WWE TLC: WWE Divas Championship - Nikki Bella (c) VS AJ Lee

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
While AJ won Diva of the Year at the Slammy Awards last night, I don't see her regaining the title this Sunday. If they give the girls some time, they can put on a pretty solid match. I see Nikki retaining due to interference from Brie, though I suppose it's always possible Brie could suddenly turn on Nikki and cost her the title.

I see Nikki retaining due to interference from Brie, though I suppose it's always possible Brie could suddenly turn on Nikki and cost her the title.

It's hard to figure whether the "Saga of the Twins Bella" is confusing due to Creative effectively abandoning the storyline.....or whether this "sort of" reconcilement is the storyline.

Since Brie's period of servitude is over, why is she still hanging around Nikki if the two are estranged? Why is Nikki generally treating Brie well if she's still harboring gripes against her......except when she pushes Brie to the background? If they haven't reconciled, why is Brie apparently happy with her sister being the champion, since it was achieved during the period in which Brie was a servant?

Presumably (although not definitely), WWE has a plan for all this, and the answer to these questions might help determine how long Nikki is to remain the champion. If this contest has an unclean ending, which is unusual for a diva match, it might indicate a longer title reign for Nikki than a diva usually gets.

As for AJ, I keep wondering when her contract is due to expire, since I'm expecting her exit from the company when it does. That comment she made last night at the Slammys' about "winning the title again sometime in the future" seemed awfully foreboding to me.

If AJ is staying (or if her contract still has months to run), I can see her taking the title back at TLC. If she's leaving, Nikki can keep the belt for awhile.

Hopefully Nikki keeps the title and goes on to feud with someone else, like say, Naomi, perhaps, given her little thing going on with the Miz,etc... it might be interesting to intertwine the two storylines for a bit.

I can actually see a Mania match for the Divas title between Nikki and Brie at this point, with Brie getting her YES! moment, maybe with injured Daniel Bryan by her side, which would obviously get the crowd infinitely more involved.

As for AJ, some stuff she said in her acceptance speech last night, sort of gave a message that was leaving soon. Regardless, I'd rather she not get the title yet again. Time to give that spotlight to other Divas, as that is the only way it can improve the division,lMO.

Maybe it's because I'm sexist, but I think the only reason Vince still promotes women's matches is because he's scared of sexual harassment lawsuits and books these matches in the hope a titty pops out. Sounds like a solid theory to me.

A Bella wins.

the only way this "storyline" would make sense is if Brie has been playing nice so that she can be the one that is responsible for making Nikki lose something she loves....

Nikki took her freedom and now she makes sure she loses her title (it hurts more to lose the title than costing her an opportunity for the title).......

Im expecting a Bella victory but wouldnt be surprised if Brie costs Nikki....

I think this match will be longer than their Survivor Series bout. I expect Nikki to get the win.

Great time to have a Divas Champion from Total Divas going into their next season starting in January.

Maybe Paige can turn face and become a contender in time for Royal Rumble.

Man, Naomi deserves a shot. She's one of the best in ring workers there. The Bella's just sleep with the right people.

I think AJ has one more title run in her before she leaves to start a family with Punk, the question is when does it begin?

The wild card is Brie. They built up the Bella Twins feuding and then all of a sudden it's just over and Brie is cool with Nikki and helps her win the title? Makes no sense to me.

I'd like to see Brie cost Nikki the title because "she came to her senses and realizes how cheap Nikki won it while she was still controlling Brie" then they can battle for No. 1 contender in a future match.

Both Bellas being heels is stupid. Especially with the publicity they got from Brie being married to DB.

Nikki wins, Brie interferes and accidentally costs AJ the match.

rrr.jpg

Not expecting anything great here. AJ can only do so much to carry Nikki through the match given Nikki's lack of in-ring skill. Brie's sudden alliance with Nikki after serving as her assistant never made sense to me. I could see Brie costing Nikki the match as revenge revealing that she only pretended to side with her after her time of serving as her sister's assistant had already ended. Or AJ might have a win without any interference. The only outcome of this match that is acceptable is AJ breaking the record to become the first 4 time Divas Champion, whether Brie interferes or not. The best diva on the roster should be the one holding the belt, not one who can't wrestle. It goes on during the later half of the show, 6th or 7th to give the fans a chance to relax in between the more intense matches. AJ wins so one of the divas who can wrestle can get a title shot while the Bellas continue their idiotic feud in a non-title capacity.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
AJ will win the Divas Championship.

Both Bellas being heels is stupid. Especially with the publicity they got from Brie being married to DB.

There's a thought. Could it be the return of Daniel Bryan is closer than they are letting on, and he will be the force that turns Brie good again, thereby initiating the resumption (and conclusion) of the sisterly feud? I've been wondering what happened to their split; maybe it's been waiting for Danny Boy to re-ignite it.

The only other notable element concerning AJ vs. Nikki is that last night on Smackdown, during the Nikki vs. Alicia fight, the camera panned to AJ sitting at ringside a friggin' 17 times during the brief contest. No kidding.

I have no idea what it means, but I keep thinking there's going to be one more go-around for AJ before she leaves WWE...... and the company wants to focus as much attention on her as possible.

Whether that means she wins the title tomorrow night probably depends on how long her contract has left to run. If time is of the essence, she wins.

Otherwise, not.

AJ is great but Nikki has been better as of late. Yeh, very few want to admit it but it's true. AJ definitely has a lot of ability but Nikki has to retain. If AJ is gone then it's a shame. It can't hurt to have a female roster with depth but it won't be the end of the world. Nikki is making a fine champ and there are plenty of options for her going forward - Brie, Paige and Charlotte in particular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back