WWE Survivor Series 2010 - Team Mysterio vs. Team Del Rio (Traditional SS Match)

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.

The Undertaker’s Dark Side squad in 1995. The Rick Martel-led Visionaries in 1990. The Alliance in 2001. The enduring Survivor Series tradition of Superstar squadrons competing in team-on-team elimination tag confrontations continues in Miami’s American Airlines Arena this Sunday as Team Rey Mysterio clashes with Team Alberto Del Rio.

Since the scorching summer months earlier this year, when Del Rio debuted in WWE and targeted none other than The Master of the 619, a cultural contrast has yielded the quintessential rivalry on Syfy’s Friday Night SmackDown. After sidelining the masked former World Champion, the Mexican elitist instantly established himself as an enemy to the WWE Universe as well as a number of Superstars in the SmackDown locker room. At Survivor Series, however, Del Rio will need to rely on a slew of the most despicable and untrustworthy rogues the blue brand has to offer: “Dashing” Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre, Jack Swagger and Tyler Reks.

Forming an offensive against this unquestionably aggressive assembly, Mysterio is flanked by formidable allies in Big Show, Kofi Kingston, MVP and Chris Masters. The five-man militia – who represent some of SmackDown’s most popular and decorated combatants – will need to stand united against Alberto Del Rio’s crew of cunning ring warriors, trading blows and tags until each member of the opposition has been successfully dispatched.

Amid several interweaving conflicts across both sides, who will survive and earn their team the decisive victory?

This is a very good thing for the PPV. It allows the WWE to stick to tradition with their classic Survivor Series-type matches. This is also a good way to get your excess superstars on the card, plus a few newcomers such as Del Rio, Reks, and even CHRIS F'IN MASTERS!!!

What's going to happen in this matchup? Thoughts? Discussion? Put it all in here.

Should be a very good match. Everyone in there is solid, and it gives guys like Big Show and Reks who don't really have direction right now but are getting some push a chance to be on the pay-per-view. This also gives Masters, MVP, and McIntyre a chance to show what they've got and impress some guys on a big stage. Either Del Rio's team wins, or Mysterio will be the sole survivor.

I'm really glad they are sticking with tradition and are having an actual Survivor Series match. The guys on each team are actually feuding or have been feuding in the recent past so for the most part it isn't just a bunch of random guys thrown in there. I would have liked to see Dolph Ziggler in over Tyler Reks but other then that I'm fine with the teams. Hopefully they do something like this for RAW with a Daniel Bryan led team against a Ted Dibiase led team.

Just like in the original survivor series. This match is not designed to enhance storylines (although it may be a side effect), push certain guys or break moulds. This match is just a way of fulfilling the two criteria of having the up-and-coming along with the already established get exposure and to have a darn good match. It can't fail in any respects unless the match is porr, and lets be honest, sticking 10 guys in a ring togther is never going to get old. Thanks for making the slightest element of a theme in a PPV evident.

This just screams Team Mysterio victory. Big Show and Rey Mysterio on the same team automatically makes a victory unless it's Triple H, Randy Orton, Undertaker and John Cena that were at least 1 or 2 of on the other team. But wait, they're not. This is "mid-carders" fighting 2 main eventers, 1 mid-carder and lower mid-carders / jobbers.

This match just screams disaster really. It screams obvious results as well. Big Show and Rey Mysterio being the final two to end this match.

It’s about time they announced a traditional match for Survivor Series. I have a few thoughts. First, I agree with Big Sexy. I think Dolph Ziggler should be in this match instead of Tyler Reks. It’s really not a big deal but more of a personal preference. Second, how did Chris Masters end up in this match? I think I’ve seen him once over the past couple months. I’m not one of those guys who think Kaval should be pushed to the moon right away, but I think he would have been a better fit in this match. Onto the match itself.

I think Alberto Del Rio should be the sole survivor of this match. He has been on a roll since debuting and it just seems fitting that he comes out on top here. The great thing about a match like this is it can really make the winner look strong without making the losers look weak. Sheamus and Miz have don pretty well since surviving their match last year and I see Del Rio benefiting the same way. Reks and Big Show can get counted out together and other than that everyone matches up well enough for Del Rio to get the victory.

Why is there only one traditional elimination match? The mid card is very strong right now and they could have easily gotten another one in. I would much rather see Sheamus and Morrison captain opposing teams than go one on one.

Young up and coming heels against established veterans? Team Del Rio SORELY needs the win here.

The only person on Mysterio's with anything to gain by "winning" the match, would be Kofi, and that would be if he scored rapid fire pinfalls on two men like he did on Orton and Punk last year. The rest of the team are established veterans or enhancement talent at this point of their careers.

Del Rio's never won a championship, and he's already a star. He needs that "signature victory" to really cement himself firmly into that upper echelon on Smackdown. Rhodes and McIntyre have been languishing since losing the tag titles, yet could also benefit from surviving. Mcintyre won the IC title last year the PPV after he was a survivor on Miz' team. Rekks hasn't shown me much as of yet, and Swagger has been buried.

Having said that, I dont see a team with Mysterio and Show on it losing here. In order of elimination.

Masters by Swagger via ankle lock submission.
Rekks by Kofi by pinfall after Trouble in Paradise.
MVP by Del Rio via crossarm bar/submission.
Kofi by Rhodes by pinfall following Crossrhodes.
Rhodes by Show by pinfall via chokeslam.
McIntyre by Show by pinfall following a KO punch.
Swagger by Mysterio by pinfall via 619/big splash.
Del Rio via countout to "pick another day" to fight.

Mysterio and Show survive, and this allows the Rey/Del Rio program to continue. This match really does little for me, although Im happy they're having at least one traditional Survivor Series elimination match.

I personally dont care for this match. Its predictible, it has superstars that wont excel farther than the common jobber, plus I really cant stand Mysterio or that JBL wanna be DelRio.
That being said Im not surprised about this match. And the outcome will be either Ray surviving on his own, or winning as a survivor with Show. Unfortunately

On the one hand, I suppose I can see the story of this match, especially in terms of the feud between Mysterio and Del Rio. Besides that, I can see certain other members having scores to settle (Big Show and Swagger, Kingston and McIntyre, etc.) so I guess there could be a bit of story furthering with this match.

On the other hand, the only two with recent feuding have been the team captains. As with many survivor series matches, it's a way to get as many mid-carders into one match as one can so nobody gets left out. At least that's the way I see it. Still, there's a good combination of big and small, power and agility in this match, so on those merits alone it could be good just as a sort of exhibition match.

Good way to get guys like MVP, Masters, Reks and Swagger on a Payperview. I really want team Del Rio to win here, to push him even further as the sole survivor. Maybe even have Swagger at his side as the other sole survivor, the question is though how are they gonna get rid of the "we cant lose dou" Mysterio & Big Show. But look at what happened to the 3 guys that were the sole survivors in last years Team Morrison vs Team Miz match (leaving out the Kofi vs Orton one)
Miz: 2 time US Champion and Money in the bank winner
Sheamus: 2 time WWE Champion
McIntyre: 1 time IC Champion and 1 time Tag Champion.

Imagine if that happened to Del Rio (and maybe Swagger as well) Del Rio could go on to feud with Edge over the title, since i think the SD title picture needs someone new, and not one of the usual guys (Edge, Taker, Kane, Show etc) I cant really see a face stepping up, so it has to be Del Rio, and he can do that with this match.

Other then that i think that Rhodes and McIntyre will eliminate each other somehow

Young up and coming heels against established veterans? Team Del Rio SORELY needs the win here.

The only person on Mysterio's with anything to gain by "winning" the match, would be Kofi, and that would be if he scored rapid fire pinfalls on two men like he did on Orton and Punk last year. The rest of the team are established veterans or enhancement talent at this point of their careers.

Del Rio's never won a championship, and he's already a star. He needs that "signature victory" to really cement himself firmly into that upper echelon on Smackdown. Rhodes and McIntyre have been languishing since losing the tag titles, yet could also benefit from surviving. Mcintyre won the IC title last year the PPV after he was a survivor on Miz' team. Rekks hasn't shown me much as of yet, and Swagger has been buried.

Having said that, I dont see a team with Mysterio and Show on it losing here. In order of elimination.

Masters by Swagger via ankle lock submission.
Rekks by Kofi by pinfall after Trouble in Paradise.
MVP by Del Rio via crossarm bar/submission.
Kofi by Rhodes by pinfall following Crossrhodes.
Rhodes by Show by pinfall via chokeslam.
McIntyre by Show by pinfall following a KO punch.
Swagger by Mysterio by pinfall via 619/big splash.
Del Rio via countout to "pick another day" to fight.

Mysterio and Show survive, and this allows the Rey/Del Rio program to continue. This match really does little for me, although Im happy they're having at least one traditional Survivor Series elimination match.

Mysterio Show and Kofi Survive. Masters goes first, then Rekks and Swagger, then MVP, Drew, and Del Rio.

Honestly I cant see any way that team Del Rio wins unless Show turns on team Mysterio which wont happen. Mysterio is gonna get the final pin on Del Rio after show gives him the knockout punch into the 619

Meh, could actually give a fuck less about anyone in this match except for Tyler Reks. Color me unimpressed with this match, because I could honestly care less about a Survivor Series match on Survivor Series. Why? Because they are always clusterfucks, and also because we've had over a billion fucking 5 man elimination matches in the last 3 months. Obviously though Rey Mastrio and his fucktacular team are going to win this uninspiring event.

I'm happy to see they area going forward and having a traditional elimination match (even if they have been overdone this year). One thing though, wasn't this feud finished a few weeks ago on SD when Rey returned from his "injury" and basically dominated Alberto pinning him clean, why is this still going on? They had little to no interaction over the past few weeks and now WWE realizes "shit we need a Survivor Series match and we have no feuds going, lets just use this recently finished one, no one will notice''.

The match itself should be okay, there is enough talent in there to make it entertaining. I fully expect Rey's team to win although Alberto's team should win. However a team featuring both Rey and Show isn't going to lose to a bunch of mid carders.

The Undertaker’s Dark Side squad in 1995. The Rick Martel-led Visionaries in 1990. The Alliance in 2001. The enduring Survivor Series tradition of Superstar squadrons competing in team-on-team elimination tag confrontations continues in Miami’s American Airlines Arena this Sunday as Team Rey Mysterio clashes with Team Alberto Del Rio.

I took that from what I believed was the WWE quote. Who are they kidding? This survivor series is nothing like the other teams mentioned. With respect to those mentioned above, as well as many other more classic survivor series matchups, there was a reason to care about seeing certain teams defeated. I miss the days where there were month long build ups that finally culminated in a survivor series match. And not just one with "main event" participants but midcarders as well. What it seems like the WWE has here is one token classic style survivor series matchup set up to hopefully placate those who enjoy that type of match. But it seems lazy, slapped together, and no reason whatsoever to care about the majority of the participants or who wins this thing.

On the other hand, if they wanted to put a match together that might get people interested, there are 5 nexus members with nothing to do going into survivor series. I thought leading up to this pay per view that there was going to be a clear nexus vs. wwe survivor series match, at least that would not really need a lot of build up or story going into it. Unless WWE feels that the nexus members are too green to put on a quality survivor series match (which is possible).

Edit: I forgot that the tag team titles were going to be on the line at survivor series (whoop de doo). But I think that putting slater and gabriel in a survivor series match with the other nexus filler members would make for a better match.

I just can't get behind this boring looking "classic" survivor series match. No reason to care about the winner, no build up, just a bunch of faces vs. heels with nothing else to do.

Why should I care about this match? The only two who are feuding in this match are Del Rio and Mysterio. If you want to give Rhodes and McIntyre the title of a feud well so much for that as their on the same team. This match may end up being fun to watch because of the multi man spots that will happen but that's it none of these guys are going to have a big feud with each other because of this match it's ridiculous. If the PPV's didn't happen so often and we got rid of bragging rights. Rey and Alberto could have their own match and We could have the Raw vs Smackdown match here

I do like that this type of match is coming back on Sunday, what with the event's being named Survivor Series and all. It's also probably the best thing to happen for these guys since Smackdown hasn't really bothered to develop any storylines outside of Kane/Edge and (kind of) Rey/Del Rio in the past month. Based on what happens, there can always be some kind of storylines scrapped together by mixing and matching heels and faces from the match. But this is probably as much a vehicle for the Rey/Del Rio feud as anything. I'm also surprised MVP is in this as opposed to an IC rematch with Ziggler considering the way the last match went, but I guess Dolph will do something else this time.

And there's no way a team with Show and Rey loses.

This just screams Team Mysterio victory. Big Show and Rey Mysterio on the same team automatically makes a victory unless it's Triple H, Randy Orton, Undertaker and John Cena that were at least 1 or 2 of on the other team. But wait, they're not. This is "mid-carders" fighting 2 main eventers, 1 mid-carder and lower mid-carders / jobbers.

This match just screams disaster really. It screams obvious results as well. Big Show and Rey Mysterio being the final two to end this match.

This. Especially when you have Dashing Cody Rhodes and Drew on the same team, they are bound to get each other eliminated, or get one another eliminated thus costing team Del Rio the match. Pretty clear what is going to happen here...

So is this the only traditional Survivor Series elimination match on the card? That's a little disappointing. Oh well. I always enjoy these. It's a rather easy call to give Del Rio's team the victory. Why is that? Look at Rey's team. Other than Big Show he has a bunch of nobodies. Del Rio on the other hand has a team full of future stars, other than Tyler Reks. I've got Del Rio's team winning so that the future stars can be put over because Rey and Big Show are already established and the rest of their team sucks.... Well, ok Kofi's good too. Still.... Most of the team isn't that great. The match should be great, as these elimination matches continue to be every single year.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Team Del Rio will defeat Team Mysterio.

I'm glad we're going to have a traditional Survivor Series match. This is Survivor Series, and we need to have at least one Survivor Series elimination match. I'm picking Team Mysterio to win this one. I think Rey and Del Rio will be the final two standing in this match. Mysterio and Del Rio have been featured in one of Smackdown's major feuds, so I wouldn't be surprised if these two battled it out in the end. I'm shocked to see Chris Masters on a pay per view, because he really hasn't been relevant on Smackdown. This should be a fun match, and this a great way to get some of Smackdown's younger guys on a pay per view.

the only thing bad about this match is the build up. or lack there of. i get the del rio v mysterio but some of the ppl in the match just shouldnt be there. when was the last time chrismaster had a worth while match on smackdown, let alone a ppv. thats not a knock towards masters. i thought he pulled off a heel very well. maybe he and ezikiel jackson and skip sheffield should form a big man tagteam. but i digress. this match just has no hype. im very uninterested.

After Smackdown tonight, I think booking 101 would suggest that Team Del Rio would pick up the win after losing tonight and getting a measure of redemption. Regardless though, I'm expecting a decent match. Survivor Series elimination matches usually entertain me. There's also a lot of young up and coming talent and this is a good way for them to showcase their stuff at a major PPV. Anyway, I predict a Del Rio win with Del Rio being one of the final survivors if not the only survivor. Although don't be surprised to see Team Mysterio win with Mysterio being the lone survivor if not him and Big Show surviving.

This one is a tough on to predict I dont know why. I see Alberto Del Rio being the last one standing for his team. Same with Rey Mysterio. I really don’t know who is going to win this one but I’m going to say Team Del Rio just because they have young guys with awesome moves and everyone except Del Rio and Reks have held a championship. Even though Tyler Reks and Del Rio haven’t held championship’s they are very good competitors.

Prediction: Team Alberto will win

Team Alberto Del Rio needs the win right here. Rey and Big Show don't have anything to gain in this win. Alberto's team would gain much more if they won the match over Big Show and Rey Mysterio.

I am go glad the tradition wasn't completely lost. I think some of you maybe right with Mysterio's team winning. But I will be pulling for Del Rio's team. Cody, ADR, McIntyre, Swagger and Reks??? I really like that damn team.

They have some of, if not the main reasons I watch Smackdown on that team.

I think the one aspect that would make this match interesting would be the return of JBL. I personally have grown weary of the Rey Mysterio angle, as it has become too predictable.

Does everyone believe that the McIntyre "push" has ended. It seems that he is beginning to become irrelevant to WWE

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back