• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Y2J making a return?

Joehaha

Occasional Pre-Show
Just a quick topic starter, but has anybody else noticed Jericho the last two weeks or so slowly bringing a bit of the old Y2J heel back into his promos? The high pitched, shouting, and whining. When was the last time you saw Jericho in a suit smile like he has been doing lately? He usually has the cocky grin of I'm better than you and full of myself...but it was heel Y2J who used to get on the mic and scream things like he did on raw this past week.

Just a thought thats all.. Maybe hes trying to incorprate both of them together as he feels maybe his gimmick atm is getting a bit stale.. Personally I love Jericho no matter what his gimmick.

I think he is trying to mix it up a little but not comming back to the old Y2J, since it actually make him look no that great while he was Undisputed Champion, This Relatively new Jericho is more serious and the way he portrait himself makes people hates him, even when we all know how good he is, he makes you want to see someone shut his mouth.

Not only has he started acting like the old Y2J on the mic, but he has in the ring too. He finally applied the Walls of Jericho the right way, knee to the back, to Bryan. That's (please...please excuse me for this) vintage Y2J. I hope he lets his hair grow out more too. I know the pony tail would be too much to ask, but I don't know if he could even pull it off any more.

Anyways...regardless of whether he's the "I hate the WWE and all of its fans" jackass heel Jericho or the "little Stephanie isn't so 'little' anymore" joke cracking Y2J, I'll always be a Chris Jericho fan.

He finally applied the Walls of Jericho the right way, knee to the back, to Bryan.

That move is in fact another finisher he once used / sometimes still do, which he calls The Liontamer.. google it :)

But anyway, back to topic.

I wouldn't mind seeing the heej Y2J characteristics once more, considering his heel promo's were awesome during his Y2J periods, and as I believe someone above stated, it could sparke a "new" freshness back into his character, all thou I never got bored with his current character in the first place.

I guess we'll just have to see if it's a full turn into the Chris2J so to say (the mix of the serious Jericho and Y2J heel.. Chris2J..)

It would be great to see the old Y2J make a return. I've hated Jericho's character ever since he made his heel turn against HBK. Bringing back his old persona would bring back the energy and freshness that his current droning, monotone otherwise wouldn't have.

i kow its a long shot but i want to see a return of the original jericho. The stepahanie hating iatola of rock and rolla. I think its what he needs after a few more months of the monotone ''i hate everyone and im better than you'' gimmick. I remember to the word his debut, interupting the great one and how over he was with the fans for years. He is up there in my top wrestlers of all time, and it was his sarcastic, yet humourous persona that made him get there ( alongside his incredible in ring ability)

If they were smart they would let Jericho tweak his current character, even if it's just for this feud. Jericho's character was great at first but it's been the same since his feud with Shawn. It isn't really going to work on a guy like Edge. Jericho goes after the fans and the wrestlers they cheer. Edge was hated by the fans for almost 5 years. It just wouldn't fit Jericho's gimmick at all at this point.

He's going to have to bring back a little Y2J or this feud can fall a little flat. There is nothing really exciting about his current character and this isn't just a mid year feud, it's one of the main events of Wrestlemania. The fans need to feel the build, they need to be invested on a higher level as opposed to just wanting to see Jericho getting his ass handed to him. The Y2J gimmick was far better at building feuds in my opinion and he could still do it without being as funny and comical as the character originally was. Edge is the face so he should play the humor side of things, Jericho just needs to liven up his act. Add a little more rockstar to his persona.

I think we will deff see a little more of the old Y2J. This feud with Edge has the potential to be great, not only because of the in ring action, but also cuz they are both great on the stick. Edge is going to sprew some jabs Jericho's way and there is no way in hell that Y2j doesn't fire back. But the most telling sign is how Jericho's has been saying that Edge better stay away from him at WM or else he's going to get hurt, to me this just seems like a buildup to classic Y2J's "Again" meaning something along the lines of "After WM, you will never, ever, step in the ring....Again!" I hope so cuz I always loved the way he said that

I don't think its him trying to change the Arrogant Jericho so much as him just incorporating both the Old and New Chris Jericho's. Chris has been around wrestling long enough to know when to switch things up a bit and I think that he just wants to keep things fresh, plus he was Y2J for a long time, even if hes not trying to it might just slip out once in a while.

While watching Jericho's speech on Raw this Monday, I noticed he seemed to slip into is old cocky personality.

Do you think this was just a one time thing, or is Jericho slowly going to start going away from his serious personality that he has been playing.

Myself I hope he is going to go a little bit back to that old cocky personality, as I do enjoy his serious bit, it is starting to get a bit old.

I think it might just be a one time thing. His "I'm going to WrestleMania!" line that he said twice was because he was in Indianapolis, who just lost the Super Bowl and couldn't hear Peyton Manning say "I'm going to Disneyland!"

Plus since he is starting a feud with Edge I think Egde has enough cockiness for the both of them really. I don't think they'd start a feud to only see who can piss further. I think they'd keep it along the lines of cocky Edge returning to take the belt from his old partner who insulted him vs. Serious Jericho who thinks he's better than everyone, especially Edge because he's hurt all the time.

Chris Jericho is one of the greatest wrestlers today. He knows how to cut great promos, can put up great matches and feuds. So it dont really matter if his Y2J or if his suit up Jericho. The only time he should change his character is if he has a face turn

I've noticed it too. Jericho might be updating his character a bit to incorporate some of his Y2J and current self into a mix of both as a character. It would make his feud with Edge all the better if we could see a return of his old promo style. I've been a fan of the version of Jericho he's been since the HBK feud, but as of lately it's finally become stale. He was hilarious in the past and bringing some of that style back into his promos against Edge, who's awesome at promos in his own right, would be amazing. It'd make their feud nothing short of epic. I don't think Y2J will be making a full return because Jericho said long ago that it's not happening, but I do think he's going to update his character by mixing the two versions a bit into a medium between both extremes. That will probably be cool.

He's gotta regrow his hair and change his wrestling attire in order to return as Y2J. He looks like crap compared to how he did in the late 90's/early 00's.

I also notice that at as well I though I was the only one. But if that is the case and him adding some of his charastic from his old y2j character to his new character I'm all for it. I mean to me the guy never really gets stale cause he has this thing when ever he talks or does something he makes you care. But yeah back to the topic I actually did notice that and I hope he continue to do that for some parts of his career cause thats what made some people become fans of his in the first place.

i noticed a bit of he old y2j coming back as well and im looking forward to more. i think it wold be a great way to add more energy to the feud with edge, not that it would have been boring anyway.

Think of the promos, it will be one of the highlights of wrestlemania this year.

Not that jericho is stale, but his monotone promos are wearing me down a little bit. More energy and bringing back his sarcastic side; its a perfect way to brighten up smackdown.

I'm looking forward to it.

It doesn't matter if Jericho is Y2J or the suit wearing character of today either way he's always interesting and his in-ring ability has been consistantly entertaining. So he could do anything really and I'd still like him.

My sister's friend Bel isn't a Jericho fan while my sister and I are. So when he won the elimination chamber she was like 'No Undertaker lost' while we're like 'Yay Jericho won' and Bel was looking at us in complete disbelief as we're still like 'Yay Jericho'.

I think this is heading towards a role reversal at Mania... no-one is too hot for face edge... where as a face Jericho, bringing back the Y2J would help him break that "underrated tag" and as a face champ, could easily work with guys like Ziggler, Morrison and Sheamus post draft...

Also, if the Rock is gonna come back at any point... you know Y2J will have something to say about it lol

I noticed it too. Here's hoping that it comes to pass. To tell the truth, I'm not a fan of the current incarnation of Jericho. He was much more entertaining as a cocky, whiny heel than this current snobby, conceited version. Jericho just isn't as fun being a serious guy. He's best when he's annoying.

i loved the classic Y2J since his debut but over the years it did get a little boring so now we get this new dictionary reading, hypocrites hating, world champ Chris F'n Jericho. He returned to RAW as Y2J with his classic Y2J Promo but it started to get stale and I think right now he's doing a fantastic job and should stay the same way with some Y2J in it.

Maybe Jericho was just selling the fact that he's excited to the current world champion after 15 long months. But there is a slight possibility the Ahyatollah of Rock n' Rolla is set for a return, I'd quite frankly LOVE that. One last Y2J run before Jericho retires is what I want. And I'm sure it'll happen. But when? It's uncertain right now.

I agree with all who say he's trying to mix things up. Jericho is at an interesting point in his career. He came back and killed the Y2J "character" and became the new sadistic bastard you saw when he had one of the greatest feuds in history against Shawn Michaels in 2008. Now, that character has been around for almost 2 years, and he's trying something new...or a mix of old and new. I don't see Jericho turning face again, or at least not for a LONG time. But I'm glad he's giving his character something a bit more interesting again. He's one of the three best heels in the industry along side Edge and Orton, and Edge is pretty much a face right now, so Jericho really has to step it up.

It would be great to see the old Y2J make a return. I've hated Jericho's character ever since he made his heel turn against HBK.

You hating him is the point of being heel.

I think the way jericho's character is now could allow some of the attributes back from the "Y2J heel".
I think Jericho's a little too old now to pull off the old Y2J character to be honest,but he is doing fine the way he is and adding some new attributes to his current persona couldn't hurt, would help give him more to say in his promos opposed to some of the same old sayings.

So, no, I do not see the Y2J charcter returning,eeeeeeeeeever agayn (couldn't resist that one)

It seems to be the third come back of Y2J. We've seen more of Y2J then the heel Chris Jericho we see now. On NXT, during Gabriel and Barret's match they advertised the highlight reel for SmackDown this friday night with the guest being none other than his opponent at Mania Edge. The last time we ever saw the highlight reel Shawn had his face slammed into the Jeritron 5000. That was also the time when Jericho turned heel and announced we will never, ever see the Highlight Reel again. Could we be seeing a return of Y2J ? Also Y2J Chants were heard during the match aswell. Jericho's been using his Liontamer alot more often now instead of his CodeBreaker but we still see Jericho in his suit with that smirk but what we don't see is Jericho calling the crowd hypocrites and parasites. Now there's a chance we'll see a return of Y2J but now that we have Edge as a face and Jericho as the heel, it wouldn't make sense for a face vs. face type of feud, but I really think a return of Y2J is neccessary especially for this feud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back