WWE to mock Glenn Beck on Raw

As much as I loathe that fearmonger Beck, as a wrestling fan, this doesn't entice me to watch RAW. Vince is always at his worst when he has an agenda to garner mainstream attention or doing one of his extremely non-funny parodies.

If you want to mock Beck, get John Stewart.

I like it when WWE uses satire and brings real world issues into their storylines, but this...I'm not sure. I'll wait and see. The response by Dutch and Swagger was extremely well done so that's why I kind of have my hopes up. If it's done in that manner, I think it will be good.

By the way, this whole thing has brought a substantial amount of mainstream attention. In a weird way, I think Beck's comments saved Swagger and Colter's push.

I like it when WWE uses satire and brings real world issues into their storylines, but this...I'm not sure. I'll wait and see. The response by Dutch and Swagger was extremely well done so that's why I kind of have my hopes up. If it's done in that manner, I think it will be good.

By the way, this whole thing has brought a substantial amount of mainstream attention. In a weird way, I think Beck's comments saved Swagger and Colter's push.

That's what sets WWE apart from all other forms of "all press is good press." It helps them one step further. It not only keeps Swagger in the headlines, but it potentially brings more heat onto him, which is something the guy hasn't been able to get himself his entire career, lol.

My personal opinions about Beck aside, he really misjudged how his response would be taken. It seems like every once in a while someone who believes they're more mainstream than WWE and has a better "connection" with the WWE audience than WWE does comes out and berates something they're doing, only to eat their words because they underestimate how much the WWE audience actually gets the entertainment aspect of the storytelling.

I REALLY hope WWE keeps up with this angle for no other reason than they put a half a minute worth of thought into something other than Cena and Punk for the first time in forever. For that reason I support anything they do within reason with this story.

I hope the WWE doesn't try to parody Beck tonight. What they should do is up the anty a bit and let Dirty Dutch have carte blanche. The man is a wrestling genius and anything the WWE "creative" team could come up with would be terrible compared to what he could do.

What they should do is let Dirty Dutch and Swagger front some grass-root tea party rallies across the country. Let some of the gentile fans get behind them and hate ADR. It's about time they finally had some controversy.

I'm willing to bet you guys a hundred bucks though that the WWE will drop the ball tonight and just run some ******ed comedy skit.

WWE does the WORST scripted comedy of any entertainment group in the entire world! Their stuff is horrendous. The funniest times in WWE are when the wrestlers are allowed to be themselves and say what comes to mind! Wrestlers are not actors and WWE is not scripted comedy! Please don't do it- its only going to be cringe worthy writing and acting- not to mention, who gives a shit that Glenn Beck said no to WWE? The list of "celebrities," and I use that word loosely when referring to WWE, that would not appear on WWE if asked is far longer than the list that would.

I have mixed feelings going into this Glenn Beck parody. It has the potential to be funny, but it also has the potential to be rather awful. Anyone else remember the Trump VS Rosie match between two imposters that was so horrible that the crowd started chanting TNA? I don't think it would be as bad as THAT or even the fake presidential candidates from 2008; although I'm usually rather skeptical of things like this. Anyway, it should be worth a look at least and hopefully advances the Swagger/Zeb storyline. No matter how unfunny or annoying it ends up being, Beck deserves whatever parody he gets this week on Raw though. His comments against WWE were uncalled for and he took it way too seriously. This is just a storyline. You're SUPPOSED to dislike Swagger and Zeb.

It's for the best that he declined the offer, there's no telling what he may have said or done on the air. Had it not been during this controversial situation then Beck would have been someone to certainly look into for a guest appearance of some sorts, under these circumstances though I think they are lucky he turned them down. Having him be allowed to say anything live on Raw could have had disastrous results. Swagger is also lucky that this may or may not have saved his Wrestlemania push. Anything could happen and I will go into this with an open mind no matter what it ends up being, although I am not expecting anything amazing.

, TNA just sucks but that's another story. I'll be watching Monday.

This is way off topic and not relevant to the discussion at all, moderators ???

glenn beck should be ashamed and he should think twice before using a quick effortless dig at such a large segment of the population.

Wrestlezone wrong again. I was hoping for a Glenn Beck impersonator to come down during the Miz TV thing. But my hopes weren't too high as this was reported by Wrestlezone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back