TNA Women's Knockout Championship: Angelina Love & Velvet Sky Vs. ODB & Cody Deaner

Marquis

So last week the knockout's had a tag team match featuring the Beautiful People against ODB and two other knockouts. Victoria and Kong I think. The Deaner basically cost Angel the match be interfering and kissing her, giving ODB the opportunity to roll her up for the win. Somehow getting that win, and complaining got her a title shot, that Angel granted her I think. Really this storyline moved fairly quick. And with the clusterfuck that is TNA, it was easy to miss what was going on, but with a two week build can't be much to see. I see Angel retaining here. ODB just seems like a quick contender put together for Angel to defend against, which is evident by the 2 week build. I expect a fine match here, although not a fan of ODB, I think she can put on a fine match with Angel. I see Rayne and Velvet distracting Deaner, and Angel picking up a cheap win.

This seems pointless, since Tara lost the title and probably should be getting her rematch. But I guess TNA is going ahead with the Kong Vs. Tara feud, instead. I really love how TNA can have 2/3 knockout angles going on at once.

ODB is the obivous replacement choice if Kong/Tara are being held up. While I want Angelina too win, seeing how the Beautiful People are beyond epic, it would be nice for ODB to finally win it. That girl is extremley popular and very entertaining(although her in ring work is meh).

I think either Velvet/Madison will interfere or maybe Deener will turn on ODB or get her DQ'd on a mistake. The match itself will be mediocre at best, but the crowd should be hyped, and Angelina should retain.

I don't give ODB much of a chance here. She's been relegated to the role of the comedy jobber as of late, and I don't see that changing here. Not sure what the point of even having her in this match is to be honest. For that matter, I'm not even sure why she's employed. All she does is take TV time away from better wrestlers.

Angelina Love should win this, but than again TNA rarely makes very much sense, so I who knows. The Love and the Beautiful People need to stay in the spotlight and the title picture for as long as possible.

I changed the title to what the match truly is. Its not a single's match between ODB and Angelina Love, its a Tag team contest w/ Velvet Sky & Cody Deaner being added into the mix.

All I can say is, welcome to the W.W.E's style of booking Women's matches, everyone. The one solid division T.N.A had over the W.W.E, was their Women's division, and by adding Cody Deaner into the match-up in basically giving him a chance (???) to win the Knockout's title.. you can kinda, unfortunately, see it coming from a mile away.

I'd like to say Angelina will retain, but even if she does - it'll likely be by pinning The Deaner, which will still make the division look weak.

I changed the title to what the match truly is. Its not a single's match between ODB and Angelina Love, its a Tag team contest w/ Velvet Sky & Cody Deaner being added into the mix.

All I can say is, welcome to the W.W.E's style of booking Women's matches, everyone. The one solid division T.N.A had over the W.W.E, was their Women's division, and by adding Cody Deaner into the match-up in basically giving him a chance (???) to win the Knockout's title.. you can kinda, unfortunately, see it coming from a mile away.

I'd like to say Angelina will retain, but even if she does - it'll likely be by pinning The Deaner, which will still make the division look weak.

Unfortunately, Will, you're wrong. During TNA's rundown of their card on Impact, it was billed as a singles match. Angelina's reference to "with Velvet and you with Deaner" merely implied managerial services, not a tag team match. I can understand the confusion, but TNA made it clear it was a singles match.

Edit: Someone on the announce team made a mistake, because at their website TNA is still promoting this as a singles match...so, yeah, looks like Wiki's correct, again.

Editx2: Alright, so I was full of shit. It is a tag match. Sorry.

I just looked at the card on Wikipedia and it’s indeed a singles match. So I think the title of the thread needs to be changed.

Anyways, I don’t see why ODB would win this match. I’m not even sure why she gets title matches. I thought it was Angelina and Tara that were feuding? I don’t see ODB winning the match at all as there is no reason for her to win, but then again with Russo booking the shows anything is possible. As far as the match goes, it should be somewhat entertaining. I was a fan of ODB’s when she debuted but once she turned face I didn’t find her entertaining anymore so I don’t think my level of entertainment is going to be very high. Anyways, this should be a solid match between the 2 knockouts. Also, if Cody gets involved I’m sure I’ll be annoyed quickly if he is constantly getting involved.

I just looked at the card on Wikipedia and it’s indeed a singles match. So I think the title of the thread needs to be changed.

I guess Wiki is wrong for once, Harthran should fix that immeadiately.

Honestly, I didn't even know this was a tag team match until recently. I thought it was just going to be Love v. ODB with the Beautiful People and Deaner at ringside, at least that is what would have made the most sense. The feud has been pretty entertaining, with Deaner getting kicked in the nuts and then getting revenge on Love by giving her facial herpes. The Beautiful People's ****ty cheerleaders characters are the perfect group to feud against the white trash that is ODB. I actually think ODB is pretty good in the ring and this should be an above average Knockout's Match. I'm tempted to go with ODB here, but I don't think there is any reason for Love to drop the title as Tara and Kong don't really need it for their feud. Love will win, most likely thanks to Slick Johnson and possibly even some hairspray.

I would like Angelina to lose the title, so I hope ODB wins. Awesome Kong vs. Tara would be the PERFECT feud for the title, but obviously not yet:p

So, I don't really wanna be the one to say I told you so.. but.. nah, I fucking told you so!

On iMPACT!, Don West flat-out announced that it WILL BE a Tag team contest for the Knockout's Championship. I knew I wasn't hearing shit the first time I heard this announced. They're making it look like Love/ODB, but only because I believe they'll be the only two available to retain/win the title.

To whoever went to Wiki, quit, Wiki is NOT 100% true. It can be edited, and I go back to the dipshit who posted how he was a "former" World Heavyweight Champion - that stayed up for 2 days, before someone re-edited his name out of it.

Anyways, if this turns out to be a Singles match on Pay per view - then TNA needs to tell their announcers to actually pay attention. And if its a Tag match on Pay per view, then they need to figure out how to better tell their audience this, instead of confusing everyone like what's happened.

Either way, Angelina Love is more or less getting a free pass here. I doubt she'll drop the title to ODB, especially since Love and the Beautiful People have become the face of the Knockout division, whereas ODB has up until recently been forgotten about.

^I too heard the announcers say that, but at the same time the line-up on the TNA site says which was posted Thursday:

TNA KNOCKOUT WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Champion Angelina Love vs. ODB w/ Cody Deaner

So we may have to wait and see what happens, but we do know that Cody and TBP will get involved in the match whether they are in it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back