• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWF/E vs WCW: Sean Waltman

Sean Waltman in...

• WWF/E

• WCW

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
Next in the series...

Sean Waltman
09.jpg

Years in Promotions
WWF/E: 1993-1996, 1998-2002...
WCW: 1996-1998...​

What would you say...looking at matches, feuds, impact created and accomplishments...Sean Waltman in WWF/E or WCW???

Lets break it down!

Feuds
WWF/E
Ted Debiase, Irwin R. Shiester, Razor Ramon, The Acolytes, Kane, The Dudley Boyz, Chris Jericho, William Regal, Tajiri, Bradshaw, Goldust, Bubba Dudley, Spike Dudley, Booker T...

WCW
Dean Malenko, Ric Flair, Booker T, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio Jr., Chavo Guerrero Jr., The Steiner Brothers...

Championships & Accomplishments
WWF/E
1-time WCW Cruiserweight Championship
2-time WWF European Championship
2-time WWF Light Heavyweight Championship
4-time WWF Tag Team Championship w/ Marty Jannetty (1), Hardcore Holly (1), and Kane (2)

WCW
1-time WCW Cruiserweight Championship
1-time WCW World Tag Team Championship w/ Kevin Nash and Scott Hall

What would you say, Sean Waltman in WWF/E or WCW??

My Opinion
I'm going to pick the obvious one and say WWF/E...I never saw him wrestle as the Kid, but looking back at what he did..is pretty amazing..he could have really made something...X-Pac was just a sick character...he made me love DX more...his feud with Kane must have been his defining moment in pro wrestling..this guy showed us how a small guy can go up against a monster and even win...
Picking WWF/E, i'm not going to take anything away from his WCW run..I think his Cruiserweight title reign was a good one, holding for over 4 months and defending it nearly every week against the likes of Jericho, Rey Mysterio and Chavo...

What would you say??

Please keep thread on topic...thank-you!

i would vote for his wwf/e run--it just seemed more memorable than the wcw run.
he always seemed to be much more over to me as 1-2-3 kid or as a dx member than the nWo run

WWF/E

He was great when he was 123 Kid, then when he returned as X-pac he was even better.

And I'm kinda ashamed to admit...I enjoyed X-factor =O

As a child, I was a HUGE fan of the 123 Kid. He was just awesome. He was really the first guy since the Rockers in the WWF to bring high flying and karate to his matches to the level he brought them in. Because of this, he was able to have some FANTASTIC, ground-breaking matches against the likes of Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Razor Ramon, Shawn Michaels, etc.

In WCW, however, he was a little fish in a huge pond when it came to high-flyers. Moreover, he didn't get the quality of opponents in WCW as he did in the WWF. His run in WCW sucked, to be frank. He was apart of the nWo as nothing more than basically a lackey. He never won anything, and outside of a match against Ric Flair and a Ladder match against Eddie Guerrero, all his other matches there were completely forgettable.

When Waltman returned to the WWF as X-Pac, he did some good stuff with DX and what not. He also became one of the most over heels on the entire show. People like to say "X-Pac heat" as if that's a bad thing; personally, I think it's a compliment to Waltman. He was over as a heel not because he "sucked," but because fans hated him. That was it.

So, yeah... it's WWE, easily. His first run there as the 123 Kid was phenomenal, and his 2nd run as X-Pac, while not nearly as great, was still better than anything he did in WCW.

xpac was my favorite wrestler in wwf besides kane...i shit in my pants when they were the tag champions...i wish he was big in tna now but looks like he is doing that new promotion which is cool i hope he does well

WWF/E by far...

Besides his 1-2-3 Kid run that actually was probably overall better than his Syxx's accomplishments, as far as titles go... He did far much more and made a TRUE impact as X-Pac! His part in the reformation of DX after HBK retired(The First Time) was HUGE! He won numerous titles as well...

Definitely WWE besides his feud with Eddie Guerrero his time in WCW was pretty forgettable, and he was only there less than two years. I remember seeing him in the GWF on ESPN when I was in sixth grade as the kamikaze Kid. Even then I thought even though he's small he's going to be a star. I was happy when he debuted in WWE and beat Razor Ramon in his third match.

Although he was small he accomplished a lot in a big mans sport. He was so good at times he made it believable when he beat a big guy. With his buddies having so much power in WCW I'm surprised he didn't get pushed better in WCW.

Easily the WWE. Waltman certainly acheived more in as the 1-2-3 Kid and X-Pac than he did in WCW, but I don't think he ever really achieved his full potential.

Obviously the drugs played a part in that, but Waltman seemed to always be coasting in his matches, and rode the coat tails of his friends, like Nash, Hall, HBK, HHH who were all bigger stars than him, and used his to try and boost his own career, rather than just getting over on his own.

Without DX or the nWo, I dont think Waltman would be particularly remembered in wrestling, X-Factor was ok and had cool music (and I was a big fan of Justin Credible) but they never really achieved anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back