• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Survivor Series 2010 - Team Mysterio vs. Team Del Rio (Traditional SS Match)

I agree Robert. As the last man in that match he could have at least put up some sort of a fight, any fight at all. unfortunately not.

Kofi and Swagger came off well and Del Rio had a good start ... no-one else really got anything out of that match for me. Why on earth they made it Ray and Big Show to win is beyond me. Although that was clearly what was going to happen if it wasn't a landslide heel victory.

Perhaps they're hinting at a possible tag-team of Rey and Show ....

Totally called this one. It was so damn obvious that Big Show and Rey Mysterio were gonna be the final ones. I'll admit it was a surprisingly well done match nonetheless. Team Del Rio looked pretty good, all of them.

I liked how Big Show was decisively dominated with Legacy like tag ins and tag outs by Tyler Reks and Jack Swagger. Tyler looked pretty good in this match, especially when he took Big Show off his feet with a wicked clothesline.

Good match, and even if I said I hated it at first, I'll admit I enjoyed this one rather thoroughly.

So is this the only traditional Survivor Series elimination match on the card? That's a little disappointing. Oh well. I always enjoy these. It's a rather easy call to give Del Rio's team the victory. Why is that? Look at Rey's team. Other than Big Show he has a bunch of nobodies. Del Rio on the other hand has a team full of future stars, other than Tyler Reks. I've got Del Rio's team winning so that the future stars can be put over because Rey and Big Show are already established and the rest of their team sucks.... Well, ok Kofi's good too. Still.... Most of the team isn't that great. The match should be great, as these elimination matches continue to be every single year.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Team Del Rio will defeat Team Mysterio.

I got this wrong. Not even close. I don't get why Del Rio was eliminated so fast. He should have lasted at least as long as Swagger or McIntyre with how much they have built him up. Way to give a guy credibility. Squashed in this match by Big Show after pushing him so hard. Other than that it was a decent match because most of the guys had a good showing in it other than Del Rio basically. I would have let Del Rio's team win, but that's just me.

I got this wrong. Not even close. I don't get why Del Rio was eliminated so fast. He should have lasted at least as long as Swagger or McIntyre with how much they have built him up. Way to give a guy credibility. Squashed in this match by Big Show after pushing him so hard. Other than that it was a decent match because most of the guys had a good showing in it other than Del Rio basically. I would have let Del Rio's team win, but that's just me.

OMG... here we go again.

Why was he "squashed"? Because he lost? Because he lost quicker than a few of his other members? Because Big Show knocked him out?

Let's ignore the fact that the Big Show is 7ft tall and will always be shown as dominant in the WWE. Also let alone the fact that Del Rio is a huge heel and a quick dismissal from this match only leaves potential from another great promo by him on Smackdown this Thursday, as well as a budding feud between the two guys.

Wrestler losing differently than you imagined does not always equal "squashing."

:disappointed:

Why was he "squashed"? Because he lost? Because he lost quicker than a few of his other members? Because Big Show knocked him out?

Fair enough, "squashed" may be too harsh of a word here. I just thought that after they had built him up so much and even made him captain of the team ahead of guys like McIntyre or Swagger, then he should at least have lasted longer. I'm just glad he got to eliminate someone. If he had been the first to go out of both teams, then "squash" would have been a more fitting word.

Let's ignore the fact that the Big Show is 7ft tall and will always be shown as dominant in the WWE.

I'm aware that Big Show will always be booked somewhat dominant. Call me crazy though but I have always hated the stereotype of "he he's huge, so he's going to dominate". That always bores me no matter who the big guy in the feud is. Tell me this though.... Would Big Show have been hurt by being eliminated by Del Rio in this match? I'd say definitely not.

Also let alone the fact that Del Rio is a huge heel and a quick dismissal from this match only leaves potential from another great promo by him on Smackdown this Thursday, as well as a budding feud between the two guys.

I'm sure the promo will be great and the feud would be interesting, but he would automatically look weaker going into the feud. We don't need any more "weak" heels who run away or get eliminated quickly. Del Rio should be booked differently, as he has the potential to be more than that.

Wrestler losing differently than you imagined does not always equal "squashing."

True, and I already agreed that it was too harsh of a word for this scenario. I simply felt that he should have lasted longer in the match.

I'm sure the promo will be great and the feud would be interesting, but he would automatically look weaker going into the feud. We don't need any more "weak" heels who run away or get eliminated quickly. Del Rio should be booked differently, as he has the potential to be more than that.

Weak... strong... it's all being over-analyzed. In matches, men have to get pinned at one time or another. They obviously can't always be winners, but everyone seems to think that being pinned by someone always constitutes them looking weak. I disagree.

Del Rio turned around into a knockout punch by the Big Show. They didn't have a "match"... he just walked into an unfortunate turn of events. Now, if the two had an actual match and lost, then depending on the nature of the loss, Rio might look weak. But how does it make him look any differently just because he was blindsided by a knockout punch?

Rio is just as dominant as the day he arrived. He's not the top draw on the program like John Cena or Hulk Hogan. The guy is bound to lose here and there. But we can't make judgments about his stature just because he was pinned in a match that is as difficult to control as a Survivor Series match. Look at all of the factors, first.

This was a very entertaining match. Wrestling wise? Not so much, but dammit, wrestling is ENTERTAINMENT, and just like the KozTino match, that's exactly what this match provided. This was fun! Cody going crazy after Show touched his face was absolutely hilarious, and everyone in the ring got their times to shine.

I think Del Rio not getting pinned was a great way for them to make him not look weak. Show's punch has been shown to knock out names like John Cena, so it's no surprise that Del Rio got knocked out, too. Now he can cut promos on Friday about how he never got pinned, hopefully eventually leading to the rumored 2/3 Falls Lucha Match between him and Rey at TLC.

I wish Masters had gotten more time - he really could be a solid midcarder - but other than that, I have no complaints. This was just enjoyable all around.

This was a feel good moment, nothing more. Don't get me wrong, the match was well worked, and Swagger really shined with all of the reversals into the anklelock. But the wrong team won here.

I expected Rey and Show to win here, but I don't think they should have. At least they protected Del Rio by not having him be "eliminated", rather knocked out. But his team could have benefitted far more from the win, having knocked off five men who all had won singles championships, two multi-time World Champions.

Still, I quite enjoyed this match. It shows that the elimination concept can be done well with the right workers, and they found that combination last night. I guess I shouldnt be surprised by now seeing MVP being the first eliminated in his hometown by now, but I was. They spaced the eliminations out far enough to make them seem realistic and not feel rushed, which lead to a well-worked match.

At least they protected Del Rio in a way that he can cut a promo about it on Friday that he was never "eliminated". I just hope it continues his feud with Rey, and they don't have him feud with Big Show for knocking him out, both of the match, and literally. But even for a 5 man elimination match, where anything can happen, he was protected, which could further elevate his stock, if anything.

Rey and Show being the last 2 standing was blatantly obvious, however this was still enjoyable. Alberto not getting pinned was a nice way of keeping him looking strong, however Rhodes really could have 'sold' the KO punch a little better. Del Rio got helped backstage after the hit, Rhodes got pinned, rolled out and walked up the ramp.... Dunno, just something i noticed anyways. Enjoyable match none the less, and i really liked what Swagger did in this match, hopefully he can get back in the title picture once Edge eventually gets the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back