WWE's obsession with silly nicknames.

"Brie Mode" has to be the worst nickname, if it is even that, ever. She supposedly hulks up and then does the same move she was going to before. Part of the problem is she's horrible in the ring. Plus I don't understand why the Bella twins are using the "Bella Empire". Shouldn't that be Roman Reigns, considering the Roman Empire is something that actually existed and fits perfectly to him?

My top favourites are as follows in now particular order. Randy Orton "Apex Predator", HHH "King of Kings" and HBK "Heartbreak Kid". I just think all of them suit the person they belong too.

My absolute favourite and we hardly ever hear it any more is Mick Foley's "Mrs Foley's baby boy". Everytime JR said that it made me burst out laughing.

If you haven't noticed, WWE commentator Michael Cole has referred Brock Lesnar as the Lunatic Fringe in his match against Kurt Angle for the WWE title. There's a speculation that the nicknames gives the character a rational relation with the gimmick. WWE tried to push the name "Big Red" for Erik Rowan but it failed big time.

I don't mind them giving silly nicknames to the Superstars. Apparently, nicknames are meant to be silly so why should we even bother about it or debate?

Cheers!!

I'm glad the Big Red nickname failed. It was so unnecessary. Plus with him losing a lot didn't help either.

wwe is like marvel universe comics mc moron is like Stan Lee with his creative super hero characters he thinks and creates and ruining wrestlers dubbing them as entertainers and performers rather than athletes and wrestlers. We all know Big slow is no show!
Dolph Ziggler was part of the spirit squad as "Nicky." So that means that Ziggler is part of this list. FANDANGO, which appears to be a dancing wrestlers and that name came from Lyrics to the Queen song, 'Bohemian Rhapsody'. From the album 'Night At The Opera ( Scaramouche, scaramouche, will you do the fandango?)
Boogeyman is too silly sounding for the ring a la Beetlejuice.

First off the following things are wrong with your argument, dubbing them entertainers and performers was done to get around state athletic commissions. It was purely in a cynical cash conserving decision in the first place. It also allowed him to not put stringent Steroid testing in place.

Big show is huge, that is what makes him an attraction, they have booked him appallingly bad, but he can move better than most guys his size, wrestlers actually say he is better than Andre.

Dolph Ziggler is not a nickname, "The Showoff" is a nickname.

Fandango isn't named after that section of Bohemian Rhapsody it is actually about the legitimate dance called the Fandango, but again that is his name and not a nickname.

Boogeyman is a name and not a nickname.

As for the nicknames issue in general it is a matter of Stephanie and by extension Vince being obsessed over buzzwords. Bad nicknames are not new but they are more common just due to the fact that they want to copyright the names. Which makes sense, doesn't stop them being bad but it makes sense.

First off the following things are wrong with your argument, dubbing them entertainers and performers was done to get around state athletic commissions. It was purely in a cynical cash conserving decision in the first place. It also allowed him to not put stringent Steroid testing in place.

Big show is huge, that is what makes him an attraction, they have booked him appallingly bad, but he can move better than most guys his size, wrestlers actually say he is better than Andre.

Dolph Ziggler is not a nickname, "The Showoff" is a nickname.

Fandango isn't named after that section of Bohemian Rhapsody it is actually about the legitimate dance called the Fandango, but again that is his name and not a nickname.

Boogeyman is a name and not a nickname.

As for the nicknames issue in general it is a matter of Stephanie and by extension Vince being obsessed over buzzwords. Bad nicknames are not new but they are more common just due to the fact that they want to copyright the names. Which makes sense, doesn't stop them being bad but it makes sense.

Don't bother trying to talk sense to that guy, he's just a troll, posting the same things over and over again in different threads and in comments.

Scoot Steiner for sure has had the greatest nicknames in the history of this godforsaken business.

Big Poppa Pump
Freakzilla
and most importantly...
The Big Bad Booty Daddy

The Big Bad Booty Daddy is possibly the best nickname for anyone in anything ever.

Lunatic Fringe is a song, and it's meant to describe Ambrose's personality. It's a stupid nickname, but it's better than calling him Dean I guess?

Brie Mode is probably the worst one ever. Puns are garbage.

Big Red was idiotic considering we already had "The big red machine" Kane. Lunatic Fringe is terrible. I thought "The Vigilante" Sting was good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back