• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

You got to feel bad for Chavo

barclayteo

Pre-Show Stalwart
chavo guerrueo is a great wrestler just like all the others in his family. from his father to his late great uncle eddy guerrueo. back when eddy was still alive chavo help up great in the mid card division. he pulled of pretty good matches and had great feuds the only time i didnt really like him was he went blonde and did that golf guy or whaterever. but after eddy died wwe seems to have lost any respect they had for him. the last really big things he did was lafamilia and his run as ecw champion and had a decent feud with cm punk.

but after that wwe made him squash all the time i mean anyone who loses to hornswoggle either must have done something bad or lost their drive for the sport. he didnt just lose to hornswoggle once or twice. but thats about all he is done i know some great wrestlers dont mind putting over new talent cause we cant really call chavo young anymore.

so im thinking chavo is the kind of wrestler who dosent mind working had great fueds decent mic skills and looked believable doing his moves i mean the way he does the goro bomb is great and he can also do the frog splash just like his uncle but do you think that the way he has been treated lately will ruin any chance of him going into the hall of fame or even managing to recover whats left of his career.

because im a fan of his but to be in a constantly losing fued to a guy like hornswoggle who has no wrestling skills or even reason to wrestle. do you think its over for him in the wwe or should he go somewhere else where he can be used to his full potential.

what do you guys think?

He's just a comedy guy now, and there's really nothing more to it than that. He was squashed by Kane at Wrestlemania 24, and he actually FEUDED with Hornswoggle last year. Those matches were painful too watch. It was hard to watch Chavo prance around in a cow suit. We might see Chavo make an appearance as Vickie's lackey every now and then, but he won't be elevated any higher than that. I can't even see him having a #1 contender's match for the IC title. And to think this is the same guy who went into Wrestlemania 20 as the Cruiserweight champion:disappointed:

I do feel a little bad for Chavo because he is a great talent, but I don't think he really cares where's he's at. Also, he got a win over Chris Masters on Superstars in what was a pretty good match. Not the biggest acheivement, but they took what was a good oppurtunity to put Masters over and gave Chavo the win. The guy is almost 40 and probably getting ready to hang up the boots in the next few years, so who knows? Maybe there starting one last push for him. I don't think it'll get that far, but I think we might see some better feuds from him within the next year.

I think Chavo is getting some of his credibility back...He has been performing well on superstars and even had an attire change somewhat...He's beaten JTG and Chris Masters as well as having an awesome match with MVP a couple weeks back...I would be thrilled if they slowly built him up on Superstars and then turn face with an angle involving Vickie so he could feud with Ziggler over the IC Title.

I think Chavo is getting some of his credibility back...He has been performing well on superstars and even had an attire change somewhat...He's beaten JTG and Chris Masters as well as having an awesome match with MVP a couple weeks back...I would be thrilled if they slowly built him up on Superstars and then turn face with an angle involving Vickie so he could feud with Ziggler over the IC Title.

EXCUSE ME! You took my idea:p. I was thinking of a Chavo face turn to face Dolph Ziggler for the IC Championship and I think it could work. Have Chavo say that his aunt did nothing for him and is helping some stranger get to the top. He could even add in that she's ruining the Guerrueo name. Vickie says, "You haven't done anything without Eddie." bla bla bla. I think it could work and keep Vickie heel too.

I do agree. I feel bad that Chavo is and always has been a GREAT wrestler. He's got the skills, the name, and it just sucks that he's stuck now as a midcard jobber, and it seems like they use him for these crap-tastic storylines, losing almost like a goldberg streak to Hornswoggle :wtf:, and then having Vickie push him around :banghead: . Have we forgotten about the family history behind the Guerrero name? It means WARRIOR WWE!! C'mon now. There was a time when Guerrerro meant something, you had Los Guerreros, and now the Guerrero name is nothing more than a sh-tick for overweight cougars interfering in matches with blond boytoys, and decent wrestlers to job to guys with dancing boobs, or the kid from the Lucky Charms box. I know Vince McMahon says he supposedly cares about the 'past' and honors them by inducting them into the hall of fame, but by inducting Eddie after his death was a segue to start humiliating his family name, if I was Vickie or Eddie's family, I'd have said No Thanks if this is what it would lead to. All I can say is that I'm glad Chavo is starting to get a winnning streak going, I was thrilled to see him get some much deserved applause the other night on Superstars, and I dearly hope he gets a much deserved title shot soon. Because it'd be nice to bring some real dignity back to the Guerrero name for wrestling for once.

Chavo is a very great wrestler and deserves more but he getting old and is probably enjoying what he does at the moment.

Chavo has got the basics skills but he just doesn't have "IT"
Even for his title runs and abilities sadly he will always be in Eddies shadow, he even plays to it with frog splashes and the 3 Amigos.
When I think of his most memorable moments it's always with Eddie

I do enjoy watching Chavo.
His work to put Hornswaggle over was selling par excellence, far from demeaning it is a tribute to his skill. How many others could/would have been able to sell the entire feud so well, doing all the stick and maybe Santino could have matched the facial efforts to sell it. Not even Y2J could have pulled it off as well.
I'd like to see him get another run before he becomes another agent/producer but there is new talent that can potentially do much more with the push.
The closest Chavo will get to the HoF was when he inducted Eddie because he was Eddies driver

Not really, considering that Chavo himself has gone on record and told people he was happy with everything he has done. He is a comedy wrestler that goes out and entertains people. He is someone that can get a good match out of anyone and put you over as a good wrestler. The WWE needs people like Chavo so the people they are building up look much better than facing local nobodies where we all know the outcome. Sure, he has a good overall talent that should be able to get him places... but why waste investing time into someone who has had their time in the spotlight when they can use it to put over the younger generation as the E is focusing on them at the moment.

However, I do believe Chavo should be elevated a bit and be competing with the mid-card guys. He can be considered a great IC contender and chase the title. He doesn't need to win one at all and could just put over guys, but him being involved with the undercard isn't something that's beneficial for anyone.

I feel sorry for him just a little bit and that's only b/c of the role he's in. I would like to see him as a mid-card guy then just a jobber but Chavo has a pretty sucessful career that nobody can really feel sorry for him. He's a multiple Cruiserweight, tag-team, and ECW champion. He's also competed at Wrestlemania; I'm sure a lot of wrestlers wish they could say that. He should be used more as an established veteran to put young guys over which the WWE seem to be doing right now. You can't really feel sorry for Chavo for the fact that he's had a good career and is pretty rich from said career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back