WWE Vs The World

C

Colesey_4_Life

Not sure if there was a thread on this already but oh well..... Anyway i was jus' wonderin' if there are any French people in these Forums at all to help with this topic.... I think we've all noticed that the WWE have been takin' some shots at France these past few years..... I've heared Steiner, Tazz, JBL etc make a few remarks about France because they did'nt agree to go to war or somethin' like tha...... Now im not sure if people see this as Rascism but i do find it offensive to a country tha Half of America cant even point out on an Atlas..... And now days when ever a foreigner debutes (Hassan, La Resistance, Almost every Canadian) with in tha WWE they are made out to be these bad guys who hate America.... I know tha it's jus there characters an all but it does set a bad example.....

Now i jus' wondered if any body agrees with me on tha France topic... Do you class it as Racism or Not...

They take shots on America as well and it's an American company. That tells me that things are said to create characters, not racism. Yes there are some sterotypes, but American's and white people are sterotypes as well, it's not just "minorities" and people from other countries.

Well here in America... We hate the French for being against in the war..

Really I dont believe its racism.. Its just a dislike... As for the WWE... Like I said people who love America are gonna talk about the French... As for La Resistance and Hassan, it was a way to get them heat... And supposedly French people hate Americans so.. If its racism... Its racism in both ways...

By the way... Racism is against a different race... Prejudism is against French, Chinese etc.

Yea man i agree wit u both that it is really both ways..... But i think WWE should not expose it on Live T.V at all..... It jus' really sets a bad example to tha younger people that watch there shows..... Even some older people..... Younger fans watch WWE to see there heros compete....(lol yes i had a hero wen younger too)...... And will might pick up on this.... Even if it is to build characters it's a real fucked up way of doin' it really..... It jus' sends a message out tha America are tha good guys and tha rest of tha world are tha bad guys so to speak.....

Hey isn't WWE doin' a live Raw in paris soon or somthin'????

Colesey_4_Life said:
It jus' really sets a bad example to tha younger people that watch there shows..... Even some older people..... Younger fans watch WWE to see there heros compete....(lol yes i had a hero wen younger too)...... And will might pick up on this.... Even if it is to build characters it's a real fucked up way of doin' it really..... It jus' sends a message out tha America are tha good guys and tha rest of tha world are tha bad guys so to speak.....

Some other shows portay certain races in stronger ways than WWE does. At least with WWE the so called villians from other companys can often be redeemed (becoming faces or "repackaged") Characters on other programs can as well, but in a different way.

I'm from Britain and let's just say that I don't appreciate Regal's character, although people in Britain usually have a view of Americans as friendly and colourful, probably because we're your little lapdog. So, in the event of nuclear war, you'll lend us a hand, right? Please?

Oh and the French are hated here a lot too, they call us "roast beef" or something. Stupid frogs, do we have to save them next time there's a war? I'm kidding of course, it's just sort of playful, no real deep-rooted hatred or anything.

Speaking of Hassan, whatever happened to the guy? I know he took time off because of some terrorist attacks in Britain or something but is that enough to keep him off WWE tv forever?

Lone_Star said:
Speaking of Hassan, whatever happened to the guy? I know he took time off because of some terrorist attacks in Britain or something but is that enough to keep him off WWE tv forever?

He was released, apparently from what I remember WWE wanted to repacage him as a Mexican wrestler (ie in a mask). He refused and he was released and from what I heard last he was looking for acting roles.

Colesey_4_Life said:
Now im not sure if people see this as Rascism but i do find it offensive to a country tha Half of America cant even point out on an Atlas.....

Now i jus' wondered if any body agrees with me on tha France topic... Do you class it as Racism or Not...

why would that offend you? i just think your looking for attention. you know why the wwe makes fun of France and makes non american wrestlers heels.....BECAUSE ITS FUNNY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back