• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Xavier Woods will replace Kofi Kingston

Cody Trail

Occasional Pre-Show
Think about it. He's a young, energetic black guy with wild hair and a goatee that's fast in the ring and over with the crowd...but he also has indy experience as Austin / Consequences Creed, is actually very good on the microphone, has a more defined character than just a generic happy-go-lucky babyface, and has a ton of charisma. Plus, he's a newer talent whereas Kofi's act got stale years ago. In my opinion, Woods has shown more potential in the last 6 months than Kingston has shown in the last 6 years. Thoughts?

I agree with Kofi Orton if anything R-Truth is a dead weight he serves no purpose anymore, least Kofi can do OMG moments and puts on half decent matches, Truth hasn't put on a decent match ever. IMO

I'm liking what I'm seeing from Woods. Smackdown was a pretty good show tonight. I would like to see Brodus Clay to start putting together a monster heel win streak. I don't know IF the plan is to have him begin a solid push at the Royal Rumble or not, but the sooner the better. I like how not only the Funkadactyls, but Funkasaurus music has been passed to Woods. This will help him get over a little better. Why not instead of replace Kofi have Kofi turn heel and see where it goes? It's a good opportunity to see if Kofi can pull off a heel persona.

You act as if Kofi is token and there can't be one more black wrestler. One's a flyer and one's a dancer. Kofi will be heel soon enough anyway.

I disagree with you on that one. Not because I'm a huge Kofi Kingston fan, or not because Xavier Woods gimmick not rubbing off on me, but just think about it. Kofi Kingston is a great wrestler with the greatest athleticism since Shelton Benjamin. Why get rid of someone who can help wrestlers put on great matches and that can work the lower and midcard scene, and can gel with just about anyone in the Tag Team Ranks. (Punk, Bourne, and Truth.). Right now Kofi offers a lot to the WWE right now. He's over with the kids, and he also does promotional work on occasions for WWE. He's a very valuable asset to WWE. If anything, I think he's working with Truth right now as a ways of Truth passing down the torch to a younger talent like someone said earlier on here. Not to mention, this was somewhat of a mentorship role he's doing with Xavier Woods as Road Dogg did with him from 1999-2000. But no only way Kofi would leave right now is if He decides to get off his contract on his own terms. But Kofi got a few Mid Card Title Reigns. And a hope to bigger and better pushes, if WWE decides to gamble on him. But ditching him for Xavier Woods is a huge Gamble. I wouldn't do it.

i dont get it. why does he have to replace kofi?

I agree; Kofi doesn't need "replacing." He puts on entertaining matches that fans seem to enjoy.

Remember, Kofi has never been involved in storylines. The Creative people aren't writing anything for him. He's strictly an in-ring, high energy performer who does his job and gets rewarded with an occasional mid-card title run.

None of this relates to Xavier Woods at all. Woods is another guy who seems destined for the mid-card. Honestly, I was surprised he suffered his first loss so soon after debuting, but they've put him out there with R-Truth and the Funkadactyls to give him a boost.

Both Xavier and Kofi are young, black, crowd-pleasing ring workers. There's room for both of them on the roster, unless Kofi has plans of leaving we don't know about.

I'm liking what I'm seeing from Woods. Smackdown was a pretty good show tonight. I would like to see Brodus Clay to start putting together a monster heel win streak. I don't know IF the plan is to have him begin a solid push at the Royal Rumble or not, but the sooner the better. I like how not only the Funkadactyls, but Funkasaurus music has been passed to Woods. This will help him get over a little better. Why not instead of replace Kofi have Kofi turn heel and see where it goes? It's a good opportunity to see if Kofi can pull off a heel persona.

I think it's silly. I don't recall a wrestlers theme and his stable passed completely to someone else especially a newcomer. It's like we are suppose to forget that it was Brodus Clay's for the last two years. So do we start calling Woods Xavier Clay? Far as Kingston unless as mentioned before he's leaving which I couldn't blame him if he did, then there is plenty of room for both of them.

They're two completely different characters, in two completely different stages of their careers. Why does one have to "replace" the others (pretending there are racist undertones throughout your post)?

Im not a big fan of kofi. He needs a change n gimmick. He has some talent n da ring and needs more attitude. Im hoping woods gives him that whether its a tag team or a feud. Kofi has been scuffling 4 past few yrs since his feud w/Orton. Maybe woods can help him get 2 da next level as either or team or a feud. It couldn't hurt but n all there is a place 4 both wrestlers n da all wwe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back