WWE's other annual tradition...

bxbigshow

Getting Noticed By Management
Every year, usually around springtime after Backlash, WWE releases at least 10 bodies for cost cutting. It's really predictable.
They should make it a PPV called "Future Endeavors". Let all your soon to be realeased talent mix up...winner stays employed. But seriously:

Who out of the list given will be given the 2 sentence email? Pick 5-8 people, no matter the brand, tell me why. I left out certain big names (Cena, HHH, Y2J,etc) because they are major players. So no ridiculous write-ins. Also some names (MVP, Maryse) are current champions so I left them off to.

This is my first post so I hope everyone has fun with it. Here's the list:

Raw:
The Brian Kendrick
Chavo Guerrero
Festus
Goldust
Jamie Noble
"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
Mr. Kennedy
Sim Snuka
William Regal

SD!:
Charlie Haas
Curt Hawkins
Dolph Ziggler
The Great Khali
Jesse
Jimmy Wang Yang
JTG
Kung Fu Naki
Mike Knox
Ricky Ortiz
R-Truth
Shad Gaspard

ECW:
DH Smith
DJ Gabriel
Ezekiel
Hurricane Helms
Mark Henry
Paul Burchill
Tyson Kidd
Vladimir Kozlov
Zack Ryder

Diva (All Brands):
Brie Bella
Jillian Hall
Nikki Bella
Rosa Mendes
Alicia Fox
Candice Michelle
Eve Torres
Layla
Maria
Katie Lea

Enjoy!

I think Curt Hawkins is going to be released. Ryder was probobly moved to ECW beacuse WWE sees more potential in him then Curt and plans on trying him out on ECW. Curt hasnt been on tv in months, and wasnt drafted so he will be future endeavered soon.

Also think Jesse and/or Festus will be gone too

Every year, usually around springtime after Backlash, WWE releases at least 10 bodies for cost cutting. It's really predictable.
They should make it a PPV called "Future Endeavors". Let all your soon to be realeased talent mix up...winner stays employed. But seriously:

Who out of the list given will be given the 2 sentence email? Pick 5-8 people, no matter the brand, tell me why. I left out certain big names (Cena, HHH, Y2J,etc) because they are major players. So no ridiculous write-ins. Also some names (MVP, Maryse) are current champions so I left them off to.

This is my first post so I hope everyone has fun with it. Here's the list:

Raw:
The Brian Kendrick
Hmm, I'm uncertain about this one. If he can keep away from the drugs and shit I think he will be fine.
Chavo Guerrero
This one I agree with you. Chavo Isn't really doing anything at the moment other then pushing Vickie around. His matches are dull and boring and he isn't over at all.
I doubt this one, Festus Will be going far in the WWE, He can wrestle and Will one day become a big star.
Yep, agree here as well, What does he even do anymore? stupid backstage segments?
Jamie Noble
He is also a Writer so I'm not to sure about Noble.
"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
No Friekin way. Jim Duggan Will never be released. He will retire eventually.
Charlie Haas
Curt Hawkins
Dolph Ziggler
Good lord yes, WTF have these guys done lately that was so impressive?
The Great Khali
and what? Kill all the movements in India? Nah the great Khali Will never get fired, he is a good monster Heel.
Jesse
Jimmy Wang Yang
JTG
Kung Fu Naki
Mike Knox
Ricky Ortiz
These are the main ones I would say would go, they aint doing anything with them and they are nothing speacial. it wouldnt hurt the WWE if they released these guys.
Keep him, he is still making an impact.

I'm guessing Jesse or Festus, Sim Snuka, Ricky Ortiz, maybe Ryder and Hawkins and some developmental talent too. They could get rid of several divas and I wouldn't care.

I doubt this one, Festus Will be going far in the WWE, He can wrestle and Will one day become a big star.

Yeah and hurricane helms was actually a superhero. Im not sure if you're joking. I hope you are. Even if they change the ridiculous hillbilly gimmick, a fat bald guy wont be the face of the company. Sorry Vader fans.
One good match with the undertaker does not a star make.

Good lord yes, WTF have these guys done lately that was so impressive?

Ok so I agree, Hawkins can go, He was paired with one of the best heels in the generation and didnt do jack. His most famous moment in wrestling is impersonating edge in a PPV match. Is Haas still doing his old gimmick of impersonation? He should get together with Hawkins.

Dolph Ziggler, the man that draws the ire of so many. I like him, he can wrestle, did a stint with the Spirit Squad earning tag team gold, and he has charisma. What has he done lately? Challenge MVP for the US title. How many people on the list have done this with charisma and the ability to wrestle.
(Side note, Ziggler is on Smackdown now, and they just drafted the midcard titles, WTF? If he wins then the Intercontinental and US belts will be on smackdown. Way to make it predictable)

Keep him, he is still making an impact.

Was that a jab at TNA there? He's ok, but he better get put into a feud soon. I grow tired of his hippity hoppity.

raw
chavo
goldust/old
jim duggan/old
noble/hes nothing now
kennedy/where as he been
sim snuka//DEUCE is done

smackdown
haas/he was made for heat
curt hawkins/ not been on for 2 months
jeese/he has no partner
wang yang/ no cruiser weight title
kung fu/same as wang yang
knox/he loeses to a 5'5

ecw
dh smith/ he still is a wrestler ?
gabriel/wwe is not dance dance revolution
hurricane/old
paul burcial / he was a pirate
kidd/what is so special about him

divas maria katie lea layla

commentaters

todd grisham
josh matthes
matt striker

raw
chavo
goldust/old
jim duggan/old
noble/hes nothing now
kennedy/where as he been
sim snuka//DEUCE is done

smackdown
haas/he was made for heat
curt hawkins/ not been on for 2 months
jeese/he has no partner
wang yang/ no cruiser weight title
kung fu/same as wang yang
knox/he loeses to a 5'5

ecw
dh smith/ he still is a wrestler ?
gabriel/wwe is not dance dance revolution
hurricane/old
paul burcial / he was a pirate
kidd/what is so special about him

divas maria katie lea layla

commentaters

todd grisham
josh matthes
matt striker

With the exception of Jim Duggan, Noble, Kennedy, Haas, Knox, Smith, Gabriel, Hurricane, Burchill, KIDD, Maria, Katie, Layla, Grisham, Matthews and Striker...I'll agree with the rest of your ridiculous list.

I dont necessarily think all of these people should keep their jobs, but reasons why they wont be released:

I'm not sure on this, but I think Hacksaw is actually under a Legends contract instead of the typical talent contract they have and they just use him on TV whenever it is convenient, so I dont think they would release him.
Goldust I would think was hired back more as a favor to Dusty Rhodes, and although they kinda touched on it before, but I could see them playing on his relationship with Cody a little more.
I dont think Chavo will go anywhere just out of respect for Eddie.
Mr. Kennedy is suppose to return in about a month, and with him getting drafted to Raw I dont think they would release him.
Regal got a decent push last year and is used enough I dont see him getting a pink slip.
Dolph Ziggler for some reason someone in management seems to like him and he has been used quite a bit lately.
Kahli is to big of a star in India, and with the Kiss cam thing, I dont think so.
Knox has been getting a push and was in the Raw Chamber main event back at NWO
R-truth just got a new shirt on WWEshop.com. so they need to sell those first.
Mark Henry, if he hasnt been released by now, he never will be.
Most of the Divas are safe, the only ones with the biggest chance of being released I think might would be Katie Lea and Alicia, but that is just my opinion.
And last, as much as I wish they would, I dont think Kozlov is going to be released any time soon.

i dont even know who half of these guys are but i would drop MVP. i know you said he's a champion but i just dont see anything special about this guy...

then again i'd release alot of people i see on there before him. the thing is, i dont know any of their names, they're that bad.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan is signed???? lmao i have to keep my eyes open now to see this

The guys I think will be released are the ones that have been crippled with the way they look now that the draft has happened. TBK is the first on my mind to be given the boot, because he had been on a large losing streak ever since he was involved in that title match last year. To top it off, he lost the only thing that made him appear credible, and that was his bodyguard.

The second individual is DJ Gabriel. He has really done nothing since his debut, and now he has lost his valet, Alicia Foxx. Forgive me if im wrong, but his gimmick only works because of him and Foxx. With her gone, there is nothing for him now, so he'll be either repackaged (which could be likely) but since he is on ecw, he was given his chance and its gone. And so well he be.

The third guy has to be Curt Hawkins. The only reason for this is that when the tag team split up, he stayed on SD! while Ryder went to ECW. Ryder's move to ecw may be because they saw some potential in him so want to move him to wwe's other developmental area to see if he can be a singles star. Hawkins, on the other hand, was left on SD! because there is nothing for him, and he will be gone.

Sim Snuka is number 4, and thats pretty much because he has been gone since the royal rumble. They tried to make him into a second generation star, but its not happening. There is nothing for him, and so he won't last too long.

Charlie Haas is my last guy, and thats only because he has stopped doing his gimmick were he mimiced past/present stars. Haas is good as a pure wrestler, but he is also boring. He has not done anything in forever, and I don't think he will last much longer.

Who's getting the axe next? Here is what I think.

He's not doing anything, I'm not even sure why they brought him back. Some sort of match between him and Cody where Cody wins, and that's the last we'll see of Goldust.

Sim Snuka

He would already be gone but they probably kept him around a little longer so that his father would have still done the Jericho match. He'll be gone soon I bet. Ever since he got kicked out of Legacy with Manu, I thought he would be in danger of getting the axe.

Curt Hawkins

I thought him and Ryder being the fake Edges was cool, but since they were split up in the draft, they are both in danger of getting the axe. Hawkins probably moreso than Ryder though.

Dolph Ziggler

This guy won't last. He is the only surviving member (if I remember correctly) of the infamous Sissy Squad as I call them. He sucked when he was in that and he sucks now (although the gimmick now is better). If Kenny Dykstra couldn't make it further than the Sissy Squad and two feuds afterwards, then neither will Ziggler. He'll vanish after MVP beats him for sure.

Jimmy Wang Yang

What the heck happened to him? He'll get the axe most likely unless he gets repackaged. Or maybe have him do a tag team with Funaki or Dreamer with the gimmick of being jobbers. That would be funny, of course they would never ever win, but it would certainly be amusing. He will probably get released though I think.

Ricky Ortiz

OH MY GOSH, don't even get me started! I hated his character from day one, and how he lasted longer than Braden Walker is BEYOND me. That towel thing is lame. Every time I see anything about a release, I always open it hoping that it's Ortiz. Shouldn't be too much longer now....

DJ Gabriel

Without Alicia he will need a new gimmick or else he's getting the axe since there is no way he would get over in the current gimmick without her.

I can think of more if I had the time, but going through your list those look to me like the ones who are most likely to be gone soon.

_

i'd have to say Curt Hawkins is going to get this Futures, and possibly zeke

Hacksaw Jim Duggan is signed???? lmao i have to keep my eyes open now to see this

Duggan has been with the WWE since like 2006 i believe, he's been back for a while.

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan - Come on!
Sim Snuka - Nepotism will only get you so far
Ricky Ortiz - God yes, get rid of him
Jesse - I can't remember ever seeing him in the ring
Paul Burchill & Katie Lea - I fear for them, they've been treated badly
Curt Hawkins - Who? Exactly
Charlie Haas - I'd hope not.

-----------------------------

The Great Khali - He should go, he won't because of the Indian market
Jimmy Wang Yang - The guy is talent, wouldn't surprise me though
Kung Fu Naki - Loyalty will see him stay
DJ Gabriel - I like this guy, he's talented and in phenomenal shape, which is why Vince hired him
Ezekiel - Should fit in ECW, I'll give him a year though
Hurricane Helms - Can't remember the last time I saw him. He never got the expected push when he came back.

Raw:
The Brian Kendrick
- Maybe. Unless he stop his drug habit, he'll be fired and he'll head on over to TNA.

Chavo Guerrero
- No. Simply because of his last name.

- No. He quite possible has a good midcard future ahead of him. He's somewhat over, so they'll probably keep him.

- No. Again, because of his family.

Jamie Noble
- Yes. Doesn't matter what he's doing backstage, he's just pathetic. The segments that are supposed to be funny because he gets squashed in seconds are just sad.

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
- Maybe. He's a legend, but he's not doing anything these days and he's hard to watch.

Mr. Kennedy
- Maybe. He has 1 last chance. If he gets injured again before becoming a main eventer, he's gone. He'll probably show up in TNA aswell though.

Sim Snuka
- Maybe. This is a tough one. He could do well on ECW, and he's got a legendary father. But he's pretty old and his time has long passed.

William Regal
- No. I have a feeling he'll be kept around for a while longer as a midcard jobber.

SD!:
Charlie Haas
- Maybe. It all depends how heartless WWE are feeling when they're releasing guys. He's just had a kid and his gimmick gets some laughs just as much as it pisses people off. But we'll see what happens to him.

Curt Hawkins
- Yes. Definately. He's done nothing. Even Edge couldn't help this guy. He's gone.

Dolph Ziggler
- No. WWE are starting to build him up, with a feud against MVP. He's got great in ring skills and he should go far.

The Great Khali
- No, simply because of the Mid-Asian crowd he pulls in.

- Yes, he's nothing without Festus, he's gone!

Jimmy Wang Yang
- Yes. Without a cruiserweight division he has nothing to do.

- No, Cryme Time will be kept around, in case they need a quick tag team feud to tide the Colons over till a better team comes along.

Kung Fu Naki
- No. He's far too respected backstage, alot of people wouldn't like it.

Mike Knox
- No. WWE care about this guy, he'll be hanging around the midcard for a while.

Ricky Ortiz
- Maybe. They pushed him like hell on ECW. But now that he's on SD, he looks pretty screwed.

- No. They don't want people going "haha, told you so!" in relation to taking talent from TNA just for the sake of it.

Shad Gaspard
- See JTG.

ECW:
DH Smith
- No, he has a future.

DJ Gabriel
- See above.

- No, now that they've got him away from TBK, he'll make a nice feud for Christian and possibly a future ECW champ.

Hurricane Helms
- No, he's too over.

Mark Henry
- Maybe. This is a tough one. There's always one guy who's a pretty big midcard player who's released every year. Henry could be this year's.

Paul Burchill
Yes. Since he's stopped being a pirate, no one cares much. And if WWE still plan t o pull out the incest angle, the poor guy doesn't stand a chance.

Tyson Kidd
No, future.

Vladimir Kozlov
See Ezekiel.

Zack Ryder
No. He's on ECW now, so he might go somewhere. Even though it won't be far.

They should make it a PPV called "Future Endeavors". Let all your soon to be released talent mix up...winner stays employed.

Apparently great minds think alike because I totally came up with this exact concept, name and all, in my "Create a Theme PPV" thread a couple months back. Now onto my picks:

Sim Snuka: A member of a failed tag team, a singles career highlighted only by getting kicked out of Legacy, and reduced to playing a camera man at WM with the sole purpose of catching Undertaker; which he failed miserably at. I'm surprised he's still here, honestly.

Ricky Ortiz: Has done NOTHING on ECW which is saying something. He'll probably be Smackdown's newest jobber, and that's if he gets screen time at all.

Curt Hawkins: Splitting them was dumb, but at least Zack's on ECW where he has a good chance to shine. Curt's stuck on the big show where he'll easily get lost in the shuffle, if he wasn't already.

Candice Michelle: She's starting to become the Kennedy of the divas with all these injuries. She's lost all her momentum, and seemingly her popularity because she hasn't gotten nearly the amount of pops she got in 07. With Melina, Gail Kim, Mickie, and Kelly around, who are all superior, you have to question Candice's worth.

The Brian Kendrick: As much as I hate to say it, Kendrick may be working on borrowed time now. His drug issues have ruined his career and turned him into a jobber. To make things worse, he's on the show with the most stacked roster and he's lost his only life vest in a sea of talent: Ezekiel Jackson. I don't see how he's going to survive the year.

Jesse: Who? Oh, Festus' shadow, I remember now. Jesse is solid in the ring, but everyone knows that Festus was the main attraction of that team and pretty much the only reason to watch them. Unless Jesse can find another dumb giant to attach himself too, he'll be gone before the year ends.

Hawkins for sure, they moved Ryder to ECW so there must be a reason for it. Hawkins stayed on SD and hasnt been seen for fucking ages, he's gone.

Festus and/or Jesse will go, they have nothing to offer and have become very stale. Festus could keep going but they need to change his gimmick if he is somehow going to get over.

I think once of Cryme Tyme might be, probably Shad. I read somewhere that he isn't improving and that WWE are getting tired of him. Although I'd like to see them have a legit title fued as a team, would be sad to see the team break up without a title run.

I'm worried Ezekial will be fired. He is a big power guy that could do well on ECW, hopefully they utilise him there but i wouldnt be surprised if he's gone within 3 months.

The other guy to go would have to be Snuka. Nothing left for him, he's gone.

Someone said they think Ziggler will be. I dont think so, he's going for the US Championship and has been drafted. They must have something planned for him. He is getting more over each week too. He's not anything great but he is getting more heat and tv time each week, not much but he is improving.

I think most of the other will be fine though, we'll have to wait and find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back