WWE SmackDown LIVE: All Dates

That N Word

Actively evolving
Sad that it's come to this, but with everyone moving over to "the other site," it's kind of pointless to make separate LD's any longer.

856189ad2a59922623e93396996fb46d.jpg

Awh better. Can't deal with them nails on chalkboard voice having bitches ������

Review it up!
WWE SmackDown: Memphis, Tennessee
Tuesday, June 12th, 2018

Opening segment had a lot of cringe, Becky Lynch did her role solid. I actually turned off, not joking because of the atrocity of the Iconics, tuned back in and loved Becky mocking them and how it lead to a brawl. What I didn't like was the same rinse and repeat set up for a multi-person tag match that the company has become reliant on. Bryan and Benjamin was decent, seemed like they were holding back though. Jeff Hardy was surely in pain, retirement may not be far off for the WWE legend. The return of the Special Guest Referee stipulation was an interesting one, but kind of an odd booking decision to put Rusev over Joe. However, I get Rusev needed another big win, and Joe was protected so it was all good. I love that they're keeping the backdrop idea, but they literally overhyped the segment, just to rush it. This all felt forced, as has every AJ Styles promo recently, which is shocking to me. Jerry seemed nervous to me. Last week's show and the week priors were definitely superior for the SmackDown brand. Anyone else miss Shane yet?

Review it up!
WWE SmackDown LIVE
Tuesday, July 4th, 2018

Late but, here's my take on the entire show:
WWE Smackdown Live Results:

– Renee Young welcomed Team Hell No out for their official reunion. Kane said he’s always had Daniel Bryan’s back. Bryan said he hasn’t, pointing back to Kane attempting to end his career and trying to kidnap his wife. The Usos interrupted Team Hell No arguing in the ring and said they don’t deserve a tag team title match. Paige made a match for later in the night, with the stipulation if Jimmy and Jay beat Team Hell No, they’ll be added to the tag team title match at Extreme Rules, making it a triple-threat match.

This was a pretty solid segment, I like that The Usos' aren't your typical cookie cutter butt buddy babyfaces. Team HELL NO started to address their previous history, instead of acting like none of it ever happened. The two did had a nostalgia argument moment, Usos brought up a legitimate question, Paige botched the name "SmackDown."

Grade: A-

1. Independence Day United States Open Challenge: Jeff Hardy defeated Miz. Hardy hit the Twist of Fate then the Swanton Bomb for the pinfall.
These two WWE legends deliver a solid title match, Hardy dons USA face paint. Jeff Hardy is wrestling on borrowed time and it's showing. Despite of which, this was a pretty solid match. Don't know why I was legit surprised to see Miz get pinned clean, it feels as if it has become rare.

Grade: B+
– New Day Third of July Pancake Eating Contest: Big E, Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston began a pancake eating contest when they were attacked by SAnitY. They took out Big E and Kingston before putting Woods through a table.

Can Byron Saxton just either be a ring announcer, or the guy that turns New Day into serious "Woke" (not Matt Hardy woke, Black folk woke) heels? Dude was the most enjoyable that he's ever been in his role. He was 10x better as a ring announcer with minimum effort than the Greg Hamilton, and than his own role as a commentator. I like the way he sold the blackout as well. Enjoyable entertainment segment for once. This worked perfectly. It ended perfectly, went from entertainment to "Uhh Oh!" sANitY finally did one of the purges that they alluded to in their vignettes. Made us totally forget about their loss last week. Best booking decision is to book them over New Day, and then eventually having them dethrone either Team HELL NO or the Bludgeon Brothers at SummerSlam.

Grade: A
2. Asuka vs. James Ellsworth ends in a double countout. Asuka beat down Ellsworth before he jumped the guardrail to escape. Asuka chased him through the crowd and both were counted out. They made it back to ringside, where Carmella took out Asuka before she posed with the Smackdown Women’s Championship.

Don't know what was the point of this? Should have had Asuka destroy Ellsworth, so she has a clear path to Carmella at Extreme Rules.

Grade D

– Jeff Hardy vs. Shinsuke Nakamura for the United States title was announced for Extreme Rules.

3. WWE Champion AJ Styles defeated Aiden English. Styles submitted English with the calf crusher. Rusev attacked Styles after the match, putting him in the Accolade.

Did what it needed to do to establish Rusev as focused and determined of the WWE Championship, as well as making him a dangerous force that could realistically dethrone the champion.

Grade: B

– Paige announced a Lumberjack Match for next week with every woman from the locker room surrounding the ring in a rematch between Asuka and James Ellsworth.

4. Becky Lynch defeated Peyton Royce. Lynch submitted Royce with the Dis-Arm-Her

Didn't watch, The IIconics are legitimately unbearable. Their mic work literally hurts my ears, not even trying to be funny. I literally have to turn the channel because my ears starts hurting.

5. Team Hell No defeated The Usos. Kane hit a chokeslam on Jey Uso for the pinfall, keeping the Usos out of their tag team title match at Extreme Rules. The Bludgeon Brothers posed on the entrance ramp as the show went off the air.

Pretty good match, grade was hurt by the fact that Kane was rusty asf in there.

Grade: B-

Quotes courtesy of Uproxx.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back