WWE's TV Deals

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
The story making the rounds right now is that WWE and Fox appear to have reached a deal when it comes to SmackDown, at least according to ESPN. There have been stories circulating for months that Fox has been very interested in a deal to air WWE programming with the rumors being that Raw would air on the Fox network itself while SmackDown aired on Fox Sports1. However, it was announced last week that Raw would be staying with NBCUniversal for a TV deal reportedly worth three times the current deal.

There aren't any details as to what the deal with Fox is, only that SmackDown Live is set to air on the Fox network and that the offer is described as "massive." Reports on WWE's TV deals have caused the company's stock price to surge with the price currently sitting at $54.65 per share and the company's stock itself is currently valued at $4.216 billion.

With the blue brand on a completely different network, one that's out of the NBCU umbrella, this is a potential opportunity for WWE to make SmackDown into its own true brand

SmackDown definitely has a chance to stand out. I do see WWE having incentive to increase star power on the blue brand.

We have to assume we'll be seeing Alicia Fox on air sometime soon right?? She'll probably be pushed to the moon and probably beat the queen Carmella for the title I reckon. Exciting times for Alicia, for everyone else though? Who knows? The Face that runs the place moniker might even change to the Fox that owns the Box!(like tv box)!! Just thinking out loud lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back