WWE Royal Rumble: Raw Women's Championship - Charlotte Flair (c) VS Bayley

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Due to her win over Nia Jax on last night's episode of Raw, Bayley is #1 contender for Charlotte's title and gets her shot at said title at the Royal Rumble.

Over the past several weeks, WWE has been hyping Charlotte's ppv record in that she's undefeated in ppv singles or threeway matches. They've upped the ante a bit with the "Queen of Pay-Per-View" moniker and due at least somewhat to that, it's unlikely Bayley walks out of the Royal Rumble as WWE Raw Women's Champion. Even if WWE didn't play up Charlotte's "streak", it's still highly unlikely Bayley wins against Charlotte.

IF the plan is for Bayley to sort of end Charlotte's streak and win the title at WrestleMania, it would've had a lot more impact for me personally if Charlotte and Sasha hadn't spent 6 months playing hot potato with the strap. Of course, that simply might be all in my head as doing the hot potato routine with titles is one of my biggest pet peeves.

I don't think that Bayley will win this match and thus the title at Royal Rumble.

Since WWE is hyping Charlotte as the queen of PPVs, I don't think that it will ended at Royal Rumble instead of the biggest PPV Wrestlemania.

We may also get Sasha Vs. Nia Jax at Royal Rumble so the winner of that match and feud could be the next title contender and I guess that it would be Sasha instead of Nia Jax.

Yeah, there's no way Bayley wins this.

I'm still very intrigued though despite almost for sure knowing the outcome. If the plan is for Bayley to dethrone Charlotte at WrestleMania, I wonder how they're gonna play the finish for this match. I assume it won't be clean because that doesn't really leave Bayley with any story to get another match for the championship. They could have Dana Brooke cost Bayley but I think there's a better option out there.

The rumor is that they want to turn Sasha heel... and I don't see a better opportunity than right here. Have her cost Bayley the match, something along the lines of, "If I can't beat her neither can you". You know we've heard that Sasha is supposed to be in a major match at WrestleMania, but unless it's for the championship I don't see how anything else could really be "major". By going this route you prolong the Charlotte/Bayley stuff, you start Sasha/Bayley stuff and you re-introduce the Sasha/Charlotte stuff and then boom... there's your triple threat championship match at WrestleMania.

Yeah, there's no way Bayley wins this.

I'm still very intrigued though despite almost for sure knowing the outcome. If the plan is for Bayley to dethrone Charlotte at WrestleMania, I wonder how they're gonna play the finish for this match. I assume it won't be clean because that doesn't really leave Bayley with any story to get another match for the championship. They could have Dana Brooke cost Bayley but I think there's a better option out there.

The rumor is that they want to turn Sasha heel... and I don't see a better opportunity than right here. Have her cost Bayley the match, something along the lines of, "If I can't beat her neither can you". You know we've heard that Sasha is supposed to be in a major match at WrestleMania, but unless it's for the championship I don't see how anything else could really be "major". By going this route you prolong the Charlotte/Bayley stuff, you start Sasha/Bayley stuff and you re-introduce the Sasha/Charlotte stuff and then boom... there's your triple threat championship match at WrestleMania.
The problem here is that Charlotte is a heel. You can't have two heels at the top of division. If Sasha turns heel, that leaves Bayley as the only babyface on Raw brand. I'm assuming Emmalina could be a heel but just like Corey Graves said, she could be premiering in 2018. Nia Jax is also a heel which is suitable for her. So, I don't think that Sasha should turn heel anytime soon. And I don't think that Charlotte will turn face before Wrestlemania 33 atleast.

The problem here is that Charlotte is a heel. You can't have two heels at the top of division. If Sasha turns heel, that leaves Bayley as the only babyface on Raw brand. I'm assuming Emmalina could be a heel but just like Corey Graves said, she could be premiering in 2018. Nia Jax is also a heel which is suitable for her. So, I don't think that Sasha should turn heel anytime soon. And I don't think that Charlotte will turn face before Wrestlemania 33 atleast.
Normally no, you can't... you're certainly right, but I based everything I said off of rumors and what we've heard. Plus I don't see it as TOO bad if it's just for WrestleMania season, and then after that it opens up new opportunities to integrate more faces onto the roster via call-ups, trades or maybe if they decide to do a draft post Mania. (Plus we still don't know what's going on with Paige, she could return fairly soon and be a face).

If Sasha is supposed to be in a "major" match at WrestleMania, I don't see how anything other than the championship match can be considered major unless they have something up their sleeve that none of us can foresee.

She doesn't have to be a full-blown heel like Charlotte, I don't like the term "tweener" but I guess that's the role that Sasha could fill. Maybe it can be more so an obsession with the championship and being the one to defeat Charlotte on PPV and because of that obsession she decides to throw her friendship with Bayley away to accomplish what she wants.

The more decks you stack against Bayley, the bigger the moment will be once she does take the title at WrestleMania. They teased last night that Stephanie doesn't believe in her, and I'm sure they'll play more on that as the months go on, and then having to overcome both Sasha and Charlotte, it could really create a moment that feels legitimately huge.

I disagree. Bayley winning at the Rumble would fit the narrative perfectly.

Instead of having a Triple Threat (Bayley/Charlotte/Banks) at WrestleMania a second consecutive year, and to get away from some vanilla rematch, Bayley breaks Charlotte's streak, and either Charlotte takes some time off or loses a contendership on TV. Bayley would be going in as the plucky fan favorite who had done the impossible.

And who couldn't? Sasha Banks. No matter what, Banks couldn't beat Charlotte where it mattered, but Bayley did. Easy heel turn based on jealousy. We get the best of Banks going into WrestleMania. Banks and Bayley have had some of the best matches in NXT, and it would be silly to not have them fight on a grand stage.

I get the whole face: heel ratio argument. But there's plenty of time to build up another face or grab one from NXT. To me it's a non issue going into WrestleMania.

And for those saying they couldn't see it happening, well none of us saw Goldberg squashing Lesnar either. Nobody thought Triple H would hand Kevin Owens the title. WWE is huge on shocking the audience lately.

Due to her win over Nia Jax on last night's episode of Raw, Bayley is #1 contender for Charlotte's title and gets her shot at said title at the Royal Rumble.

Over the past several weeks, WWE has been hyping Charlotte's ppv record in that she's undefeated in ppv singles or threeway matches. They've upped the ante a bit with the "Queen of Pay-Per-View" moniker and due at least somewhat to that, it's unlikely Bayley walks out of the Royal Rumble as WWE Raw Women's Champion. Even if WWE didn't play up Charlotte's "streak", it's still highly unlikely Bayley wins against Charlotte.

IF the plan is for Bayley to sort of end Charlotte's streak and win the title at WrestleMania, it would've had a lot more impact for me personally if Charlotte and Sasha hadn't spent 6 months playing hot potato with the strap. Of course, that simply might be all in my head as doing the hot potato routine with titles is one of my biggest pet peeves.

If the rumors are correct about WWE trying to do the Bryan storyline with Bayley, then I expect Charlotte to retain at Royal Rumble and Fast Lane. Bayley should win at WrestleMania. I just hate it'll be so predictable.

Normally no, you can't... you're certainly right, but I based everything I said off of rumors and what we've heard. Plus I don't see it as TOO bad if it's just for WrestleMania season, and then after that it opens up new opportunities to integrate more faces onto the roster via call-ups, trades or maybe if they decide to do a draft post Mania. (Plus we still don't know what's going on with Paige, she could return fairly soon and be a face).

If Sasha is supposed to be in a "major" match at WrestleMania, I don't see how anything other than the championship match can be considered major unless they have something up their sleeve that none of us can foresee.

She doesn't have to be a full-blown heel like Charlotte, I don't like the term "tweener" but I guess that's the role that Sasha could fill. Maybe it can be more so an obsession with the championship and being the one to defeat Charlotte on PPV and because of that obsession she decides to throw her friendship with Bayley away to accomplish what she wants.

The more decks you stack against Bayley, the bigger the moment will be once she does take the title at WrestleMania. They teased last night that Stephanie doesn't believe in her, and I'm sure they'll play more on that as the months go on, and then having to overcome both Sasha and Charlotte, it could really create a moment that feels legitimately huge.

I could see Nia in the title match too. WWE seems to look cramming everybody on the card. Instead of getting Becky vs. Sasha vs. Bayley vs. Charlotte like everybody wanted, we'll get Sasha vs. Bayley vs. Charlotte vs. Nia.

I could see Nia in the title match too. WWE seems to look cramming everybody on the card. Instead of getting Becky vs. Sasha vs. Bayley vs. Charlotte like everybody wanted, we'll get Sasha vs. Bayley vs. Charlotte vs. Nia.
I would rather have Charlotte Vs. Bayley for the title at Wrestlemania 33 instead of a fatal four way between Nia, Sasha, Bayley and Charlotte. Since it doesn't look like Sasha is in for a lengthy title reign, let Bayley be the one to break the undefeated PPV record of Charlotte and there can't be a better place than Wrestlemania 33 to do so.

I'm still curious about why people like Bayley. Is it her under dog, cute as a button look? I've yet to see a good Bayley match since she's hit the main roster. Her special move - Bayley to belly - has to be the weakest looking move in all of WWE and doesn't play to her strengths at all. It's like having Rey Mysterio doing a Last Ride Powerbomb as his special move (in comparison).

This could be her moment to show she belongs on a big stage with Charlotte. I'm in the Charlotte camp myself, WOOO!!!

Rumble, I see Charlotte winning and keeping her undefeated streak going until WM. Where would you want to break a PPV streak the most? At WM. Why? Because it just means more in that moment. I want Bayley to win, and then we could get a sweet entrance with the wacky waving inflatable arm tube men with a title belt! But alas, the Rumble it probably won't be. Bayley is fun and has some sick chemistry with Sasha. Maybe that will be the match at Mania instead. :shrug: But yeah, Charlotte retains and Bayley will be left chasing the title for a bit.

Not really sure how I feel about the whole Bayley call up and what's happened with her afterward. Not only that how she fits into the title picture narrative.

For most of the last year we've had Charlotte/Sasha while Bayley has been either down in NXT or not really involved. Don't get me wrong, don't have a problem with Bayley per say, but just don't get why all of a sudden she's being thrust into the title picture.

Read in other places that Vince thinks the money is on her and Charlotte, not Banks, but Banks has a much better move set than Bayley does. Bayley's finisher the Bayley to belly is one of the weakest looking I've ever seen. Any other time a wrestler does a belly to belly the opponent kicks out of it easily.

What I would like to see happen is Banks turns heel and causes some sort of commotion at the Rumble, get Dana Brooke involved as well. Bayley wins the title with Banks congratulating her and then turning heel. We then get a program leading into Mania between Banks and Bayley. We've seen what they can do in NXT, never on the main roster as far as I can remember.

Charlotte can then get into a feud with Brooks for awhile. Once that dust up is finished, she can then concentrate on whoever is holding the women's title. Have Charlotte chase it for awhile, not aligning herself with anyone in particular, just causing shit whenever she can. Charlotte as good as she is needs to take a bit of a back seat for a little while so the others can be elevated somewhat.

I think the WWE has painted themselves into a bit of a corner here with Charlotte now being hailed as "The Queen of the PPV's". It's really not a lot of fun knowing that when she drops the title on RAW, she'll get it back at the next PPV. Not only that it sort of put's a stigma on the other women that when the big matches count they can't deliver. I just think it was too soon to give her that kind of moniker. They should have waited a while longer. Sure she puts on a great match, but when the outcome is known it takes away from it somewhat.

Personally, has much as I hate to write this, charlotte is the face of the division and the reason why fans want to watch the women's on raw. She an old school heel and the hook is simple, you want to see somebody beat her on ppv.

Bayley is technicly the john cena of the women's division, by that is that she a role model for kids and you know how much money you can make with that type of character.

So I understand why vince thinks he can make more money with bayley then sasha banks.

Having written that, I don't see bayley winning at the rumble I could see nia jax and sasha banks interfering in the match somehow which would lead to a fatal four way at fast lane and then you have bayley beat charlotte at mania just like they did with cena back in the day.

Not really sure how I feel about the whole Bayley call up and what's happened with her afterward. Not only that how she fits into the title picture narrative.

For most of the last year we've had Charlotte/Sasha while Bayley has been either down in NXT or not really involved. Don't get me wrong, don't have a problem with Bayley per say, but just don't get why all of a sudden she's being thrust into the title picture.

Read in other places that Vince thinks the money is on her and Charlotte, not Banks, but Banks has a much better move set than Bayley does. Bayley's finisher the Bayley to belly is one of the weakest looking I've ever seen. Any other time a wrestler does a belly to belly the opponent kicks out of it easily.

What I would like to see happen is Banks turns heel and causes some sort of commotion at the Rumble, get Dana Brooke involved as well. Bayley wins the title with Banks congratulating her and then turning heel. We then get a program leading into Mania between Banks and Bayley. We've seen what they can do in NXT, never on the main roster as far as I can remember.

Charlotte can then get into a feud with Brooks for awhile. Once that dust up is finished, she can then concentrate on whoever is holding the women's title. Have Charlotte chase it for awhile, not aligning herself with anyone in particular, just causing shit whenever she can. Charlotte as good as she is needs to take a bit of a back seat for a little while so the others can be elevated somewhat.

I think the WWE has painted themselves into a bit of a corner here with Charlotte now being hailed as "The Queen of the PPV's". It's really not a lot of fun knowing that when she drops the title on RAW, she'll get it back at the next PPV. Not only that it sort of put's a stigma on the other women that when the big matches count they can't deliver. I just think it was too soon to give her that kind of moniker. They should have waited a while longer. Sure she puts on a great match, but when the outcome is known it takes away from it somewhat.
I don't think that we will get Sasha Vs. Bayley at Wrestlemania 33. Even I had been wanting it since long.

But we are going to get Charlotte Vs. Bayley. I read a report which suggested that WWE is going to use Bayley just like it used Bryan on the road to Wrestlemania 30. Let's see if Bayley can be as successful as Bryan was. Bryan was made a big star in that storyline and I hope that Bayley can do the same too.

We can get Bayley Vs heel Sasha at Summerslam.

Charlotte wins this one, not clean though. Charlotte- Bayley continues to Wrestlemania.

Sasha's major match at Mania should be with Stephanie. Their issues with each other have already started.

Sasha eventually turns heel on Bayley....maybe next summer. She'll be fed up with falling a little short against Charlotte, getting screwed by Stephanie(Steph should win at Mania with the help of Nia and Dana), and jealous of Bayley who will be well into her title reign by then. Sasha eventually dethrones Bayley and finally gets her long title reign as a heel.

Charlotte wins here, setting up huge bout at Mania with Charloitte, Bailey, Sasha and Nia where Bailey wins. Think that is the plan here because they are going with "Danyel Bryan story" with Bailey.

Trouble here is that I personally cant see Bailey in that storyline. She is great, but dunno if its material they give her or booking, but she is not for that spot yet. With Bryan you had huge matches, you had screw ups, people chanting "Yes, yes, yes" all the time, it was huge when he finally did it at Wrestlemania 30. What do you have in Bailey with that storyline? Reminescence of how was she good in NXT? Plus, have a feeling that Charlotte and Sasha "matured" better. So much better that Bailey taking championship from Charlotte now is step down for whole Women Division.

I don't think that we will get Sasha Vs. Bayley at Wrestlemania 33. Even I had been wanting it since long.

But we are going to get Charlotte Vs. Bayley. I read a report which suggested that WWE is going to use Bayley just like it used Bryan on the road to Wrestlemania 30. Let's see if Bayley can be as successful as Bryan was. Bryan was made a big star in that storyline and I hope that Bayley can do the same too.

We can get Bayley Vs heel Sasha at Summerslam.

That's along the line I'm thinking as well. Bayley will win the title at Mania, and then start up a feud with Banks.

The only problem I'm having with the whole thing is that the WWE has done it again. They have focused so much on Sasha and Charlotte that the other women on the roster have been treated as afterthoughts. Now after having almost a whole year of Sasha and Charlotte, Bayley has been thrust into it, and while she's a good foil for Charlotte, she's like a square peg in a round hole.

Even when Sasha and Charlotte were having their little feud, she wasn't doing much of anything, even though we knew that she would be next in line. Agreed she will get the Daniel Bryan treatment, but he was put through a lot more than she was to get to the goal-line. All in all it should be a good match.

Maybe it is because I skip through Raw every week for the most part. But this match just isn't doing it for me at all. This should have been the moment that Bayley got over in a massive way. This should have been the feud that propelled Bayley towards the (inevitable) match for the Championship at WrestleMania. But the truth of the matter is that this feud has fallen so flat on it's face that I genuinely don't really care who wins it. And considering that I have always considered myself to be a massive Bayley fan from her days in NXT, that is a sad state of affairs.

In terms of the match, there's simply no way that Bayley comes up with a win here. She is going up against the WWE's PPV Queen in every sense of the word. The WWE will keep that streak going until WrestleMania where Bayley will finally be the one to stop the streak and put Charlotte away on PPV. Until then though, the WWE are in a holding pattern with the Women's Championship on Raw and, at the very least, Charlotte will be the one holding it heading into WrestleMania. I expect this match to be quite competitive and go way above and beyond any of the other women's matches on the card. And I am genuinely excited at the prospect of seeing them wrestle. It's just the pre-determined and obvious finish that is putting me off.

Charlotte retains... Obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back