina tries their own magic, but Luongo denies them. The crowd is abuzz, with two periods left, and a Stanley Cup shined up, ready to be won.

The second period ends after the lone goal. The game seems like it will be a goal tender battle. But Carolina scores into the 4th minute of the third. The fans die down, but remain on the edge of their seats. The game is down to the last minutes, and no one has blinked. They grip their towels as the Canucks are in the Carolina zone. Carolina gathers the puck, and looks to shoot it out, and they think they do, only to realize that Mitchell has blocked its exit. He fires it over to Darcy Hordichuck who puts it off the crossbar, but it hits something in front. It looks like Demitre's foot. They review the play, over and over, until they finally rule it as a goal! The crowd goes insane. with 23 seconds, the Vancouver Canucks score to go up 2-1.

But the game is never over. Carolina pulls their goalie right after winning the faceoff, and pound away on the puck. They score as the seconds click off the puck, and the crowd is killed.

It is going to overtime. Carolina dominates, and has a great break away, but Luongo denies him.

Game goes on for 4 overtime periods or so, and we get to the 15 mark of the next. The players are exhausted, where Goalie mistakes are the difference. Vancouver has now had 77 shots against as Luongo sets the save record.

To end it nicely, the play starts like this. Sedins are on the ice with Kelser, Salo, and Bieksa. They are on the powerplay against Carolina, who look to keep this game going with a tight box. Salo and Bieksa are passing with eachother, and Daniel. Kesler is up on the play, and Henrik is down the middle. Henrik moves to the edge, where he gets a shot away, that is stopped, leaving Kelser in front of the goal. he bangs away, but a Carolina defender knocks it to the side. Daniel rushes in and puts it in the net!

Vancouver won the Stanley cup, for the first time in history, as the crowd goes wild.

Riots erupt.

Classic Vancouver:)

The Vancouver Canucks came in 3rd in their conference. They face the President's Trophy winning Carolina Panthers.

Carolina Hurricanes, or Florida Panthers? Can't be both :lmao:

I won't go as far in depth as you guys, but my "end all/be all" of a game already happened. When the Giants were facing the Packers in the NFC Championship game, it was near perfect. To say it was "cold" is a huge understatement, and both teams played their hearts out. It came down to a missed FG taking the game to OT, and then ended on a game-winning FG.

It was about as perfect of a game as I could ask for. Unless of course it was Philly or Dallas the Giants were beating, but Green Bay is just as good.

Seeing as I'm a Florida Marlins fan, I'm going to have to go with Marlins VS Indians in the 1997 World Series. When Edgar Renteria hit the game winning base hit in the bottom of the 11th inning, I'll never forget jumping up and down like I just won the lotto.

It was the Marlins first World Series, and it was so sweet. Sucks that Wayne had to go and fuck everything up afterwards by cleaning-house.

Carolina Hurricanes, or Florida Panthers? Can't be both :lmao:

I won't go as far in depth as you guys, but my "end all/be all" of a game already happened. When the Giants were facing the Packers in the NFC Championship game, it was near perfect. To say it was "cold" is a huge understatement, and both teams played their hearts out. It came down to a missed FG taking the game to OT, and then ended on a game-winning FG.

It was about as perfect of a game as I could ask for. Unless of course it was Philly or Dallas the Giants were beating, but Green Bay is just as good.

Seeing as I'm a Florida Marlins fan, I'm going to have to go with Marlins VS Indians in the 1997 World Series. When Edgar Renteria hit the game winning base hit in the bottom of the 11th inning, I'll never forget jumping up and down like I just won the lotto.

It was the Marlins first World Series, and it was so sweet. Sucks that Wayne had to go and fuck everything up afterwards by cleaning-house.

Lol, I think you guys may have it confused a little bit. This isn't which game is your favorite game ever, or whichever you marked the hardest for or anything. I want you guys to make up a game. Whether it be football, baseball, hockey, or basketball. I want you to choose the sport, the stadium in which it will be played, who your two teams are, and a little detail on how the game goes. Such as mine or TM's, we both chose who, where and which sport. Then we went on to describe what would happen in our game.

If you both were at those games, then awesome, and I am glad you could share your experience, but this is just for you guys to get creative and make up the most mind blowing sports orgasmic experience you could ever imagine. And you make it the greatest you could ever attend because this is hypothetically the last game you will ever attend in person. All hypothetical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back