• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE vs the Alliance 2?

CM Steel

A REAL American
What if TNA/Impact wrestling folded tomorrow and was bought by the WWE? Would it be remincent to what happened just over 10 years ago when WCW went out of business and was brought by the WWF/E? Would we slowly be seeing wrestlers from TNA/Impact showing up on RAW & Smackdown just out of nowhere like how it started with the likes of Lance Storm & Bill DeMott come from out the crowd and just attack WWF/E wrestlers during their matches?

The original WWF/E vs the Alliance angle didn't go in effect unti'l the summertime of that year. And at that years Summerslam the card had matches like then Stone Cold (heel) vs Kurt Angle (babyface) for the WWF/E championship and the return of the Rock (babyface) vs Booker T (heel) for the WCW championship. But the sad thing about the alliance didn't have those big stars that made WCW great, like Sting, Goldberg, and Lex Luger. They just had the likes of Mike Awesome, Chuck Palumbo, Sean O'Haire, ECT.

With of course the WWF/E winning the great war. Now what if we had another alliance angle if the WWE bought TNA/Impact wrestling? Could it be more of the first alliance angle 10 years ago or better?

I don't see it. When WCW invaded it was a long storied rivalry, and it culminated in the angle. In the current day WWE doesn't acknowledge TNA, so for this unknown entity to come in and pose a threat to WWE would be bad booking.

If TNA were to fold, we would definitely see guys cross over, but probably no invasion angle.

TNA has NEVER as big as WCW was, even when WCW was at its lowest. If TNA went out of business tomorrow, Vince would probably sign some of the top guys (they'd be better than a lot of the guys training in FCW right now), but he wouldn't bring them in as a "TNA Stable" or do an invasion angle.

WWF did an short invasion angle with ECW back before they even had television in 1997. When ECW did have television, they pulled in 0.7-1.1 (at the most) and that was when ratings points were worth less (more viewers per 0.1 now). TNA has a far bigger audience then ECW ever did, especially when you take into account the overseas markets who barely saw ECW.

Will WWE ever do an invasion angle if Impact went out of business? I have no idea.

Should they? Yes. For anyone that thinks WWE couldn't make that work, with all due respect, you have no idea what you are talking about. WWE is a marketing machine and one of many reasons why the WCW invasion was considered such a flop was that WWE, regardless of the roster and regardless of the condition WCW was in, was in the position to market the WCW product to the WWE fans, or at the very least educate the audience on any history or story that it needs to get across.

If WWE couldn't make a TNA invasion a money storyline (with ANYTHING close to the current roster), they are truly either uncreative or Vince is still the gutless businessman he became in the early 2000's when he signed over his company to Wall Street and is completely full of shit when he claims he puts "feelings/grudges over business".

Vince has flushed hundreds of millions of dollars down the toilet because of his ego before. I don't care what condition TNA is in, if Vince owned it, no reason why he couldn't use it more for just the talent and the tape library.

I have very little doubt WWE wouldn't screw it up or purposely bury the talent that stuck with TNA till the end (theoretically), but anyone suggesting there is no money in it is being rather shortsighted.

Why would WWE buy TNA?

When it could just recruit the actual talent from the company and leave all the rest of the shit behind?

They would pick up maybe 10-15 guys worth a damn, as well as 5 Divas/knockouts worth consideration, but add an additional 40+ dead weight people to pay, to do nothing with. Remember the first "Invasion" that saw a lot of home grown ECW and WCW talent get released within a month to a year of their contract? Some came back, some worked but many have been released and have gone to the wayside.

Don't get me wrong TNA has some talent, but there isn't enough of it to make it worth buying the entire company out.

If the WWE were to go into business with another wrestling promotion, ROH would be first on the list. TNA's grave has been dug, and is already nailing its own coffin.

WWF did an short invasion angle with ECW back before they even had television in 1997. When ECW did have television, they pulled in 0.7-1.1 (at the most) and that was when ratings points were worth less (more viewers per 0.1 now). TNA has a far bigger audience then ECW ever did, especially when you take into account the overseas markets who barely saw ECW.

Will WWE ever do an invasion angle if Impact went out of business? I have no idea.

Should they? Yes. For anyone that thinks WWE couldn't make that work, with all due respect, you have no idea what you are talking about. WWE is a marketing machine and one of many reasons why the WCW invasion was considered such a flop was that WWE, regardless of the roster and regardless of the condition WCW was in, was in the position to market the WCW product to the WWE fans, or at the very least educate the audience on any history or story that it needs to get across.

If WWE couldn't make a TNA invasion a money storyline (with ANYTHING close to the current roster), they are truly either uncreative or Vince is still the gutless businessman he became in the early 2000's when he signed over his company to Wall Street and is completely full of shit when he claims he puts "feelings/grudges over business".

Vince has flushed hundreds of millions of dollars down the toilet because of his ego before. I don't care what condition TNA is in, if Vince owned it, no reason why he couldn't use it more for just the talent and the tape library.

I have very little doubt WWE wouldn't screw it up or purposely bury the talent that stuck with TNA till the end (theoretically), but anyone suggesting there is no money in it is being rather shortsighted.

IDK who you think you are to question McMahon's business sense dude. The guy has one of the biggest companies in the world and is worth millions. What the fuck have you done? The guy knows his shit, show some respect.

I think Vince would take the younger top guys and make them stars in the WWE. I could see Styles, Crimson, and the tag division really helping the WWE right now. I think the WWE is on the verge of a boom period with their current young stars and if they could bring in some top talents with name recognition, it could only help matters.

Reactions: RJJ
I can remember the period when Wwe turned into a fast pace, over the edge show delivering It's best product to compete with their rival Wcw, we call this the attitude era. In the end Wcw couldnt handle the heat and fell in the hands of vince Mc mahon... From then Wwe pulled down It's gears and had a safe ride till last month when Vince recognised that It's the time to shift the gears to the top once again and so initiated a new era using Cm Punk.. So probably It's the time for someone to surrender..

I don't see a TNA invasion happening. WCW was once bigger than the WWE. At least on paper they were more than a legitimate threat. ECW was ok, too, because they had the rep of being hardcore badasses. TNA? They're but a flea on WWE's back. The brand has no big name value. The WWE would be much better off to sign whomever they consider talented and just present them as new guys, rather than TNA guys. Better not to stigmatize them.

A full invasion angle would blow moosedick. TNA does not have the popularity of WCW, the angle was done huge not that long ago, it would move some strong WWE talent down or off the card, the WWE is doing some good things right now and I would hate to see them change, and we know enough to know that it is not a real invasion and we would know how it is going to end.

If anything take the best few guys and have them come in like the Radicalz did.

If wwe buys tna i think it would be cool to see Vince show up with some of the top guys like aj joe beer money gunner maybe sting so on so on saying he now owns TNA and is going to put wwe and triple H out of biz for taking his company from him! i think that would be a cool way to do it only if they get there top guys signed

As much as it would be cool to see matches that could come from that it's not happening.
For one like berlinbrawler said WCW and ECW were on way different popularity levels than TNA. And in my opinion as long as they have the cancer (sting quote) known as Bischoff and Vince Russo they will go nowhere. Hogan can stay if he wants because if they want to move to the top they would want someone well known as him. Now I'm not turning this into a how to make TNA better post but as long as they are like this on TV only known for Celebrity phonys like Jwoww and that other Jersey Shore freak there will never be an invasion 2.

The invasion angle has run it's course back in 2001, even TNA/WWE wouldn't work because most of the guys in TNA have been in WWE so it isn't exactly an Invasion, but ROH/CM Punk would have been cool like WWF/ECW in 1996-97.

WWE wouldn't buy TNA, they just aren't big enough to have the rights tot he programing. WWE bought WCW so they could have the rights to all the intellectual properties that WCW had.
TNA is no different than a FCW, if there is someone in TNA that WWE wants they would simply make them and Offer and they would come over. ( maybe not Sting). If the WWE wanted to do and invasion angle they would first need to fire the writing staff. Why it worked in WCW is because the superstars of WCW never helped each other, in WWE they seem to always be helping. Nexus died this way, Corre Died this was, Nwo, Wcw, ECW wtc the list goes on.
WWE doesn't understand how to build a long story line anymore. their only attempt if Christian v Orton which is being turned into a boring ass rivalry, which could have been left at 1-2 great matches will now go down as "oh yea, they fought before".
Another problem that the invasion wouldn't work is because so many are WWE defects, which would leave you with basically Fortune, 4-5 people, to try and take over a company? None with enough Physical presents to really make a difference. Hall and Nash were big enough to where if you didn't know they you could see them being bad asses.

It wouldn't help ratings much. A majority of TNA X division guys are athletic and do cool shit but that's about it. Very few of them actually know how to slow things down and sell to tell a story. The old guys either wouldn't get by the WWE's wellness policy (they didn't want Angle to wrestle due to his awful health conditions) or they wouldn't draw very much. If TNA actually had anyone that Vince wanted, he could get them.

I don't think Vince would buy it because it really wouldn't be much of an asset to him. If he did buy it, I'd think he'd just keep their programming as is only hire different bookers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back