WZCW Wiki "Help"

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
Hello gentlemen of WZCW. I feel like I owe something to the company that accepted Johnny Scumm as a Wrestler, so here's what I propose.

If anyone wants a hand with their WZCW Wiki page, I'm more than happy to help.

If you know that your Wrestler already has a WZCW Wiki page, PM me the link or post the page link in here. I'll link it to the main WZCW Wiki Page under "Roster", so everyone can see it.

If you don't have a wrestler however, here's where I really come in. I'm offering...for now, to create the whole wiki page for you. What you need to do is first off, tell me that you want me to create a wiki for your character. When you do, PM me or post in here some history/details/notes about your character. For example;

When Showtimeasked me to make his page, he PM'd me with details about the fact he's held all but one title in WZCW and also about his schizophrenic tendencies. Then I used his Roster page to help me with some more, plus his RPs & results at shows. Yes, this is the length of effort I'm willing to go to.

But I won't be offering this forever. You probably have until next Monday. So if you want this done for you, please get in touch ASAP.

To save you from checking, if your character is not Big Dave, Johnny Scumm, Ty Burna, Ricky Runn, or Mr. Baller, you do not currently have a wiki page.

Also, don't think this is the only way you'll get one (if you don't want to write it yourself). Everyone in the fed will get theirs done in due time, based on chronological order of debut.

Yes, I should've mentioned that. You will all get a page eventually, but I'm offering to do some while I have the time to. If you don't get one now, this isn't your last call, there will be pages for everyone in the near future.

I think it might be helpful to lay out some goals for the wiki. Here's what I hope to do. Anyone with ideas, feel free to add on.

What I basically want the wiki to be is a concise summary of all the information contained here on the forums. So, if you want to find out what happened on Meltdown 6, for example. You might go to the Meltdown 6 thread and read through it all. My hope is that you could just go to the wiki and do it in less than half the time.

To that end, this is what I hope for:

*A complete summary of every television show, PPV, and special event
*Articles for every current and former roster member
*History of and up to date information on championships and champions
*Connective article for summary and navigation of these topics

So, yeah. Anyone who wants to pitch in on that lump of stuff, please do.

I think you guys should delay putting up summaries for shows/PPVs so that people don't turn to the wiki to get instant results. Maybe have like a 5 or 7 day delay after each show?

I think you guys should delay putting up summaries for shows/PPVs so that people don't turn to the wiki to get instant results. Maybe have like a 5 or 7 day delay after each show?

It would probably take a few days to get the article proper ready anyhow, so this should resolve itself.

Unrelated:

To whomever made the last round of wiki edits: it's appreciated, but there are two problems. One, you de-linked all of the champions. Two, we don't need to note who the champions are in the roster section, because there is a current champions section for that purpose.

I don't know who that was, but for now, can we say that myself & Harthan are the only two people to make edits on the Wiki until further notice?

I don't know who that was, but for now, can we say that myself & Harthan are the only two people to make edits on the Wiki until further notice?

I don't think this is necessary, or good. The spirit of the wiki is community contribution. There's bound to be a few missteps along the way but I'd rather everyone that wants to be be engaged in this rather than cut people off.

Just so I clear it up, if you ask for a Wiki page, I'll probably then Rep/PM you depending on whether I can rep you or not. When I do that, I'll ask you to "PM me the info" & I'll get started. The info I need from you is as such;

- The Show you debuted on
- History. This can go back as far as you want. Possibly starting from when you were younger up until you became a Wrestler. What did you do before you started, why did you want to become a Wrestler etc? For Sam Smith, he was a Lawyer, but always dreamed of being a Wrestler, so left the Law Firm to pursue his dreams.
- Then, notes about your wrestling career. I don't wanna know every win and loss, but notable matches, for example; Saboteur beating Ty Burna. Maybe a feud that was really interesting you want mentioned, or moment that defined your Wrestlers career.

I'll then go into your Roster Page as that will give me the rest of the information I need. Get at me if you want it.

TTC, I can't rep you & my computer's running slow, so PM me everything you need. I'm gonna find it really difficult to write yours up, so you're gonna have to give me a lot to go on, otherwise it's gonna be a short one.

I don't mind helping out when I get time - if you throw some pages and some info at me I'll help out when I get chance

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back