• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

You think you know me?

timmy872

Pre-Show Stalwart
What is the significance of "You think you know me?" at the beginning of Edge's theme? Every theme he has had a new entrance theme, it starts with that.

I think its to do with how unpredicatable he is perhaps??

Anyone else have any ideas..?

It's just a way to give impact to the music, so you know straight away it's Edge... Like Big Show's "WEEEEEEEEEELLL it's the Big Show!". Or a better example, Stone Cold's glass breaking, this sound triggers something in your brain that's like "YES! Stone Cold's coming out!"

unsure if you're aware of this, but his original theme music when he debuted used to just say that over and over. if you did know that, then just look at the post above mine.

also, the 2-second break between "you think you know him" and the clashing start of Metalingus gives the crowd time to pop audibly. Which is nice. Perfect example: survivor series, 2008. The whole place when nuts when Edge turned up after HHH and Kozlov had (deliberately?) bored everyone to tears.

When he first debuted he debuted as someone who was very mysterious. He came through the crowd and he never spoke a word. The announcers didn't know anything about him, where he was from or anything like that. Just that he was supposedly a troubled soul. So you think you know him, but you have no idea about him. You don't know what he's been through. He's mysterious. That was the basics of his first gimmick.

Yea, its just a harkening back to how he started, and ode to his character progression. Edge entered WWE with that line at the beginning of his theme, and it is easily relateable with him. It stays with him, throughout all the changes, the superstardom, he still has that mystery, that "edge" if you will. You dont know him, he does what he wants, for his own reasons.

It's just a way to give impact to the music, so you know straight away it's Edge... Like Big Show's "WEEEEEEEEEELLL it's the Big Show!". Or a better example, Stone Cold's glass breaking, this sound triggers something in your brain that's like "YES! Stone Cold's coming out!"

i agree with that...a friend of mine dropped a glass bottle the other day and i went crazy...:icon_biggrin:

but i think the "you think you know me" phrase in the beggining of edge's entrance sets up a good reception to edge...it's just a perfect entrance and one of my favourite ones...the phrase, then the smoke with some guitars and then he comes out when the singing begins

What is the significance of "You think you know me?" at the beginning of Edge's theme? Every theme he has had a new entrance theme, it starts with that.

I think its to do with how unpredicatable he is perhaps??

Anyone else have any ideas..?

Basically, the only reason "You think you know me" is included in his theme (in my opinion) is because of an attempt to link his original character he debuted with, to the character he is today.

The problem with that is that his character of today is absolutely nothing like the character he debuted with. Which is why I think it is rather pointless that they still do it, because his character of today is not mysterious in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back