• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE title: how do you solve the Brock problem post Summerslam?

CyberPunk

The Show himself
At this time, all speculations and rumors indicate that Brock Lesnar will win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Summerslam from Cena. Whether it'll happen or not is anybody's guess, but it makes the most sense at this time. However, if it happens, the biggest problem is how do you book Brock and the title after it. It seems that they are trying to build a killer card for NOC (when most WWE Network renewals are due, including mine). Which also points towards a Brock-Cena rematch. Now if Brock wins the title at Summerslam and drops it to Cena at NOC, it'll be a really pointless reign with no big payoff whatsoever, especially considering how Brock has been built up over the last year and a half. If he keeps the title and stops appearing with him, it'll leave WWE with no World title for a long stretch. So how can this be solved?

What follows from here on is pure speculation based on if Brock wins at Summerslam, so take it for what it's worth. After his win at Summerslam, Brock can turn into a real thorn in HHH's flesh. He's not someone who should be Authority's puppet anyway, so he can continue doing whatever he wants to do without caring what HHH wants him to do. This can irk HHH to no ends. Come NOC, after a really grueling battle and may be a little help from Paul Heyman, Brock retains his title. Just then, Rollins comes out and cashes in his MITB contract and wins the title! The next night Brock can be furious about how HHH screwed him and 'quits' WWE wih Paul Heyman. Then he can come back whenever he wants to next year for road to Wrestlemania.

If this goes down, Brock stock as a strong champion and the Beast incarnate remains intact. Cena will not take any damage from losing to Brock twice in a row (after all there is no shame in losing to the man who ended the streak!). WWE will have a fresh Authority champion in Rollins. Ambrose can literally then go for the title instead of just Rollins and his briefcase that can help WWE write a program post NOC. Reigns is already there against Authority, so he's there in the picture.

So what do you people think? Is this viable? Or do you see some other way of booking the title/Brock post Summerslam?

Of course this is pure speculation as there are no guarantees in WWE. Do state your opinions. And yes, no spams please.

The booking is clean and easy:

Brock beats Cena at Summerslam.
Ambrose and Rollins ends in no decision/double countout/DQ/some screw finish.

Cena beats Brock at NoC
Ambrose and Rollins in a gimmick match for the MitB case. Rollins wins.
Rollins cashes in on Cena after his match, and walks out as the WWEWHC.

Brock goes away until WM season, Rollins carries the belts to Royal Rumble, drops probably to Cena. Cena v. Reigns for the WWEWHC at WM31.

Cena beats Brock at NoC

Brock goes away until WM season, Rollins carries the belts to Royal Rumble, drops probably to Cena. Cena v. Reigns for the WWEWHC at WM31.

I am not completely against Rollins cashing on Cena. However, Cena against Rollins is not the most compelling program for me, plus Brock losing to Cena does nothing for Cena as a clean loss at this time for Brock can undo what Brock has been built up to. And if Rollins beats Brock, think about the bragging rights he'll have. Do you think Cena needs that?

Brock Lesnar will probably win although I am a big Cena fan. I think Lesnar wins the WWE World title and holds it until WrestleMania 31 and faces Roman Reigns in the main event.

Assuming Brock wins at SummerSlam & walks out that night with the title(s) (I'm 99% sure that's going to happen), I don't see him dropping it at NOC at all. That would seem like such a waste of having him win. If he gets it from Cena at SS, he's holding it right up to WrestleMania & maybe longer (but probably not). Having him as a champion up until WM would be a great draw for the Network as well, especially if he "doesn't fight for free", meaning you'll only see the champ wrestle at PPV's. He can rematch Cena at NOC & retain. Then maybe annoy the Authority by not listening to them, resulting in a match with someone on their side. This person could either be Orton, or possibly Cesaro, who wants to beat Lesnar to show Heyman that he's the #1 client.

Eventually Lesnar will cross paths with Reigns (assuming all goes well with his build. I think it will). Roman could win the Rumble & start it that way, or have him challenge Lesnar at TLC, with Lesnar having to resort to some shenanigans in order to retain. This can then make Reigns' Rumble win & eventual WM win even more triumphant.

As for Seth, I still think it's too early for him to cash in, and don't think he should do so until after Wrestlemania. The thing with him and Dean could last up until Wrestlemania if they continue pushing it the way they have been with the whole "I'll always be there when you cash in" stuff. Then with Reigns as the champ, have Rollins cash in on him, and throw Ambrose into the mix, and you have a nice triple-threat feud to keep things interesting post-WM.

I like both scenarios where Seth Rollins cashes in his Money In The Bank briefcase at Night Of Champions. I do believe John Cena will lose to Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam, only to become the 16 time WWE World Champions at Night Of Champions. I am very much looking forward to the next 2 months of WWE TV.

I personally don't agree with Seth cashing in any time soon, if the WWE wanted the title on a new guy why not just have Roman win it at the last 2 PPV's? Let's keep the slow build going. Here's how I view it: Lesnar wins at SummerSlam, then retain at NoC. Then he announces that he beat the best champion in the company and the Undertaker's streak, theirs no use getting injured on Raw so he's only gonna wrestle at PPV's. So the next week on Raw you can have a number 1 contendership match, maybe Orton versus Cena, Orton winning because the authority interferes. Triple H says he needs the title on Raw so he'll use anybody he can to take the title off of Lesnar.

September PPV: Orton
October PPV: Kane
Survivor Series: Bryan/Cesaro
December PPV: Sheamus
Royal Rumble: Batista
Elimination Chamber: Any 6 opponents they decide
Wrestlemania: Reigns takes the title

Of course they can go in any order aside from Reigns, give him the Wrestlemania rub! At first you have authority guys who are "best for business." Then gradually Triple H gets desperate and uses anybody he can to take the title. Lesnar looks dominant, each month on Raw you have Main Eventers battling for a chance to fight Lesnar.

Also what they can do is combine the IC/US titles and make a new main event belt if they need it. Right now you have Sheamus and Miz with mid card titles, a unification match if needed down the line, they're both prior world champions so it works.

I think this problem cannot be solved.
Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker was memorable because the streak ended- something none of us expected. If we leave that apart, the lead-up to the PPV had been quite lackluster and almost all of us didn't give nearly as much a damn as the last 5-6 years.
This time too, if Brock wins the title, as reports suggest, and appears once in a full moon, it will hurt the current main-eventers as they won't be so actively involved in the title picture as now. Paul Heyman appearing in his place won't help much in the long run either.

If they do go the route of having Lesnar hold the title until WrestleMania, and then hopefully have Reigns in the Rumble and win the title at 'Mania, I think it would be great to see Rollins cash in immediately afterwards. WWE made a note at the MitB PPV promo prior to the show that no-one has ever cashed in at WrestleMania... imagine the heat that Rollins would get for taking Reigns' WrestleMania moment away from him, after he's just overcome all odds to beat Brock Lesnar, the man that ended the Streak.

Then, if things have be done correctly, you have two new main event players in Reigns and Rollins feuding for the WWE WHC championship. And like Max Headroom said, then you have the possibility of a triple threat match between Reigns/Rollins/Ambrose to keep things going after that.

I don't know what is going to happen but here goes my idea:

SummerSlam - Brock not only beats Cena but injures him keeping him out of action for the following two PPVs.

NoC - Reigns faces and beats Lesnar for the title and giant rub.

Whatever B-PPV crap WWE puts out in October - Reigns defends and beats a youth movement guy or Authority guy (Wyatt/Cesaro/Orton/HHH etc.)

Survivor Series - Cena returns to face Reigns for the title. Cena gets screwed over by Flair in order to prevent him from winning number sixteen.

December - more Reigns vs the youth movement/Authority as Brock is still gone and Cena is feuding with Flair's proxy wrestlers.

Rumble - Reigns continues to dominate as champion. Rollins still teases but can't cash in. Cena wins Rumble.

Elimination Chamber - Reigns maintains, Cena vanquishes Team Flair.

WM - Brock goes back to high profile non-title match. Cena/Reigns main event. The unspoken underlying theme of the main event is whether WWE is going to use the main event of WM as the point when Reigns takes over as the clear #1 or does Cena grab the title record on the biggest stage and maintain his spot?

This isn't a prediction as much as an idea. No point in really predicting when it is so far out and we know so little about Brock's schedule, whether he will extend his contract beyond WM 31, if/when DB will return, if The Rock will return, what the deal with Sting is, if the UT is still alive, other injuries, maybe someone else taking off in popularity, Reigns having juice etc.

Personally I think hey screwed the pooch as they had a perfect solution if they had not seperated Caesaro from Heyman

AT SS Brock wins
At NOC he retains but in a bit of a screwjob due to Caesaro
Cena next night wants a rematch Heyman and authority said no you had that and lost its over...Then he says he wants Caesaro...they say thats also a problem as Brock has exercised a stipulation in his contract that allows him to choose a suitable replacement to defend...and out comes Caesaro

At the next PPV Caearo defends against anyone elevated and wins. At SS he is in a classic tag and at TLC he defends against Cena and survives in a screwjob (Think Belt raised and lowered)

To decide the challenger for the title at the Rumble we have a gauntlet match. Comes down to Ambrose and whomever and Ambrose wins and Caesaro come sin and neutralizes him. Then he tells something to the ref and the ref counts 1-2-3....and announces him the winner to Heyman's shock

Next week he explains he is tired of being an afterthought. He has defended a belt for many months with another mans belt on it an dheyman keeps boosting up this guy...well if he is so tough he can defend it himself,...So at the Rumble its Caesaro vs Brock...Brock win but Caesaro looks good...then Caesaro can go against a new Heyman guy leading into Mania season.

Brock now has it till Mania and defends against Reigns...everybody wins

It all depends on how long you have him for. If he is only around for a couple Raw's and the next 2 PPVs before coming back in 2015 for Mania and maybe the Rumble than you have him win at SummerSlam and lose at NOC due to outside interference. Whomever they want Lesnar to feud with in 2015 would than be the guy to cost him the title at NOC.

This is a pipe dream of mine, but if you also have Brock for Survivor Series and a few Raw's around Survivor Series before he comes back in 2015 than I have him hold the title till Mania 31. He beats Cena at SummerSlam and NOC and the following Raw announces he has beat everyone and leaves. Walk around having to vacate the title by saying Heyman put a clause in his contract that lets him leave with the title for an extended time. Over the next month build up a guy like Orton and have him challenge Brock at Survivor Series with Brock retaining. He goes away comes back in the new year and successfully defends at Rumble where probably Reigns wins the Rumble to set up Reigns v Brock where we get our new star who beats the champ of 8 months after guys like Taker, Cena and Orton failed.

In my opinion, Cena drops the title to Lesnar at SummerSlam. It's all but written in the stars at this point as this will be only the 2nd time they've faced each other in the past 2.5 years and I don't see Lesnar losing 2 straight matches to Cena. After all the hype of Brock Lesnar ending Taker's streak and Paul Heyman reminding everyone of that every chance he's gotten since the night after WrestleMania XXX, I just don't see Lesnar losing to Cena. There's a strong possibility that Lesnar then drops the title back to Cena at NOC resulting in, as has been pointed out here and in other threads, Cena tying Ric Flair's "official" total of 16 World Championships.

Another scenario that's a possibility involves Cena still losing to Lesnar and Seth Rollins successfully cashing in his MITB briefcase on a vulnerable and tired new champ in Brock Lesnar. Lesnar is embarrassed, Heyman is irate and this sets up a triple threat match at Night of Champions. As there are no disqualifications in triple threat matches, the result could be Cena regaining the title by pinning Rollins or Rollins managing to retain by beating Cena due to tons of interference in the final minutes of the match. This way, Lesnar keeps his victory over Cena, has tied things up with him, ultimately loses without having to actually lose, Lesnar disappears until after the Royal Rumble and Cena can regain the title at another time later down the road without WWE risking damaging Brock Lesnar's status.

If it's plan A, then the whole scenario comes off as a means of setting up an elaborate and transparent means of having John Cena at least tie for the most World Championship wins in pro wrestling history. The result will be yet another accolade for Cena that will drive Cena haters up the wall. If it's plan B, it gives Lesnar a way of dropping out post Night of Champions looking strong, merely having been screwed over by the unpredictability that is the Money in the Bank contract. Lesnar keeps his status as a dominant special attraction and if Cena doesn't regain, he ultimately loses absolutely nothing as his legacy is in tact and he'll still tie Flair's officially recognized count, at the very least, sometime before his own in-ring career comes to an end.

There's also the possibility of inserting Roman Reigns into things but the question remains as to whether or not he's ready. I'm leaning towards no at this point in time, furthermore, I don't see him getting into the title picture again until his business with The Authority is ultimately settled. It's pretty much guaranteed that he has Orton in a match at SummerSlam after his beat down on Raw and he'll probably go up against Triple H at Night of Champions. If they want to put Reigns over in a really huge way by having him face Lesnar, wait to have him do it at WrestleMania XXXI where he becomes the man that slays the beast that conquered the streak.

There are a lot of options with this scenario, really.

My favorite option is that Brock wins the title at SummerSlam, giving Cena the "beating of his life" that Heyman talked about so eloquently two weeks ago and sends Cena on his way to Hollywood for a break so he can promote his upcoming projects Trainwreck and The Nest. Cena NEEDS this break and Lesnar is the perfect guy to put him out of commission. Anyway, Brock has the title and essentially, he and Heyman hold the WWE Championship "hostage", so-to-speak.

How's that, you ask? Well, it's simple. Heyman's relationship with McMahon, Triple H and Stephanie over the years has been volatile. They've had their fun at his expense over the years, but through it all, they've known Heyman is a genius within the wrestling world. A lot of the success that WWE had during the Attitude Era and beyond was due to Heyman. He was the first person to hand Steve Austin a microphone and let him spit the venom that would become his trademark as The Texas Rattlesnake. He gave a lot of young talents who would go on to success in WWE their first real shot at stardom in ECW. And of course, he is the 1 behind the 1 in 21-1 as he always likes to remind everyone. Now, Triple H has made a deal with the devil and it's going to bite him on the ass. In storyline, HHH believes it's the best way to bring the title back to the Authority, but we all know that isn't how Heyman and Lesnar are going to be looking at the situation. They're both mercenaries... so when Triple H comes out to make his big victory speech, they're guaranteed to be there to remind him of that fact. Brock will have conquered the streak, conquered the 15-time world champion John Cena AND conquered The Authority and the WWE. It's Machiavellian. Heyman and Lesnar would be able to negotiate (in storyline at least) bigger and bigger payoffs for matches. This also plays on the belief that Lesnar is only in it for the money as well as WWE's highly publicized financial/stock market issues. It would give HHH the opportunity to have a short run as a vulnerable face leader trying to rally his troops to save the title, the company and even his career as an executive. Vinny Mac could even make a few appearances, brow beating Trips and showing some tension in the McMahon family.

Brock's part-time status is easy enough to work around and there are still plenty of options to get the title back from him without killing his momentum (which isn't really possible anyway, IMO) plus there is also the possibility that WWE would have the foresight to re-negotiate with him for a slightly increased work schedule if he's given the title. One or two Raw appearances per month and PPVs would be ideal, there is no reason to have him showing up on Smackdown or Main Event and Brock only needs to be involved in matches with top tier superstars.

I'm of the opinion that Seth Rollins should try to cash in on Brock at some point under the orders of Triple H and lose, which only adds to the intensity of the storyline I'm proposing. Will that hurt Rollins at all? Hell no. If anything, it will give him an opportunity to take a hell of a beating and some good bumps which he is known to do quite well. Something like that will elevate him and show his toughness. There is absolutely no shame in losing to Brock Lesnar, no matter who you are. In the meantime, Reigns' push continues and then, maybe he can be the one to end Brock and Heyman's reign of terror over the WWE. Should that happen at WrestleMania 31? Not a chance... that would be a very poor decision to make just one year removed from Lesnar ending the streak. A better option is stacking the odds against Lesnar in Elimination Chamber matches/triple threats/fatal four-way matches where he doesn't need to be pinned or submit to lose his title.

And let's all just face the fact that Lesnar being champion elevates the title. Some say legitimacy doesn't matter and have a host of other grievances, but if you look at some of the woes WWE has been having with their champions, it matters more now than at almost any time in company history. CM Punk had a long reign but was never given full main event status as Cena and The Rock were at the top of the card. The Rock as champ served the purposes of giving the new title belt mainstream exposure, selling PPVs and allowing rock to promote his projects but it left a bad taste in the mouths of many fans because it took so much away from CM Punk's momentum. Cena as champ... do I need to even explain? It was polarizing at best. Orton's last title reign was almost universally loathed. Daniel Bryan gave fans a feel-good WrestleMania moment but unfortunately, he was sidelined shortly thereafter due to injury. Lesnar as champ is a safe money move even as a part-timer and moreso if they are able to add some dates to his schedule. People will be paying attention and one of the great things about Lesnar is that there aren't many fans who are on the fence about him. He moves the needle to the limit in terms of reactions, whether they're cheering him or booing him and he sells (sells tickets, sells PPVs, sells merch, sells offense!)

Through it all, there is the ever-important Heyman factor. Just imagine the promos he will cut during this period of time. He'll make sure nobody forgets what he and Brock have done, ending the streak, conquering the great John Cena and Heyman will definitely take personal delight in the fact that he now has something to hold over McMahon/HHH and the WWE brass. On more than one occasion, Heyman has referenced Damocles or The Sword of Damocles. If you're not familiar with that, it's basically an anecdote used to describe the pressure and/or peril that someone in a position of power often finds themselves facing. In those promos, the Sword of Damocles has been hanging over Heyman. This time around, he'll be the one looking down at The Authority as they stand under the sword.

I don't know about anyone else, but it all makes a lot of sense to me. It's great for storytelling purposes at any rate.

I think they go the Interim title route. Kind of like UFC (another link to Brock Lesnar) when a champion is hurt or unavailable, they put together an interim champion and unify the belts at a later date.
This way there's still a title to main event PPVs, live events etc, Lesnar doesn't lose his aura of invincibility, and there'll be a big money unification match after months of anticipation for the "real champion" Lesnar's return.

Cena wins @ SS by DQ. Depending on what happens in the Rollins / Ambrose match will depend on if anyone cashes in. Cena again faces Brock @ NOC with Cena getting a lucky win with Brock having is foot under the rope. Brock goes away with Cena still being Champion, Brock comes back and demands a re-match at the Royal Rumble which he wins, thus setting up his WM match with Roman Reigns who wins the Royal Rumble.

Cena wins @ SS by DQ. Depending on what happens in the Rollins / Ambrose match will depend on if anyone cashes in. Cena again faces Brock @ NOC with Cena getting a lucky win with Brock having is foot under the rope. Brock goes away with Cena still being Champion, Brock comes back and demands a re-match at the Royal Rumble which he wins, thus setting up his WM match with Roman Reigns who wins the Royal Rumble.

I'm not gonna say it hurts the Lesnar push right now because you obviously have considered that but here's my problem, we basically get a 7 month Cena title reign, 5 Cena/Lesnar matches within a few years and there's no way Cena drops out of the title picture for another Wrestlemania. You'd have a cheap win for Cena, another cheap win which is already behind another Cena win in the feud from a few years back :S Lesnar looks weak but regardless, Cena fights who on the road to the rumble? Lesnar randomly shows back up after losing to Cena 3 times? Then Lesnar wins, Cena wants a rematch which wouldn't be at elimination Chamber being as the title is usually in a 6 way then...so Cena would get another chance at Mania. Your idea would force a triple threat match at Mania :p

Also, a 2 month Lesnar reign? Face versus Face at Mania? Who would Cena fight if the triple threat didn't happen? Seth Rollins? >< I am not a fan of your idea but who knows WWE might execute it well xP

Cena beats Brock at NoC

I like this.

Somehow, the prevailing theory has been that Brock actually holds the belt till Wrestlemania and loses to Reigns. Brock's schedule makes that idea ridiculous so I don't know how that's been thrown out there w/ any semblance of a possibility.

Also, if they truly want Reigns to be "the" guy, he needs to go over "the" guy at the big show.

I think this problem cannot be solved.
Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker was memorable because the streak ended- something none of us expected. If we leave that apart, the lead-up to the PPV had been quite lackluster and almost all of us didn't give nearly as much a damn as the last 5-6 years.
This time too, if Brock wins the title, as reports suggest, and appears once in a full moon, it will hurt the current main-eventers as they won't be so actively involved in the title picture as now. Paul Heyman appearing in his place won't help much in the long run either.

I kind of have to agree with this more than anything that's been put down on the thread so far. When thinking about all the scenarios put forward there are pro's and con's with each one.

Not really liking the idea of Brock winning the title and taking off with it, only to return for NOC or WM. What does Reigns do in the meantime, how do they build him up for a main event title match at Wrestlemania? I have no idea, if the current title holder isn't around to even build a feud with. Don't think that just middling around and winning the Rumble is going to do it, well not for me anyway. As a matter of fact that pretty much leaves the title picture in shambles for everyone, and didn't they take the title off Daniel Bryan because he wouldn't be around to defend it? So it makes no sense for Lesnar to win it if he's not going to defend it.

Also why even have had a MITB match to start with the above happens? Rollins is holding a contract that he won't be able to cash in because the title holder as buggered off to his ranch, with the title. He still has to deal with Ambrose, but a big part of that story is Ambrose ************ his cash in attempts.

There are too many ways this PPV can go, and it's almost guaranteed that the WWE creative team with do one of two things. We'll either see a brilliant set of matches, with lot's to take us into Night of Champions, or it will be a clusterfuck of epic proportions. I'm hoping it's the former, but we've seen in the past it's usually the latter.

I feel as a whole, that there is way to many angles they can go with. Lesnar winning seems legit and perhaps many Cena haters (which I am not) would like to see him lose, but, do they let him lose to Brock twice?!?! Mean I think we all know reason Cena is holding title right now is because the "FACE" DB got hurt and they where probably going to ride that angle for a while, but, giving Cena the title again seemed like right thing to do cause Reigns isn't ready perhaps in the WWE eyes to carry that title and when DB got hurt they where still making the Shield as a whole transition to where they all are! Orton is far from being out of the picture, Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, Lesnar, Kane, Cena, Cesaro, hell HHH seem all likely guys that can/could carry the title up until WM31, but meaning we don't know how long Lesnar is under contract, we know nothing about CM Punk mean it's wishful thinking but, anything can happen. We don't know situations or status of guys like Sting, Taker, and The Rock. Hell for that matter we don't know about any other guy that WWE has in stored for us.

Ideally I would like to see Lesnar win at SS

At NOC have Lesnar in a triple threat match vs Orton and Cesaro..Cesaro challenging cause he is mad at PH and would be a solid time to push him as a face, especially if Cena is out which would make sense if Lesnar "destroys him" and Orton to be HHH's way to take out a pain in his butt in Lesnar and PH. Brock wins, but Rollins cashes in and pins Lesnar.

Hell in the Cell should be next have Rollins vs. Orton, Orton a slight face push here cause he is no longer plan A for the authority and wants to take out Rollins, Rollins wins with Kane's help or maybe a new authority figure we haven't seen yet.

Survior Series maybe have a stipulation that if Team Authority(Rollins, HHH, Batista, and Kane) loses Rollins loses title to be put up for Grabs at TLC in a match featuring team anti authority(Reigns, Ambrose, Orton, and Cesaro) Team Authority wins Rollins is safe.

TLC Rollins vs DB. The beard returns the win goes to DB only by DQ Rollins still title holder

Royal Rumble- Rollins faces off against DB, Cena, and Bray Wyatt in fatal 4 way, this takes DB and Cena out of the Rumble and on purpose to give some other guys a chance to shine. Rollins wins clean, and Reigns wins Rumble, with him, Ambrose, Sting, and Orton being the final 4, Taker returns to eliminate Sting setting up a WM31 match.

EC- Rollins, DB, Brock, Shamus, Orton, and Bray with Rollins winning yet again.

WM31- Rollins vs Reigns, now I think Roman Reigns will be a better champion and get more love over the course of their careers but, think Rollins gets the early love and heat by being the Corporate champ, Reigns with the help of a returning CM Punk who says screw the Authority and keeps them at bay gets the win.

Long drawn out but, think this is way I would love to see it play out. Brock will be Brock but, let's not give him the title to hold long he is a beast but we know this. Cena will win the title 16 times if not more and DB will be a champion again and all 3 Shield members will capture the world title at some point and the will be the Shield again much like DX comes and goes.

Are we sure Cena gets to that magical #16 championship so quickly? Just throwing that out there.

I don't see Cena losing the belt at Summerslam, if any its some crap finish by DQ or draw, Summerslam has a recent history with Cena of having Raw like finishes. Just so they can carry on a feud.

Don't forget its Summerslam not Wrestlemania.

There's alot of good points. If brock wins and wins noc the next night he leave with the titles saying that there isn't worth fighting for the titles. He leaves, wwe holds a big bracket match for the new wwe championship. Theres the way they can do away with 2 belts and just have one. then when brock comes back to face the new champ who ever that will be?
Brock will lose then they can retire both or just one of the title to sovle of the problem.
I lost some of my idea because of having to registering plus i'm doing this off my phone

Booking this is very simple.

Cena drops the belts to Brock at SummerSlam.

Brock doesn't have to work TV weekly bc back in the day the top guy didn't have to work TV. That's why we have Heyman on TV. Paul E. can continually play up the Advocate idea and make Brock look bigger than ever leading into NOC, Cena uses his rematch clause to challenge for the strap at NOC, Brock shows up on the go home show and kicks the shit out of Cena.

Brock beats Cena at NOC.

Brock leaves and Heyman works TV making Brock look like the greatest thing since sliced bread. As we all know Heyman can do.

WWE then works an angle where they need a #1 contender for the WWE WHC, the #1 contenders match happens at HIAC (bring back the Armageddon HIAC to make it interesting) which in the picture I'd put Cesaro, Reigns, Rollins, Orton, Cena and Bray. Have Cesaro pick up the win and face Brock at Survivor Series. Brock retains going into Elimination Chamber. The winner of this years Elimination Chamber faces Brock at the Rumble. Take your pick who'd win there. Brock retains at RR.

Brock STAYS OFF TV, Heyman's a mouth piece, use him as such.

Reigns is built up to win the Rumble. Reigns wins the Rumble for Brock/Reigns at Mania, Reigns picks up the strap. Rollins cashes in on a beaten down Reigns who hits the Superman Punch for the 1-2-3, Reigns is the new top dog.

You're welcome, Gentlemen.

Personally, I don't think WWE is digging themselves into a hole with the John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar match. There are plenty of ways they can go on from SummerSlam allowing the championship to remain a focus, and make sure Lesnar's win at WM doesn't go in vain. One of the best things about Brock Lesnar is that he is a part-timer with an advocate. During the feud you can have Paul Heyman do promos for his client, Brock Lesnar, against their opponents and save Lesnar for the PPVs. Since Lesnar is/was a UFC guy it would make sense, and Heyman could speak on this, that as champion he won't do small appearances. At the same time, I would think this would increase the value of the championship because the holder is only doing big money matches. I'm sorry for this...but, if what WWE tries doesn't work out there is always Plan B. Brock Lesnar gets attacked by somebody, possibly his Wrestlemania 31 opponent, and Rollins cashes in.

Lesnars contract dictates 30+ dates. There 52 weeks in a year. What's so farfetched about him keeping the title until WM? He has Paul Heyman who easily clears up weeks of focus.

Defeating the man who broke the Streak one year after for the World title is a major cap and perfect for either Reigns or Bryan to achieve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back