WWE Backlash - Sami Zayn VS Baron Corbin

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
This undercard match was made official last night just before Corbin attacked Sami Zayn from behind while he was conducting a backstage interview.

Is it a match to care about? Not really, but it'll still be an entertaining 10 minutes or so. As to who wins, I would've said Baron Corbin but I'm not so sure after last night as he lost clean to Randy Orton. Not that losing clean to Orton hurts anybody, it's just that I expected Sami to interfere in the match at some point to get a little revenge on Corbin and because I figured WWE would want to protect Corbin considering the reports on how high they are on him. Of course, when you think about it, having Corbin lose a number of matches just before competing in MITB, which he almost certainly will be, fits with the formula that they've used with a number of past winners. Corbin's not an underdog and if Vince wants to go with this strategy for him heading towards MITB, I have no idea as to why.

It'd be nice to see Sami get a win, I think he needs it more than Corbin at this point and if Corbin is to be the next Mr. MITB, then losing to Sami here won't hurt him.

If Corbin is to win the Money In The Bank briefcase this year, it stands to reason he'll be losing every match until then. Such is how WWE typically book these left field victories.

Baron Corbin should've been protected in that match against Randy Orton if you really want him as a credible title challenger. You could've added Jinder Mahal's interference to protect him.

As for the match, it really depends on whom you have big plans for. If Baron Corbin is going to win Money In The Bank briefcase, then give him the win. I'm predicting a win for Baron Corbin after he lost to Randy Orton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back