• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Signs PAC

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
- WWE has signed PAC, who has been working for both Dragon Gate and DGUSA here in the States. He is a high flyer for those unfamiliar with him and is billed as the "Man that Gravity Forgot."

Credit: PWInsider via 411mania

This is fantastic news, perhaps that cruiserweight idea might actually return to the WWE after all? Either way it's going to be awesome to see PAC in a WWE ring. Where's Lee to mark out with me?

OMG I am actually marking out a bit for this,

PAC is a fantastic talent, and it will be great to see another Englishman in the WWE, I believe he is from Newcastle?

I got to see him live at an Indie show in Liverpool a few years ago, I was on the front row when he hit a corkscrew moonsault from the turnbuckle down onto the concrete in a match against Trent Acid (R.I.P). If I remember rightly, PAC was quite badly split open during that match but went on to win.

If WWE can also sign Alex Shelley and Amazing Red, add them to the Cruiserweights they already have like Bourne, Mysterio and Sin Cara, this Cruiserweight Division could be fantastic

What? No way?! WWE better use him right then. Maybe the CW Division really is coming back, good move here by WWE. For those that don't know him, I would search PAC vs. Ricochet on YouTube to see some awesome matches.

I checked out some of his stuff on YouTube and holy shit can the guy fly. Wwe should just get rid of The United States Championship by unifying it with The Intercontinental Championship and just replace it with The Cruiserweight Title, it would really do wonders for a lot of the smaller talents.

This is fantastic news, perhaps that cruiserweight idea might actually return to the WWE after all? Either way it's going to be awesome to see PAC in a WWE ring. Where's Lee to mark out with me?

Fucking yes, I'm chuffed if this report is true. Seriously over the moon, whilst I think he'd be better suited to TNA than WWE, you can't knock a WWE contract.

OMG I am actually marking out a bit for this,

PAC is a fantastic talent, and it will be great to see another Englishman in the WWE, I believe he is from Newcastle?

Yup he is.

I'm told he put on weight in the past few years. You know, in a good way.

Yeah I saw him in town last week and he's fucking ripped now.

So, can someone tell me more about this PAC fellow? I gather from his nickname that he can do awesome flips (and if he wanted to put Dolph Ziggler's bumps to regular moves to shame), but beyond that what does he have? Does he have two brain cells to rub together, or is he another Seth Rollins type performer - an indietastic spotmonkey with an internet following

Fair enough Lee, if he's as anywhere close to being as good as you claim I don't blame you for being biased. It's not like many good things come out of Newcastle :p Can anyone else tell me what makes the guy so good? The Newcastle comment was a joke. Please don't hurt me!

Well on the plus side, it probably won't take too much time for him to relocate to Florida since he's already got the OK to work in America.

Reactions: Lee
I saw that there were rumors of him leaving Japan, but I had no idea he was going to go to the WWE. All I have to say is YES YES YES!!!!

wwe also offered Sara Del Ray and Matt Taven wwe contracts. So far wwe is getting fillied with indy guys.

I don't buy Del Rey. I think the dirt sheets are running with the fact that she was seen in the crowd for the final FCW TV shows.

Well I got that from pwinsider now i'm not saying you have to believe it. I'm just telling you where I got it from.

Yes, but the fact that they've only "found out" about her tryout about six weeks after she was at the FCW facility is suspect to me.

Watching a match involving him now. Liking what I'm seeing, great athleticism. It's a Puro match, though, and psychology is usually not required in those so I'll reserve my final judgements when I see him go at the slower paced American styles.

I don't buy Del Rey. I think the dirt sheets are running with the fact that she was seen in the crowd for the final FCW TV shows.

Several independent talents who work with her confirmed it on Twitter, they said it was coming for awhile. She may have booked dates to work yet, but she signed.

What? No way?! WWE better use him right then. Maybe the CW Division really is coming back, good move here by WWE. For those that don't know him, I would search PAC vs. Ricochet on YouTube to see some awesome matches.

Listen to this guy, the series of matches PAC and Ricochet have had in Dragon Gate in Japan are simply remarkable and as hard as it is to believe in this day and age of 10,000 flips and flops, it basically blows any high-flying match or feud I've seen in many years out of the water with the shit these guys do. Like I watch a ton of crazy, highly athletic wrestling from all over the globe and even my jaw was always wide open during matches between those two.

Is Pac going to be able to wrestle like Pac in WWE? I doubt it.

Who knows Jakey. As long as he can perform the moves safely I feel like the WWE won't limit him that much. They'll probably let him do the 630 (has that been introduced in a WWE ring yet?) as his finisher and maybe tell him to cut back on the shooting star sentons and other over the top shit a bit.

I'm told he put on weight in the past few years. You know, in a good way.

Yes, he's ripped now.

He is fucking ripped now.

What this guy said.

So, can someone tell me more about this PAC fellow? I gather from his nickname that he can do awesome flips (and if he wanted to put Dolph Ziggler's bumps to regular moves to shame), but beyond that what does he have? Does he have two brain cells to rub together, or is he another Seth Rollins type performer - an indietastic spotmonkey with an internet following

He's nothing like Seth Rollins as a worker I can tell you that, far more athletic and works the evolved Dragon Gate lucharesu/strong style. He has great mannerisms and psychology though and is just an all around great talent who it really was shocking to see go unsigned by the WWE or TNA for this long.

I really think you'll dig him man. His style is wild but he does it well and safe and there really aren't many guys like him, much like how unique Matt Sydal/Evan Bourne was when he first burst onto the scene.

And the Sara Del Rey news has me tickled pink. Like, the good news just keeps coming. It really is a new day and age in wrestling when the big companies are actively trying to sign the best indy talent again, because they stopped doing that for many years.

He's nothing like Seth Rollins as a worker I can tell you that, far more athletic and works the evolved Dragon Gate lucharesu/strong style. He has great mannerisms and psychology though and is just an all around great talent who it really was shocking to see go unsigned by the WWE or TNA for this long.

I really think you'll dig him man. His style is wild but he does it well and safe and there really aren't many guys like him, much like how unique Matt Sydal/Evan Bourne was when he first burst onto the scene.

And the Sara Del Rey news has me tickled pink. Like, the good news just keeps coming. It really is a new day and age in wrestling when the big companies are actively trying to sign the best indy talent again, because they stopped doing that for many years.

You had me at 'he's nothing like Seth Rollins as a worker.' I hope to see him on NXT fairly soon then (damn the loss of FCW TV). Looking at his indie finisher list, it's tough to pick out a move that could make a good finisher. Not because he's got so many, but because you've got the keep a balance between the guys with flip finishers and prevent escalation. Essentially, if he does a 630 senton is a lot more visually impressive than a SSP or 450 splash, making Bourne and Gabriel look worse because of that. They'd also do well to prevent the president that doing a less impressive flip won't finish the match. There's a fine balance that has to be maintained. I'll put my money on his finish being a Phoenix Splash or SSP variant.

Oh, on the day that (the indies) keeps on giving, Matt Taven (whoever the hell he is) is in the process of getting hired.

I was actually quite impressed by that one TV match Matt Taven had with Tommaso Ciampa on ROH, and thought at the time it was the absolute best example of an extended squash match that still actually made me believe the jobber had a chance of winning that I'd ever seen. Taven bumped really well and did a great job in that match. I'm unfamiliar with him entirely outside of that, but that one match with Ciampa kicked ass and made Ciampa look incredible at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back