WWE Super Show-Down - John Cena & Bobby Lashley VS Elias & Kevin Owens

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wow...you know it's so weird seeing John Cena being put in what's basically just a random house show tag team match. You think about all the big matches, feuds and moments of his career and now he's basically in what amounts to a throwaway tag team match.

Of course, Cena & Lashley will pick up the win and will do so, quite possibly, in a way that makes Elias and Owens look like chumps. WWE's been doing that with both Elias and Owens for a while, which is damned unfortunate, especially where Owens is concerned.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong and maybe this'll lead to some sort of hoss feud between Cena and Lashley; God knows Lashley needs something as, for the most part, he's just aimlessly wandering around the mid and upper mid-card scenes with no purpose whatsoever.

I'm guessing that change this to protect cena from getting injured since He's doing a lot more movies then wrestling these days and with the Bumblebee promotional tour coming up, cena can't take a chance of being injured and missing the promo tour. So putting him in a tag match makes sense. Lashley will properly do the majority of the match, make the hot tag to cena, cena does all his spots and wins the match for the baby face team.

Well, I was looking forward to Cena vs Owens considering their matches a few years ago were awesome. I don't have a reason to care now, Cena and Lashley have this in the bag.

Ultimately, I think this match is little more than a light duty way to get Cena on the card for Super Show-down. The promotion will be nil, other than to emphasize the fact that Cena will be appearing live. I see the match itself containing a lot of gesturing and probably some shenanigans, but most of the heavy lifting (if really any) will be done by Lashley, Owens, and Elias respectively.

What did Kevin do to piss off Vince so much? This is a drastic free fall.

That's a good question. I guess he doesn't want to lose weight, which would be a stupid reason considering how much he's put his body through since coming up to the main roster. He needs a face turn, because they have completely butchered his heel persona.

Yeah, this is a strange one. Cena vs Owens was a really good match to have on the card. Both guys know each other very well and have excellent matches throughout the years. Hell, Cena is one of the main reasons that Owens has been so successful on the main roster. Without those matches and the US Open Challenge, who knows what would have happened with Owens.

This match now screams "House show". Put 4 random dudes together and just see what happens - no rhyme of reason in any of the decision making. Really disappointed that this match has gone this way but there must he a reason for it. As many have pointed out, it's likely to protect Cena through his other work. Honestly though, I'd rather not see him at all than a half hearted attempt to keep him on the card.

That's a good question. I guess he doesn't want to lose weight, which would be a stupid reason considering how much he's put his body through since coming up to the main roster. He needs a face turn, because they have completely butchered his heel persona.

Ironically I think it all started when he won the Universal Championship. He was booked as such a cowardly champion. I can live with that, but he never even had a single clean title defense. He debuted as a cocky guy who wasn't afraid to fight. He went from Fight Owens Fight to Run Owens Run.

This is simply to get Cena on the card and have him do as little as possible, nothing more & nothing less.

As big as they want this event to be Cena needs to be in the ring but with him moving more & more into acting I'm sure studios and whatnot are cringing at the thought of something happening.

Do the other 3 (especially Owens) deserve more? Absolutely but at least they're on the card.

It just is what Cena is these days. Can't fault the man for going Hollywood. He is past 40 and his body has taken a beating for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back