• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE: summerslam 2008 vs summerslam 2009

Paralyzer Z

Fuck honor
Very similar to my year vs year comparison this is an event vs event comparison

Summerslam 2008 vs summerslam 2009

2008 all the way here in my opinion. Jeff hardy vs cm punk is the most overrated TLC matches ever on the 2009 side. However, Edge vs undertaker is one of the best matches in summerslam history. Cena vs Batista was better than cena vs orton as well.

Which summerslam was better? why?

I honestly think you have it swtiched my man. Edge/Taker was one of the more overrated Hell in a Cell Matches ever while Hardy/Punk was an epic match that would look a lot better in hindsight if Hardy was still in the company because he'd still be a top face if he was. Although I agree Cena/Batista was better than Cena/Batista, any pay-per-view that puts The Great Khali in a World Title Match can not be better than a pay-per-view that doesn't. In 2008, the IC champ was Kofi and he lost it when Beth pinned Mickie in 5 mins in an intergender tag match. How much worse is that than Mysterio outlasting Ziggler in a grueling, hard fought 12 min+ battle for the IC title? The Tag titles weren't even defended in 2008 but in 2009 they were defended by JeriShow when they took on Cryme Tyme, who was extremely over at the time. The best part about 2009 was that their tag title match wasn't even their most important tag match, DX finally reunited after 3 years and a "retirement" from HBK to narrowly beat The Legacy in what became a pretty memorable feud.

Matt Hardy vs. Henry for the ECW title or Christian vs. Regal? My vote goes to Chrstian/Regal. 2009 was far better than 2008 in my opinion due to all those reasons. Every title meant much more in 2009 than they did in 2008, which is why each title match was given more time and had decent challengers instead of JBL and Khali.

2008 and that's even without Edge/Taker which I wasn't a fan of. I don't even rank Punk/Hardy in the top 10 Summerslam matches. MVP/Hardy was a solid opener. I loved the clash of styles in the WHC match. HHH/Khali was solid as it revolved around Trips trying to hit his one move and it worked. Also, Cena/Batista was awesome.

Summerslam 2009 was the better event. Although 2008's show featured one of the best matches in Summerslam history in Edge and Taker's Hell in a Cell match, the rest of the card is not nearly as good. Cena and Batista's feud in 2010 saw three more matches and each puts their Summerslam 2008 match to shame. Trips VS Khali was a waste of time. Punk defending against JBL? No thanks. Summerslam 2009 on the other hand saw greatness in Cena VS Orton, DX returning, JeriShow's retention, and of course Hardy VS Punk in a main event nearly as good as Edge VS Taker from the year before. 2008 had the best match between the two, but 2009 is the better show overall because it had a more impressive card that delivered a more enjoyable show alltogether in the end. Both shows were awesome though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back