• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE SummerSlam - John Cena VS Baron Corbin

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Daniel Bryan made this bout official last night on SmackDown Live. If reports are true that Cena will be heading to Raw exclusively following SummerSlam, it seems academic that he'll go over Baron Corbin. Having Corbin lose only to successfully cash in his MITB briefcase later on in the night fits with the pattern as to how such things have often played out.

Corbin needs all the help he can get. Wouldn't it be a pleasant surprise if he gets a clean victory.

Anyway, Cena gives him nothing in a lackluster match that should be on the kick off show.

Won't be a show stealer which you don't often say when it comes to a John Cena match but unfortunately that seems to be the case here. Baron Corbin is just so uninteresting to me and I loathe having to sit through Jinder Mahal's title run only to be thrust into Corbins. Cena isn't losing again after losing clean to Nakamura last week. Plus everyone and their mother is betting Corbin cashes in on the WWE Championship match later in the night. It's natural for WWE to have Money in the Bank winners look as weak as possible right before then to make it a "surprise".

Is it possible they can break from tradition and book the MITB winner strong before cashing in? I'm not a fan of the guy, but I never understood why they have the contract holder go on a losing streak before cashing in. Makes zero sense to me. Also, I wouldn't have him cash in at SummerSlam. Too predictable with that being the venue of several cash-ins in recent years, everyone would be expecting it. If anything, it might be the right time for Carmella to cash in. Too soon for Corbin though.

This match is early in the night, Cena wins cleans in eight minutes and that is supposed to make us forget about Corbin long enough for his cash in after Nakamura beats Mahal to be a surprise.

I don't want to see the traditional Corbin loses early, becomes champion then.

Let it play out like this: Corbin doesn't care about John Cena. That's the deal here. He has the contract, so he doesn't care if he wins or loses. So Corbin gets in the ring and turns the match into a war by using weapons. Corbin loses the match via DQ, but at the end takes out Cena with a chair and beats him up. Because that's who Baron Corbin is.

After the Nakamura vs Mahal match, regardless of the finish, Corbin goes to cash-in, only for a revengeful Cena to come out and stop Corbin. Cena and Shinsuke celebrate, only for Cena to issue a warning to Nak: he's coming for #17.

Shame because that is exactly what you are getting. They see Corbin as poor version of heel Rollins. He would lose to Cena but at the end of the night cash in on probably Nakamura. Then Cena or/and Nakamura and maybe Mahal(probably no, they would give him some other feud) would try to win it back but he would resort to heel tactics and retain until maybe Rumble when AJ(calling it now) would win it clean from him. Basic WWE booking logic 101.

First of all i don'T see Corbin cahhing in the briefcase at summerslam mostly because the WWE championship isn't the main event of the show plus their a pretty good chance that Carmella will cash in her briefcase at summerslam so they won'T do 2 cash in at the same event.

Secondly this is a good way for corbin to get himself over, i'm actually starting to really like him as a heel, he might not be the best as far as work rate goes but he's starting to get comfortable in playing a heel which is a plus. Personally i couldn't care less about how great a match is workrate wise, i'm not like Dave Meltzer and those that thing that workrate is everything. If these 2 can have a solid brawl type match that help both guys and make Corbin look like a strong heel even in defeat then i'm all for it.

Win or lose, this is probably the biggest match of Corbin's career up to this point, he need to prove that he belong in the main event picture and Cena will take care of him, so it's on him to do his part and show why they have confidence in him as far as becoming the WWE champion in the near future.

Shame because that is exactly what you are getting. They see Corbin as poor version of heel Rollins. He would lose to Cena but at the end of the night cash in on probably Nakamura. Then Cena or/and Nakamura and maybe Mahal(probably no, they would give him some other feud) would try to win it back but he would resort to heel tactics and retain until maybe Rumble when AJ(calling it now) would win it clean from him. Basic WWE booking logic 101.

I don't think Corbin will last long as champion. I don't why, he just doesn't seem like the right guy right now.

Let it play out like this: Corbin doesn't care about John Cena. That's the deal here. He has the contract, so he doesn't care if he wins or loses. So Corbin gets in the ring and turns the match into a war by using weapons. Corbin loses the match via DQ, but at the end takes out Cena with a chair and beats him up. Because that's who Baron Corbin is.

After the Nakamura vs Mahal match, regardless of the finish, Corbin goes to cash-in, only for a revengeful Cena to come out and stop Corbin. Cena and Shinsuke celebrate, only for Cena to issue a warning to Nak: he's coming for #17.
I really like the scenario you posted. It helps out Baron Corbin to gain some heel heat while protecting him and Cena at the same moment.

I don't think Corbin will last long as champion. I don't why, he just doesn't seem like the right guy right now.
The current champion isn't the right guy either. As has his stale stint with the title proved. At least, Baron Corbin has some potential. A lot more than the current champion.

About the match, I can't see John Cena losing clean whatsoever. He might lose via some shenanigans but I'm not sure since MITB winner loses a lot traditionally. So, John Cena wins in about 12-13 minutes.

Dude, in Smackdown "land for jobbers opportunity" you have Jinder Mahal as main Champion and main women feud in Naomi vs Natalya and Carmella as future Champion. I wouldnt rule out that Corbin lasts until Wrestlemania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back