• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE should try a new concept- Online House Shows

LegendKiller716

I Had Sex With The
WWE is always trying to get more trafficing through WWE.com, so do you think it would be a good idea to post videos of house shows on their website. Obviously it wouldn't be the same production quality of Raw,SD, or ECW, but i think it could be a good idea because it can showcase the in-ring ability of superstars.

I dont think it will hurt ticket sales at all because the only reason you go to a house show is to see live action.

Also if WWE wants to get stingy they can charge like a 5-10 dollar per month subscription fee.

So does anyone else think this could be a good idea?

In too think that would be a great idea because it would also be a good way to start showing off some of the younger talent. I think it would be cool to see some of Raw and Smackdowns "Dark" matches online as well because some of them do turn out to be great matches such as the dark match between Mysterio and Batista on the last SD!

great idea imo... im in the UK and dont have bravo, virgin1 or sky sports i read the wrestlezone reviews for every show (iMPACT, RAW, SmackDown, ECW + PPVs) and have to watch streams (but RAW starts here at 2am) or youtube playlists to find out wtf is going on... WWE house shows online (or TNA for that matter... even tho PWinsider is saying Hogans gonna ax them for a bit) would mean that for countless fans like me we can get our weekly fix of wrestling. can be really hard to watch matches and even tho house shows arent as high budget as the live shows or tapings it would mean we got to watch the entertainment we stick by...

I think it would be a pretty good idea, especially if the house shows feature new talent, but I would much rather have the dark matches be seen on WWE.com much like TNA has their webmatches. I've heard that dark match main events can be very exciting so I would love to check out those matches as well. This could also definitely help get a new star popular. Like what if they taped Bryan Danielson's match against Chavo? People would see that and could get some idea of who he is before he officially joins the WWE roster.

the brilliant part about your idea is if they do this wwe can have titles begin to change at house shows...i am not sure though if it would be expensive, though they would have to put some production quality into it to get ppl to watch, but if titles have the potential to change hands at house shows, more ppl will go and ppl will watch online.

It could work, but many kids who order it might get the wrong idea and think the production value is like WWE Raw, Smackdown or ECW. Man, would they be in for a surprise. It could possibly make them view the main shows differently and I don't think the WWE would care for that much.

I was just thinking outside the box in terms of how it "might" be a bad idea. Personally, I for one love the idea of being able to view a house show online.

Personally I love the idea. I would gladly pay like 30 bucks a month to see the house shows online. The only issue I see with that would be that most house shows nowadays have matches that are going to be on TV or PPV. It's almost like the house shows are now a run through with a crowd. They would have to change that but aside from that I think it would be a great idea. I also like the idea of having the dark matches online. I would love to see Danielson's match with WWE video as opposed to a fan cam. However they shouldbe done with no commentary.

I think this is a really good idea, because at the end of the week after I've watched all WWE's programming I still want more. Only once have I been to a house show, and that was back in 2007 in early May or June and I remember that I was really impressed. I actually found a lot of the action even better than what's put on tv, and if WWE put house shows online that would be a good way to showcase their talent to an even further extent, especially guys who don't appear on tv every single week as well as up and comers. Overall even if this was something you had to pay for I'd definitely go for it. Great idea, REALLY hope people who work with WWE read some of this ;p

That is a pretty great idea. The main problem i can see with it is that I believe on their house show tours almost every card has identical matches, with the same finishes and main spots and whatnot, so you'd be pretty pissed if you ordered an online house show, then saw one live and they were the same. Of course, they could just switch things up for the one they tape for the internet. Other than that one potential issue, this is a great idea. It benefits the fans as they now have more wrestling to watch, it benefits WWE because they increase traffic to their site and it benefits the younger, up-and-coming starswho maybe don't get a lot of time on raw or SmackDown, as they could now be more prominantly featured.

It's sounds like a good concept but there's one problem in that this would mean even more work for creative and the wrestlers.

You have to be insane to really want this or believe it's a good idea.There's already to much wrestling being out out by WWE. If they start putting out every match they do then your gonna see so much redundancy it'll get overwhelming. Besides, house shows are meant for the enjoyment of the crowd. There's no time constraints and the wrestler can take time during the match to do more taunting and things of this nature.And as for the younger guys gaining exposure, the point of them being at live shows is so there's no pressure for them and people can't just change the channel like they could on television.

And the point of having dark matches after the show goes of the air is to entice someone to attend the live event opposed to watching it on t.v.

With programs such as Youtube out there, this would never work. Paying a subscription fee to see a house show that has no relavance? Not going to work. People would get bored with it fast, case in point, How many watch Superstars? Not very many and those are 'house themed' matches. Now showing house shows for FREE now that concept could be good, granted if people care enough. The real big problem is, you have RAW, ECW, Super Stars and SMACKDOWN all within a week, that's 6-8 hours of free wrestling and once Saturday/Sunday hits, I think the fans just may be over exposed and burnt out as it is on the wrestling. A great concept though it wouldn't ever work seeing as how they can already watch the previous four shows online as it is on the website for free.

I am not sure it would work. The whole part of the "Dark Match" main event is to give people in attendance something special. Live events are a large part of the WWE's bottom line, plus it get the fans closer to the wrestlers. Instead of them just being on TV. Now with that being said, I think it might be good to see the "Pre-event Dark Matches". As long as they were signed to a WWE contract and it wasn't just a try out..I don't see why not. I have seen a great pre-event dark match with the tag-teams of Brock Lesnar and Ron Waterman vs Rico and Randy Orton. And this was long before Brock or Orton were on WWE TV

It's an cool idea for sure. It would be interesting to see different house shows, but it wouldnt work.

First, if the house show is posted online, why would anyone pay to go to the actual show?

Second, it's just bad business. WWE would have to pay for camera men, pyro and sets for house shows then. They would lose money. Most house shows dont come with sets or much pyro, so posting video of house shows would diminish the product or make the product look less than what it is on television.

Third, the house shows are sometimes used to bring up new talent or help wrestlers tune-up for big matches or PPVs. This could kill potential PPV sales if the world got to see house shows of the matches they are expecting to see on PPV in a few weeks. Also, it could kill any build up of new characters who are havent made their debut on television, but have been working house show matches to get ready.

I do like the concept though. As a kid, I would have loved to have seen some the old house shows. Today, probably not as much, but it's definately interesting. I'd watch them.

It's an cool idea for sure. It would be interesting to see different house shows, but it wouldnt work.

First, if the house show is posted online, why would anyone pay to go to the actual show?.

If RAW, ECW, and Smackdown are on TV why do people go live?

Second, it's just bad business. WWE would have to pay for camera men, pyro and sets for house shows then. They would lose money. Most house shows dont come with sets or much pyro, so posting video of house shows would diminish the product or make the product look less than what it is on television.

Im not saying produce it like a real show, keep it the same without sets and pyro and such, it wouldnt take away from the product cuz anyone thats ever been to a house show knows its not the same

Third, the house shows are sometimes used to bring up new talent or help wrestlers tune-up for big matches or PPVs. This could kill potential PPV sales if the world got to see house shows of the matches they are expecting to see on PPV in a few weeks. Also, it could kill any build up of new characters who are haven't made their debut on television, but have been working house show matches to get ready.

I dont have much to say here accept i disagree

on another note I found 2 problems with my own idea

1.) Nobody came online to watch heat or velocity why would they watch this?

2.) Secondly it can spoil shows for some, ex. my first house show was on a wednesday after a tag title change occurred at the tuesday tapings a few years ago

Either way I think this may be a good idea, even if they only post one show per week, or just post the best matches

another reason this may work is if they post videos of new talent, you can tell how popular the star is getting by the # of times his match is viewed.

The idea has its flaws but i still think it is worth a shot.

I'm going to go against the masses and say this is a BAD idea for a number of reasons

1. The biggest reason being the high profile matches. Most of the time, the house shows are basically your PPV matches. If you basically give them away on TV, there is less need to want to watch the PPV. There's also the chance the wrestlers sometimes want to work on big move sequences for the PPV by testing them on house shows, no need to broadcast them online.

2.)The second reason being the cost of production, it costs money to bring TV cameras to shows and have people there to broadcast them online.

3.)Repeat matches. Often times the same matches are on every card. The internet community would only watch one every month or those that wouldnt would be tired of seeing it and not order the ppv with the same matches.

4.) I've read several wrestlers blogs or autobiographies who said house shows are the funnest part of the job because of the lack of TV pressure and the freedom to have fun in the ring. Many wouldn't like the taking away of this fact.

Like said above, house shows always feel more relaxed. I love going to house shows. The wrestlers seem like they can have more fun and interact with the crowd more. If I could I wish we had more house shows and less Raws or PPVs in Indianapolis. To tell a story of a house show I was at a few years ago, Big Show was in the ring and someone yelled "you suck" he replied by saying "but damn I'm rich". Everyone had a good laugh. I think if these were put out for everyone to see the wrestlers would have to be more in character.

This is not a very good idea and definitely not feasible for shows on a regular basis because of several reasons:

1) It would require the WWE production crew to travel to each of these shows and either tape them or broadcast them live via the Internet. There is absolutely no way Vince is going to do this for each show.

2) Most of the House Show cards stay the same and I can't see them doing that much work to change them for this project.

3) The House Shows are absolute bare bones and contain no flashy lights, no pyro and the place looks like an Indy show, to be frank. I doubt WWE would want their fans seeing the shows like this, unless they spruce them up, which is something I have advocated all along.

4) It could actually get some people who purchase PPV's to give them up in favor of purchasing these instead. People may think "Hmm, why spend $45 when I can get to see a WWE show on the Internet for much less then that?"

Now, if they do it maybe once a month and make a Super House Show out of it, that is a possibility, I suppose. But I just don't know how many people would actually purchase them over the Internet and whether it truly would be even worth it. I don't think a lot of people like viewing things over the Internet except for the younger crowd.

So all things considered, I would have to say "No" on the idea.

The main reason I say no to this is because theirs already a overkill of WWE TV. Yeah I know tv differs from the net but not by much, and it's still another wrestling show. As a matter of fact I think they should put WWE Superstars on WWE.Com as an exclusive there and concentrate on making Raw & Smackdown and only Raw & Smackdown. WWE House Shows haven't been shit in many years, since the hay day of PWI Magazine having the results in their issues. IF they decided to do it, would I watch it? Sometimes but only if young talent was the main vocal point of it.

Paying to watch things on the internet is generally not very well received. If they were free, then there would be absolutely no point in the WWE doing it whatsoever. In order to televise them, the WWE would have to send a production crew, and they would also have to spend more on things like road agents as every single match couldn't be exactly the same, as per the norm. Not to mention that the audience for this would be so insignificant that you can bet nothing would ever happen on them and it becomes clear that this wouldn't be very good for the fans, nor would it even approach being financially viable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back