• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brock Lesnar's Response to Triple H on Raw next week & his dates

TheAllStarBlogger

Occasional Pre-Show
As you all most likely know that Brock Lesnar is giving a response to Triple H's challenge for the two to fight at Summerslam next week on Raw. The big question is, will Lesnar actually be at Raw or will he just do it via Satellite?

We all know Lesnar has slightly improved on the mic, with the help of Paul Heyman of course, which is a good thing, but can Brock really make a huge impact via Satellite, due to his lack of skill on the mic? When Lesnar makes an appearance on WWE programming he already makes a huge impact by just showing up, now I think WWE should have Lesnar show up on Raw next week simply due to the fact that he's missed 2 straight months of television, which is a bad thing. Everyone knows Lesnar will eventually accept Triple H's challenge & it's usually good to hold things like this off until the perfect timing, because if Lesnar we're to accept now, there would be too much time to fill to build this feud up & we all know Lesnar is on a 30-35 date contract. Triple H & Paul Heyman segments can't go on for most of the weeks leading up to Summerslam, because it would just become stale & everyone would get tired of it.

Now let's see how we could work out this is out without wasting Lesnar's limited dates.
Lesnar has already wasted five,now we only have 30 left. They can simply go with this system so they don't piss away his dates.

5-Extreme Rules & the build-up(as we all know)

6-Summerslam & the build-up

6-Survivor Series & the build-up

6-Royal Rumble & the build-up

7-Wrestlemania & the build-up

That would all round up to 30 dates total,which is a great use of his dates & contract.

What do you think,is this a good way to use Lesnar properly?

I'm really losing interest in Brock i know they only have limited dates for him but he has been of TV for too long and the same will happen again after Summerslam, i really feel like they have dropped the ball with him, they could have had him every other week and Heyman there for the weeks Brock couldn't be or even via sat with Heyman doing the promo and Brock just there for his presence, i marked out big time when he returned but now i couldn't give a crap.

I'm really losing interest in Brock i know they only have limited dates for him but he has been of TV for too long and the same will happen again after Summerslam, i really feel like they have dropped the ball with him, they could have had him every other week and Heyman there for the weeks Brock couldn't be or even via sat with Heyman doing the promo and Brock just there for his presence, i marked out big time when he returned but now i couldn't give a crap.

I'm quickly finding myself in this camp, as well. Not necessarily because it's Lesnar, just because of the time off TV. Any time there's a character that's extremely part-time, I really don't care about their storyline. What's the point? Especially with Lesnar, who is not only part time, but you know he's gone in less than a year?

This is also a major reason why I have zero interest in seeing JBL as a "permanent" GM, because he's said himself he's not coming back full time, so forget it. Either do it completely or I don't care.

So, yeah, if Lesnar has/had 30 dates, every other week would've been perfect...or whatever combination of 2 weeks each month (1st and 4th instead of 1st and 3rd, you get the idea). Then at least he stays in our heads, and you can get the surprise of "which week will he show up and what will he do?"

Now we get "a response" from him next week...which means we probably won't actually "hear" or "see" Brock himself...again.

I'm quickly finding myself in this camp, as well. Not necessarily because it's Lesnar, just because of the time off TV. Any time there's a character that's extremely part-time, I really don't care about their storyline. What's the point? Especially with Lesnar, who is not only part time, but you know he's gone in less than a year?

This is also a major reason why I have zero interest in seeing JBL as a "permanent" GM, because he's said himself he's not coming back full time, so forget it. Either do it completely or I don't care.

So, yeah, if Lesnar has/had 30 dates, every other week would've been perfect...or whatever combination of 2 weeks each month (1st and 4th instead of 1st and 3rd, you get the idea). Then at least he stays in our heads, and you can get the surprise of "which week will he show up and what will he do?"

Now we get "a response" from him next week...which means we probably won't actually "hear" or "see" Brock himself...again.

Totally agree here too. They dropped the ball hard with Lesnar. He comes in and loses to Cena, which does good how? Kids will still love him if he loses. The adult audience would have gotten a kick out of Lesnar tearing Cenas head off and then "quitting". I think him losing just totally blew off all the steam they built.

I wish I was a WWE writer, but I'm not!

I know they were trying to build on Wrestle Mania momentum as well as pump the buyrates for Extreme Rules, but I cant help but feel like they wasted Lesnar on a "B" rate PPV. They should have waited until later in the spring/summer - 1000th RAW perhaps? Or a show like this month's MITB if they didn't want him to be overshadowed by the rest of the dog-and-pony show at 1000th RAW. Then they could have focused on him being there for the 2 big PPVS - Summer Slam and Wrestle Mania 29. Instead, we have this dragged out ordeal which people are losing interest in quickly.

Other blame though can be placed on (1) Lesnar losing to Cena right away and (2) the fact that Triple H is a part-timer also

They should've made a better deal bringing Lesnar back to WWE. He would've made a bigger impact if he were used more often on television. People have effectively lost interest in anything Lesnar because of how sparingingly he has been used. Besides, most everyone already knows that HHH will win against Lesnar @ Summerslam. Effectively making him a big name jobber for big events. Which is a gross misuse of Brock's potential in WWE. He could be having great matches with guys like Punk,Jericho, Swagger, and even a big match that's already kinda been built with The Undertaker[though it's already been done before].

Agree with all of the above - not really digging the Lesnar storylines. When his music hits, I expect to see Heyman. So we get this match with HHH at SummerSlam, woohoo whatever. Then what? He leaves again? Who does he feud with post-HHH? The whole thing has become confusing and a general waste of airtime. You know Vince will get every single contracted performance out of Lesnar. It will get to the point he'll be on Raw AND Smackdown leading the WrestleMania. By then Lesnar won't have enough matches under his belt to be the "dominant monster heel" we all expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back