• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Yearly WWE NBA Finals

Christian Battlez

Getting Noticed By Management
I enjoyed tonight's main event and it got me thinking. Would it be so bad if this were an annual thing? I quite enjoyed seeing Cena in a custom jersey again. Miz doing the thing with the powder that LeBron does was awesome. It was a little awkward seeing Legacy in jerseys but I lived with it. I think this would be a cool little thing WWE could do yearly. They could make the match a 5 on 5 elimination match to more suit the NBA format then after the show auction off the jerseys the superstars wore and donate the money to a charity like Make a Wish. Its a good diea from a PR standpoint too. Just do it once a year during the NBA Finals starting next year. Thoughts ?

The match was lame. It was just another meaningless tag main event. We get those about every other week. Putting them in costumes doesn't change anything.

Why was the match lame? How is putting over a solid midcard performer in MVP while you have the attention of millions of WWE fans at home a bad idea? They may have had a little extra viewers tonight because of the Denver Debacle. I don't think they outdid the NBA Playoffs but they must have had more viewers this week with all the media attention they're getting. For someone who hates WWE so much you sure were watching.

I thought the match was pretty good & it was a fresh idea instead of the same old crap that they usually do week after week after week. It was a good chance to give MVP some time in a main event match, letting The Miz do his thing(his Lebron James like entrance was pretty cool), it was cool to see Cena wrestling in a jersey again as it was reminiscent(however the hell you spell that) of his great rapper gimmick & most of all, the ending to RAW wasn't crap like it has been for a while. I doubt that Vince will have this as an annual theme, but you never know. It could happen.

Kind of off topic, but anyone have any idea why Kennedy's jersey was backwards ??

If you rewatch his entrance and match, the labels that normally appear in the lower left corner of NBA jerseys were on the lower right backside of Kennedy's.

Everyone else had normal jerseys.

[QUOTE="The Olympic Hero" Christian Battlez;1088909]Why was the match lame? How is putting over a solid midcard performer in MVP while you have the attention of millions of WWE fans at home a bad idea? They may have had a little extra viewers tonight because of the Denver Debacle. I don't think they outdid the NBA Playoffs but they must have had more viewers this week with all the media attention they're getting. For someone who hates WWE so much you sure were watching.[/QUOTE]

It was lame because we've seen countless "throw together a bunch of fueds in a tag match" main events, it's old. I'm sure the WWE did get some more viewers because of the Nuggets situation but I highly doubt they stuck around for the main event. They most likely watched the Vince skit (which was also quite lackluster) and tuned out.

And you said I hate WWE? WWE always goes through good and bad phases. Right now, it's a bad one but it will change eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back