WWE should push Sandow with new gimmick.

That N Word

Actively evolving
I for one at first hated his new gimmick when he was just dressing up as random people and things. But now with him making fun of legends like he did Bret,HBK,Mr. McMahon I've come to like it. I quite frankly think WWE should push him with the gimmick. He has that flavor with the "Legend Mocking" gimmick. It is original and unique despite the fact people has done it before. But if I remember closely it wasn't never really a gimmick. I think he should even feud with John Cena down the line. He comes out to Cena's original theme "word life" in a jersey hat rapping about how Cena ruined him he get's AA'ed. He get's back up and snaps and say's he won't stop until he end Cena. He can also feud with up -and-comers like Roman Reigns,Daniel Bryan,Dean Ambrose and Sheamus. Also returning/debuting legends like Sting,Undertaker,Kurt Angle,CM Punk (if he ever comes back),The Rock. He can mock their looks,voices,and acts. I kinda think they should make it storyline where Sandow is looking to find him self. He eventually does and turns face and uses the gimmick one last time to start a feud with Triple H. He mocks his attire,voice, and blames him for his downfall. Triple H comes down and beats down Sandow. Sandow get's up and finally snaps on Hunter for "burying him." He beats up Triple H throws him through the barricade. This could lead to a match between the two at WrestleMania 32. Sandow start's winning after and becomes the next Edge (turning between heel and face constantly and being the new "Ultimate Oppurtunist.") He would win MITB and turn heel again later in that year by cashing it in and winning over a newly crowned babyface champion. Or they could just give him the IC title but for me that is the easy way out. How would you push Sandow?, Would You Push Sandow?,Is my way a good way?

A little part of me though is saying you guy's are going to shit on it or just call it fantasy booking.

I could see Sandow coming out in his most humiliating outfit yet, like a ballerina outfit over some jeans or something.

Then he gets in the ring, grabs the mic and starts his usual spiel.....then stops.....and says he doesn't care when some morons in the back want him to be anymore and rips it off. He cuts a scathing promo about how he thought this would get him attention after his devastating loss to Cena with the Money In The Bank. However he's tired of being a gimmick and he's not the intellectual savior of the masses either. He's just Damien Sandow and he beats people up.

He then proceeds on as an asskicker.

It's almost impossible to speculate whether this can turn into a legitimate push because we don't truly know why WWE is doing this "to" him (or "for" him).

When watching Sandow, I keep seeing Charlie Haas, who had a run playing a variety of silly characters (Haas Hogan, for example). Of course, we came to learn that Charlie's Follies wasn't a push.....instead, it was a prelude to being future endeavored.

The difference between Charlie Haas and Damien Sandow,is Damien is actually a pretty good wrestler.. Im not saying Charlie wasn't but I think what hurt Charlie was Jackie his girlfriend at the time.. I think in a way the WWE punished him for it,i remember Jackie being sort of a difficult employee..

Damien i think though,is actually quite funny at what he is doing.. I loved the Damien Hart segment that was pure genius! But it is hard to tell,what the WWE is doing to him.

Is he a replacement for the now retired Santino Marella? I hope the WWE doesn't soon future endeavor him,Damien is very good in the ring and a whiz on the mic.. Rare combination

I don't understand why people think Sandow is replacing Santino, Santino announced it Sunday, Sandow has been jobbing since like April/May :p

Anyway, I don't think this idea is quite realistic honestly. Sandow shouldn't have to find himself, when he showed up he was so certain of who he was. Here's what I'm thinking, give Sandow a gimmick set for someone not a mid carder, they could even bring back the Savior of the Masses gimmick and instead of pushing him to the moon, build him this time. Real slow. You have 5 guys set to be in the main event next yearish so you don't have to push him fast! It's a shame because from what I've seen of him he does well but who knows what's left of his career.

I sadly don't remember this Charlie Haas gimmick that's being discussed here >< which granted sucks being a jobber, but Shelton got extra years basically never getting a push, which personally upset me

What I don't understand is why in every Sandow thread, there's always people who would say that Sandow is "great in the ring", "very good in the ring", "superb in the ring", etc... when he's NOT.

When did Sandow ever had a good match? (Ans: It's far and few.)

Did Sandow ever pulled off a great match in his entire career? (Ans: Nope.)

Sandow is where he is now because of his own doing. He is now at a stage of his career where he needs to bounce back if he wants to get anywhere in his career. That's why he's been putting in so much effort into his recent comedy routines.

Like I've always said, a gimmick is just a gimmick (unless somehow it becomes part of the character). For Damien's case, his gimmick runs dry a long time ago, and he turns to simple insults like calling the audience fat or lazy, or things along those lines. That, became his routine; that, becomes him. And to worsen his situation, he's a big guy, but he wrestles like a small guy. He doesn't do any moves that might assert himself, and he doesn't go to the gym, or trained enough. But the real problem with him is he's really not any good in the ring. Each match he had is the same as the last, regardless of his opponents, even when he's given a win. I wouldn't call him a good wrestler.

The only problem Sandow has going for him is that there are too many people WWE is currently working to push, from the obvious ones like Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt, to the guys like Cesaro and Rusev. You start pushing too many guys, and you run the risk of making a rising star look weak by having them lose against other up and comers. At least Sandow is frequently featured on Raw, and I'm actually enjoying his gimmick since he's making references to wrestling icons. Once the dust has settled and there are less people being built up, I'm confident that Sandow will be given another chance to rise higher on the card.

Sandow is much more talented than Charlie Haas, but it was amusing when he did play that role a few years ago.

I think how this Intercontinental title battle royal plays out dictates the direction of Damien Sandow.

He's getting air-time each week and time on the microphone. I think he's being torn down to be built back up. Playing the Fandango character and more recently Vince McMahon and Bret Hart was gold.

I'm more in favor of him being elevated in the mid card than Ziggler, Swagger or anyone else that has had more than one opportunity.

Absolutely not. Sandow does not need a new gimmick. Wwe has to stop jobbing him. Sandow as the intellectual savior of the masses is gold imo. As that character he is perfect. That reminds me of the old time wrestlers who got a great gimmick in the beginning and had it stick with them their whole career ie Iron Sheik. Most people seem to think that Bray Wyatt (a repackaged Huskey Harris) is the best character wwe has come up with in the last several years. I disagree i think Sandow is the best character. They just need to stop punishing him for whatever it is that he did or refuses to do (lay down with Patt Patterson).;)

Sandow is arguably one of the most talented superstars in the roster now. His in-ring work is solid, his promo fluency and delivery is among the very best in history, he is also a very versatile character and can play a variety of roles effectively. Give him anything and this guy will excel at it. I think they should stick with this gimmick for him, because he is doing a fantastic job with it. The "intellectual savior" thing had kind of run its course, the angry guy was a seen-it-million-times-before thing and was never gonna work, he needed something new and this is something that enables him to showcase his ability. Even if this was done TO him, his performance will enable him to turn this FOR him. He has a bright future ahead of him and will be one of the guys that will be remembered for a long time despite having many (or any) world title reigns.
Now only if the unwashed masses give him a little more reaction during his promos. Those motherfuckers pop huge for the same crap every week but stay dead silent during Sandow's excellence.

The current Sandow gimmick is another BNB type gimmick. It sucked when it first began but the wrestler started having fun with it and the crowd started to appreciate it. Honestly, the easiest way to book this gimmick is simply to have Sandow start winning the matches. He can start with an established guy who is now mostly putting guys over (Mark Henry would work really well in this role since he won't be getting any more big pushes but is still on the roster somewhere). As the wins start to pile up, Sandow starts to inch towards title contention with a pretty impressive resume. It would probably max out at the US or IC title since an imitator isn't likely to get a world title push but that beats what Sandow has had since his failed cash in.

What WWE needs to do is bring back the intellectual gimmick. Sandow was doing great up until the Money In the Bank cash-in attempt that he failed. On an unrelated note, does anyone else think WWE missed out on a huge opportunity with Sandow's Money In the Bank push in a different way? I'm talking about the chocolate looking briefcase he used. WWE could have made a fortune on Money In the Bank chocolate bars. Anyway, back on topic. Sandow failed to cash in on Cena. Which is fine. They could still have made him into a threat for the Intercontinental Championship or built him up further for another attempt at a big push. What I don't get is why someone who is as gifted as Sandow is keeps getting forced to do these stupid impressions and lose in humiliating fashion. Granted the Vince and Bret impressions were spot on and hilarious, but overall this has been stupid and Sandow deserves better. This needs to stop. Just make him go back into the intellectual gimmick, his heel promos will take care of the rest as long as wins matches more often.

Sandow as a really poor version of The Genius and even a worse version of Dean Douglas wasn't working. This angle isn't working, either, but at least it's funny. I can't wait to see him come out as Ric Flair on Raw tomorrow night. After he called HBK Bret's Hero and Idol, and called the Montreal Screwjob a work right to Bret's face, in the ring with him, dressed up as him, I realized that this angle has some wheels, if they'll push it. If he comes out as Ric Flair on Raw, in a suit, and elbow drops his jacket, and runs the ropes, then I'll get excited.

As of right now, he's no better than Ziggler, Barrett, or any of the other unpushed midcarders.

I think he'll be rewarded eventually. He's been a champ in my book as of late. I also think that when he takes off, the people that said "stop punishing him" will soon become sick of him. ;)

Sandows current gimmick is definitely surprising. I mean it's one thing to fail to cash in the MITB, but to fail then fall off the face of the WWE universe only to comeback as a comedy act is quite the head scratcher. That said its not all a waste. I mean one out of every three people he dresses up as gets a chuckle out of me. I think I laughed the hardest at his attempt at being an interpretative dancer. But part of that may have been JBL on commentary. That said I'd push him, and I could see two possible directions they could go without taking him off TV to repackage him.

- The first idea I had would be to take this thing and try to turn it into a part of his in ring style and a serious gimmick. He could say that he did that just to show how he can do or be anything better than anyone. It would be kinda cool if when he feuded with people as a form of mind games, he used there signature moves during matches, or even used old entrance themes his opponent used. Like if he feuded with Cena, he could come out to basic thuganomics. Kinda turn this comedy gimmick into a more serious Mimic gimmick, saying anything anyone can do, I can do better,

- The second idea I had stemmed from the rant he had after his a match on a raw pre show, that was probably at least 3 months ago, if not longer. He went on yelling until some one turned of the mics. So they could have him come out one week about to be someone else. Then he can be in the ring about to start, and he can stop and tear off whatever ridiculous wig, or whatever he's wearing. He can go off about how he's fed up. Saying that the only way he can get air time is by dressing up like a jack ass , and parading around like a fool. Well he's done! If he can't get on TV off his own talent, then he'll put everyone else getting TV time on the shelf, till he's the only WWE superstar left on Raw every monday night!.

Those are my ideas for how to take what he's doing and move it right into a serious push. I doubt we'll see either, but hopefully Sandow gets something more to sink his teeth into then whats he's getting now.

I would love to see Damien Sandow really get a push with this gimmick. I would like to see him come out as former Champions with defunct / retired Belts. Some examples are:

Hulk Hogan with the Winged Eagle Championship Title Belt
The Rock with the Big Eagle Championship Title Belt
Stone Cold Steve Austin with the Smoking Skull Championship Title Belt
JBL with the Undisputed Championship Title Belt (and limo, I can hear JBL now, “what the hell is this”)
John Cena / CM Punk with the Spinner Championship Title Belt
Edge with the Rated R Spiner Championship Title Belt
Ric Flair with the Big Gold Championship Title Belt
Hollywood Hulk Hogan with the nWo Championship Title Belt
Chris Jericho with the Big Eagle and Big Gold (I would really love to see this!!)
Rob Van Dam with the ECW Championship Title Belt
Million Dollar Man with the Million Dollar Championship Title Belt
Ultimate Warrior with the Intercontinental Championship Title Belt
Lex Luger with the WCW United States Championship Title Belt
William Regal with the European Championship Title Belt
Mick Foley / Mankind with the Hardcore Championship Title Belt
X-Pac with the Light Heavyweight Championship Title Belt
Rey Mysterio with the Cruiserweight Championship Title Belt

I would also like to see someone join him and do legendary Tag Team parodies.

Demolition with the classic WWE Tag Team Championship Title Belts
Rated RKO with the Raw Tag Team Championship Title Belts
Deuce N’ Domino with the Smackdown Tag Team Championship Title Belts
The Outsiders with the WCW Tag Team Championship Title Belts
The Dudley Boyz with the ECW Tag Team Championship Title Belts

I’d even let them borrow my Jakks / Mattel Kids Championship Title Belts if they asked…for a price.

A serious world title push for Sandow in the future? I can't see it happening. Sandow is just a running joke now with the constant impersonations week after week, so I have a hard time believing in the fans taking him seriously as a world title contender or an IC Champion.

Sandow showed some signs of promise with his failed cash-in on John Cena, and from what I remember, they had another good match together somewhere down the line, but he's in a deep hole now. He's fun to laugh at every now and then, but the goof comedy kills any chances for a serious push this year or in 2015.

I have a confession, Damian's ballerina bit when teamed with Fandango made me laugh pretty hard. I almost wish that they went with that for his gimmick.

However, I agree that his intellectual persona was better. He was funny, but you loved to hate him and his in-ring skills were formidable. Now...honestly, I just feel bad for him. Part of me wonders if this is going to lead to a face turn considering how he had a confrontation with Stephanie, fought with Rusev and had a worked shoot bit where he seemed to acknowledge how ridiculous he had become.

I'm almost expecting a promo where he comes out and chews out the authority for making him do these moronic gimmicks. They can even claim that his self esteem was so crushed by all of this nonsense that it effected his win/loss ratio, so he can immediately become a badass once more as soon as it stops.

The sad thing too is that Damian Sandow still does a decent job with it. As much as I groan whenever he makes an ass of himself, Sandow never seems to phone it in. If he's got to be a joke character, I wish they'd just make him a credible threat. Even Santino was made to look more dangerous once the novelty of his character wore off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back