• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE-TNA Joint Venture

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncberz

Dark Match Jobber
The WWE has a long list of biographical DVDs in its library due to it owning nearly all footage and rights to characters from 1970 onward. There have been ones for Superstar Billy Graham, Dusty Rhodes, Randy Savage, even Bobby Heenan. There is one man though that needs to be produced for any true wrestling fans library to be complete, and that is STING! We all know that WWE could easily produce one from all of its footage from WCW, but it would seem very incomplete considering all he's done in and for TNA. Even Vince understands all that Sting as done due to the amount of interest that was garnered earlier this year in the run-up towards Wrestlemania.

I feel that all fans deserve to hear THE WHOLE STORY of Sting's career and not just have to settle for a simply WCW Stinger or a just TNA Sting story. With Sting's career likely to be over within the next 3 years, I believe that he needs to be honored with a collective tribute that can highlight his 25+ years in the squared circle.

I understand that WWE never wants to make mention of its only "competition" under any circumstance, but I believe that this can help boost TNA's prestige which can increase interest in the business and help generate more revenue for both WWE and TNA. I believe that only a performer of Sting's caliber would deserve this kind of treatment and after it's intital promotion is over, you can return to the usual policy of non-recognition of TNA. Also, a show of humility by Vince could be the move that allows for a possible Sting appearance on WWE TV and HOF induction for the greatest performer to never work for a McMahon.

So I leave you with a question:
Should the WWE produce a Sting DVD solely with the WCW footage or would you rather see a partnership with TNA, if possible, or nothing at all?

I would definitely purchase a Sting DVD covering his complete career. Not only do I think this would be a great idea, but I think this could open up the doors for a whole lot of other Cross Promotion opportunities to make WWE and TNA some serious money. A few examples would be a Kurt Angle DVD, a WWE / TNA PPV, a Draft consisting of Superstars from Raw, Smackdown, and Impact, Undertaker vs. Sting and John Cena vs. A. J. Styles at WrestleMania among many many others.

Even Vince understands all that Sting as done due to the amount of interest that was garnered earlier this year in the run-up towards Wrestlemania.

Until he is signed, sealed, and delivered to Titan Towers, Vince McMahon understands nothing in regards to promoting or advertising Sting individually. That's to say, other than in retrospective archival footage on "collection" type DVD's (Rise and Fall of WCW, Monday Night Wars, etc.) Sting is a non-entity in the WWE Universe. Would Vince like to have Sting be a member of his "club?" Obviously! Until that day comes though (if it ever does), Vince will continue to do what he has done to this point... regard Sting as a part of sports entertainment (or better yet, wrasslin') history and leave it at that.

I feel that all fans deserve to hear THE WHOLE STORY of Sting's career and not just have to settle for a simply WCW Stinger or a just TNA Sting story. With Sting's career likely to be over within the next 3 years, I believe that he needs to be honored with a collective tribute that can highlight his 25+ years in the squared circle.

A Sting DVD would be something most wrestling/sports entertainment fans would buy no doubt. I also agree that in light of guys like Jeff Hardy, Jake Roberts, Eddie Guerrero, etc. getting single-focus DVD releases, Sting is certainly worthy of the effort. WWE's production values (as well as archival footage) probably lend more to their version being better than something TNA could produce, but both stories are fairly important to tell. As far as getting both companies to play nice though...

I understand that WWE never wants to make mention of its only "competition" under any circumstance, but I believe that this can help boost TNA's prestige which can increase interest in the business and help generate more revenue for both WWE and TNA.

Vince ultimately doesn't care. He won't boost a direct competitors image or revenue for a chance that it might mean a more complete product, particularly for a guy who is not (nor has ever been) on the WWE active roster.

I believe that only a performer of Sting's caliber would deserve this kind of treatment and after it's intital promotion is over, you can return to the usual policy of non-recognition of TNA.

You can't go back. This is one reason why Vince tries so hard not to acknowledge the competition. Acknowledgement begats legitimacy, and Vince will never legitimize his competition unless he absolutely, positively has no choice (see WCW, circa 1996). His overall reaction to the "when will you buy TNA" question at that stockholders meeting is all the evidence one needs to know that this policy is still in full effect.

Should the WWE produce a Sting DVD solely with the WCW footage or would you rather see a partnership with TNA, if possible, or nothing at all?

Should they? Yeah probably, considering the mans status in pro-wrestling and all he has done, despite the fact that none of it was accomplished in WWF/E. Will they? Probably not... at least not until Sting is out of active competition (let alone holding the World Title) in TNA. If Sting signs even a legends contract with WWE, I expect a retrospective career DVD to be one of the first products to come out of that deal. At that point, Vince may not have the last 7 or so years of Stings career to actually show the audience, but he'll have Sting himself to possibly recount those experiences in a very creative (ie; not mention TNA directly) sort of way.

I expect at some point though, a Sting DVD will be produced and released containing all WWE footage. Once that happens, TNA may feel compelled to produce their own DVD claming "the whole story." In any case, neither of these productions will be a collaboration between the two companies, unless WWE does in fact buy out TNA. You can pretty much count on that.

I believe in the Twist of Fate DVD Jeff says TNA. And TNA Said they allowed mick to go to rocks party but Vince Did not Require him. TNA Would have no problem with it (WWE Acknowledges TNAs existence = Win) But this will Definitely not happen til Sting Retires and theres more people that want it. But he will need to atleast hav a match in WWE. so new fans would know who he is. Who dont dig facepaint on Wres.. Entertainers? Except Abe Knuckleball Schwartz maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back