You can keep your neutral rep.

There's no harm in them repping you. Why insult someone giving you positive rep just because they're not green? Rep is to show they respect your opinion and this is how you show appreciation?

spp.png

WARNING!

YOU HAVE BEEN CAUGHT BY THE STUPID POSTER POLICE!

Put your hands on your head and step out of the car!

Have you tried posting better? Doing that will usually make the more established posters rep you.

Why does it matter?

If it's not red, then it doesn't. It's not like the grey rep is taking your rep points down either.

I think this thread has hurt the rep you covet so much.

I think so to, mind you I've seen people post all kinds of stuff in the spam zone. Guess until I've got at least a bar of rep my words are unwelcome.
I think from now on I'll just avoid the spam zone, try to build up some sort of reputation in the non-sam, IF I can, before I try writing things with any personality in them.
and Richard, thank you graciously.

Yep tried posting well. People don't like my stuff or don't read it, either way things aren't going well.

When posting, be sure to be one of the first posts in a thread (especially in the WWE section). You have a better chance of people reading your posts (and repping you) that way. If you're like the 27th post in a thread, you have a very small chance of people reading it - let alone liking it.

Other than that, I'd suggest go to the non-wrestling non-spam sections and post in there. That's usually the place where people read all posts in a thread.

Have you tried improving or being good at something else. If you aren't good at anything why should you get rep that means something? We don't reward mediocrity here.

Well I have had the occassion moderator rep but my hope is that I haven't been, quote unquote recognised yet. Either way, improving my posts is only going to improve my chances.

When posting, be sure to be one of the first posts in a thread (especially in the WWE section). You have a better chance of people reading your posts (and repping you) that way. If you're like the 27th post in a thread, you have a very small chance of people reading it - let alone liking it.

Other than that, I'd suggest go to the non-wrestling non-spam sections and post in there. That's usually the place where people read all posts in a thread.

That is useful advise and I have noticed I seem to rep quite late in threads pretty often. Ill take your advise and use it.

Alex Waters is a decent poster who works hard in the wrestling section. He's not the first new poster to be super concerned about rep, and he sure as hell won't be the last. Before we write him off as another soon-to-be-future-endeavoree, give the dude a chance.

Alex Waters is a decent poster who works hard in the wrestling section. He's not the first new poster to be super concerned about rep, and he sure as hell won't be the last. Before we write him off as another soon-to-be-future-endeavoree, give the dude a chance.

Agree. I won't hold it against him. I just didn't like that he called the very people who respect his opinion stupid just because they haven't built up rep yet. No harm done.

Wow thanks! that's quite a compliment coming from you. Lee's bad rep just brought me down a peg or two though, cushioned by Mister Awesome's good rep.

Agree. I won't hold it against him. I just didn't like that he called the very people who respect his opinion stupid just because they haven't built up rep yet. No harm done.

You're not the one I was directing my comments towards. In fact, I agree with most people here, Alex has no reason to be so upset about neutral rep. I'd venture to say one out of every ten reps I get is gray, sometimes with a nice little message telling me they agree, sometimes calling me an idiot. It's not my favorite type of rep for sure, but it's still nice to get a laugh out of.

That said, I think reporting this thread to the STP was a little harsh, no matter how silly it is. If we bring in the STP for every thread where someone says something even a little dumb, we're going to be scaring off the new guys here, and we don't want to do that to the talented ones like Alex here.

I remember when I was new I made my fair share of stupid posts, including my first thread where I pondered whether TNA's talent with WWE's creative would be the best possible product (a concept I am ashamed of ever being in my mind), and saying I think Ric Flair would beat Vader in what was essentially a first blood match. Those are two STUPID fucking posts, but nobody flamed me for it (IC may have ripped the Ric Flair-Vader post to shreds, but it definitely made me realize I need to think about what I posted before I hit the submit button).

We've all posted our fair share of stupid shit, so let's save the STP for the unforgivably stupid shit.

I don't wanna offend anyone here but what's the BFD with rep?

I post on here because I love wrestling. I honestly could care less if someone in bum fuck Egypt likes what I have to say. I just enjoy reading about and discussing wrestling.

I learned to rep people because when I posted a reply to someone stating "This" which meant I agreed, I got infracted for spamming.

If someone likes my post, they don't have to rep me. They can reply to it. I'd much rather have someone reply because that way I get to discuss my favorite topics.

I'm gonna go ahead and apologize to the OP because I repped him with a "disapprove" and told him to shove his reps because I think it's silly to be overly concerned about such things. But now I wanna say I'm sorry because I guess he just wants to be taken seriously. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be taken seriously. I'd just prefer that you go about it a better way.

Once again, Sorry to the OP.

No worries. I think people took what I said overly serious, I wasn't upset about the rep issue just making a bit of a point. Rep in itself isn't an issue really, it's just the prospect of being recognised as good by fellow posters I guess. Something I'm going to have to work on significantly after this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back