WWE Battleground 2015: WWE United States Championship - John Cena (c) VS Kevin Owens

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
We all know the story: Owens challenged Cena last week on Raw, Cena accepted last night, so Cena vs. Owens III will be for the United States Championship.

If WWE goes with the usual pattern, Cena will probably retain against Owens. However, the fact that Owens beat Cena clean in their first match at Elimination Chamber was an alteration of the formula from the very beginning. If there's anyone who'll benefit from taking the title from Cena, it's Owens as the guy's pretty damn hot right now.

While this is a little fantasy booking on my part, part of me hopes that the both of them wind up getting disqualified, due to the match breaking down into a wild brawl, and it takes about half the locker room 10 minutes to finally separate them. As a result of nothing being settled, Cena vs. Owens IV happens at SummerSlam POSSIBLY with both the NXT & US titles being on the line either in Hell in a Cell or an Iron Man match. Unlikely to happen, though I think it'd be a pretty strong draw for what's billed as the 2nd biggest show of the year in WWE.

They have 2 options for their booking of this match in my opinion

1. A Clean Owens win and then he moves on to a new challenge

2. A Double DQ or Countout at Battleground followed by the option above at Summerslam in a Gimmick match where DQ's and Countout's aren't a factor

Ps
I would kind of like to see Cena win clean just to see the Internet Rage

WWE sure know how to run something. I don't care how good the previous matches were or how good this one will surely be, I have no desire to see it three shows straight.

I'm guessing Owens wins and Cena can move away from his mid-card feud.

Folliwing Cena's title feuds for 6 years, this could go in either of the following two ways:
a) Cena beats Owens, making it 2-1 and end the feud
b) Owens beats Cena and then Cena gets a "Last Chance" rematch or something like that at Summerslam, which again he wins. Something like Orton vs Cena from 2009.
Anything else happening will be really groundbreaking.

I'm going with option b. This is John Cena people. And even if Owens beats Cena at Battleground, winning that feud means he has to beat him twice in a row (Cena's rematch). No. That won't happen. Option b is the best for me. The feud ends in 2-2, Owens gets a big rub moving forward, Cena still keeps the belt.

I like Cena as the US Champion. It feels fresh. I want to see more feuds with US Cham John Cena. Owens is Cena's second feud. Let it last, because it's good. Cena's doing tremendous work for the belt. Let him have it and give him a long run. It'd be a huge win for the title.

Let's not forget that Cena's still the #1 guy. The man. Loosing a feud to Owens hurts Cena's credibility. But, a 2-2 scenario is perfect to end this, at Summerslam.

It"ll Definetly end in a Double Count Out, i have no doubt in my mind, and T Summer Slam Owens wins the title from Cena After loosing his NXT title to Finn Balor in Japan.

i kinda expect some sort of screwy finish. itll ultimately lead to owens becoming us champ at summerslam and moving on to his next feud and a solid run as us champ

I think Battleground ends in a DQ they fight again at Summerslam and Kevin wins the United States Title. Kevin goes on a long run with the title and John goes back into the World title picture.

I think Battleground ends in a DQ they fight again at Summerslam and Kevin wins the United States Title. Kevin goes on a long run with the title and John goes back into the World title picture.

I could see it. Battleground always have weird finishes, count outs, etc. It should be a good match though.

Cena vs Owens 1 = Match of the year .

Cena vs Owens 2 = Holy crap, nevermind... this was Match of the year .

Cena vs Owens. 3 = Fully expect more of the same. I'd like to see this be the final one, just as epic as the previous two but Owens takes the title and both move on to different feuds before Summerslam.

They had two extremely good matches at Elimination Chamber and Money in the Bank. I expect more of the same except this doesn't have a winner (Double DQ, Double countout, etc.) Then Owens wins the US Championship in their fourth and final match at SummerSlam. After that, Owens feuds with Orton, and Cena goes into the main event scene to break Ric Flair's world title record.

i dont think owens takes the strap till summerslam, but wouldnt mind seeing him n cesaro feud. they had a great match on smackdown not too long ago, and owens did attack cesaro during his match with cena

All signs point to Owens winning this especially after losing his NXT title to Balor a few days ago. My gut tells me that this is finishing at Summerslam though. Not really complaining, the matches between Cena and Owens have been fantastic, but did Cena really need to pin him clean? Why not have screwy finishes and have someone for Cena to come back to later on? Cena has feuded with and beaten practically everyone so there's literally no stories for him anymore. Owens could have beaten him once or twice and they have a huge showdown later on again. Such is life in WWE though.

This will more than likely lead to a countout or DQ so they can stretch this one more match and so Cena doesn't have to get beaten back to back. I would have Owens take the title though whether it be here or Summerslam and be done with Cena.

Because there's no heat in the long term if Cena isn't winning 50% of the time clean. That goes for any wrestler. No matter the feud, there has to be a relatively even number of clean wins in order for the feud to actually be real.

Don't think this'll be a screwy finish with a set-up for a rematch. That's how I think the Brock match will play out.

Owens wins clean, I think

I could see Owens winning the title, but some how I don't think it will be clean and probably shouldn't be. A win over Cena and taking the title would be huge for Owens, but you don't want to discredit Cena too much. I think a non-clean win for Owens would be best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back