• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

You can Now Add ODB To The List Of Departed Knockouts.....

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
TNA Knockout ODB has posted the following on her Facebook account: "would like to thank all the tna fans for all the support but tna and odb have parted ways.it was the right decision to make for myself.1 door is closing another 1 is opening bammm"

Wow TNA is losing Knockouts left and right. I was never to crazy about ODB, but she did have a couple of okay/good feuds here and there. Her feud with Tara was intense, and I would probably say it was her best. ODB's character was something edgy, and she was something different. Although, her most recent heel turn wasn't the greatest. The ODB character was cool, and she was someone the fans could get behind. That's why I found her heel turn to be kind of awkward.

ODB might be missed in the long run because as I said earlier, TNA is losing Knockouts like crazy. She was one of the bad girls on the roster, and her raunchy character was something fresh.

What kind of Impact will ODB's departure have on the Knockouts division?

Will she be missed?

Thats a news to me. I was never a big fan of ODB too. I dont know much about her. She was good in the ring and had a unique charactor. TNA has just lost another unique charactor and went down. With the knockouts leaving the company, I would not be surprised to see TNA knockout division be the same as wwe's in a year or so. TNA need to get some really talented ladies from indie circuit to fill the void.

She will be missed by me. She was one of my favourite Knockouts and she was incredibly sexy aswell as being a great in ring performer!!
It is such a shame that TNA has messed the Knockouts division about so much that one of their top performers feels it's better to leave than to stay and be misused. Thank you OBD for everything you gave to TNA!!!

Looks like they have to hire Roxxi back to fill the void lol

Actually this is terrible. Who the hell is doing this to the womens division? I thought the whole KO division was all about having eccentric characters and wrestlers. If you notice now the womens roster outside of Rosie Lottalove and Daffney is starting to look like the Diva's Division minus the fact most of them can wrestle. Now it feels like all the TNA established originals (Roxxi, ODB, Awesome Kong) are all gone. Do they not have faith in their senior talent?

To me the Knockouts Division is pretty much done. They've lost all the talent that was actually carrying the division and made it something worth while and now any talent they did have that could've made it special again, such as ODB, are gone too. The talent they're left with, who they're actually using, represent such a shallow piece of what the Knockouts once were. It's amazing to me how quickly and how far the Knockouts division has fallen. Just another example of how poorly this new era of TNA has run some of these divisions.

I'd love to see ODB picked up by WWE, although it's a shame her character would have to be incredibly watered down to do it.

To answer your question, I probably won't miss ODB, because she's been in about one match in the last 3-4 months, so she wasn't even on my radar.

Who are the remaining Knockouts? It barely qualifies as a division.

Hamada
TBP
Wilde and Sarita
Love
Lottalove
Daffney

That's 9 women for 2 sets of belts. What is the point of the tag belts when the division only has 2 tag teams?

At this point, the Knockouts are a lost cause. It wasn't 6 months ago that the Knockouts were one of the biggest reasons to watch TNA, because they actually had feuds that made sense and featured good wrestling. To echo the prevailing sentiment, if the women are just a sideshow, TNA is better not having them at all.

There's always a silver lining to scenarios like this, and in this case I'd say the silver lining here would be that with the departures of ODB, Tara, Kong and Roxxi, three roster spots just opened up.

Rosie essentially replaced Kong already, so there's room to grow elsewhere.

At this point, I'd certainly entertain the idea of bringing in Mickie James.

This my friends is a blessing in disguise. As more female talent leaves the window of oppertunity is wide open for the real talent of the division to step up. I'm sure it's no coincidence that the more capable workers, Hamada, Sarita and Taylor have been either MIA or jobbing forever to TBP. Eventually you have to push Daffney or Hamada, the Angelina love as champion thing needs to chill for a while. There is some good talent left, but TNA needs to do something to make them relevant asap

So? Did anyone seriously notice her being gone? I certainly didn't. It's not like they're losing a Beautiful Person or something. She hasn't been on TV for months so who cares if she's gone? She's not contributing anything really, so let her go. It's not a big deal at all.

OMG! TNA parts with two KOs that have wrestled 3-4 matches combined in months. They are surely doomed to fail even with two KOs returning from injury that have actually been used over that time plus one new debut. More overzealous chicken little talk surrounding TNA. I am a fan of both Roxxi and ODB but they are hardly integral parts of anything.

The KO division is headed toward the same fate as the divas division. I not surprised by this due how TNA handled Roxxi and the way they released her. Hell I hope WWE picks up OBD, Kong, and ROxxi; they could use some new blood in the divas division.

The Knockouts are dropping like flies. I am not surprised by this at all since ODB has rarely been used in months. I wont be surprised if Hamada or Sarita and Wilde are let go too. ODB did nothing for me personally. I know some people were fans of hers, but a female version of Steve Austin really doesn't do much for anyone. I seriously doubt we will see her with a gimmick like that in WWE.

This departure was going to happen sooner rather then later. There is really no "impact" that will be felt with her leaving TNA. No one really noticed her when she was there any way.

I'm waiting for IDR to make a "Success, Bust, or In-Between" for ODB now that she's gone.

I never was a fan of ODB. But I did believe that along with The Beautiful People, Gail Kim, and Awesome Kong, ODB was one of the cornerstones of the Knockouts division, now all but one are lost and this looks like something that TNA will probably never recover from.

Can anyone here offer a good reason as to why ODB getting canned is anything more than a harbinger of the shitty state the KO division as in as a whole? Ever since the Hogan-Bischoff era began, they've been shoved the margins, eliminating one of TNAs more distinctive appeals, having women who could actually wrestle.

Keeping the belts off TBP was one of the smarter things Vince Russo did, because they got a reaction despite their generally poor in ring skills, and it allowed them to showcase the more skilled performers. In completely reversing that trend, the KOs have been buried by basically turning everyone into a jobber for TBP, who are just ****ted up versions of WWE divas.

Seriously, the division is going nowhere unless they actually get more TV time, which I have no reason to believe will happen based on what has happened since January.

Why doesn't this surprise me? The Knockouts are being knocked out of the company (yeah so, it's a bad use of the word... it's late here) and most of them were pretty useful. But, in saying this, they've been with the company forever and leaving for greener pastures would suit them. It's only a matter of short time before they'd be rehashing feuds. Also allows TNA to gain better and newer girls to the roster.

ODB as an individual was a pretty over wrestler with a gimmick many fans in the Impactzone could relate to (no surprise their either). Her wrestling skills weren't excellent, but she could work any match and get the crowd on her side just by simply slapping her arse or hitting that over-sized chest of hers. A good asset to the company whose time has come to depart.

If you're an analyst, you'd remember ODB. To the common fan, I think they've almost forgotten her. She will do well in the indies and can go places. She does have a good chance of getting taken in by the E but I'm not quite sure she can have the same amount of impact as she did in TNA.

I don't think the Knockout division is going WWE at all. I actually think they might be getting rid of it completely. Just look at all the releases, most are big stars in TNA like ODB, and Tara. I really do think that TNA is getting rid of the division so they can spend more time on other storylines. As for strategy I think it's a good idea.

Why do people constantly acknowledge that TNA has way too many performers for a two-hour once a week show yet get their panties in a bunch everytime they move on from someone no matter how inconsequential they were?

I counted the females on the rosters for wwe, 10 on raw 8 on smackdown. I am sure some of them are not exactly in-ring performers either as vickie was one of 8 on smackdown. In fact I think (do not know because watching divas is a waste) Tiffany doesn't wrestle either, Serena does not wrestle much and have no idea about rosa mendes while Beth Phoenix is out with injury. So basically on smackdown "the wrestling show" (at least by wwe standards) the story some seem to think is working is a beautiful people ripoff beating up on 1 maybe 1.5 other women. Yet the KO division is "falling apart" with TBP, Daffney, Love, Rosie and three other occasional competitors in Wilde, Sarita and Hamada. That is plenty of women to have a division and with Daffney and Rosie it is still unique. Scaling down is not the worst thing in the world for TNA right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back