WWE Royal Rumble - Men's Royal Rumble Match

The thing about the 2018 edition of the Royal Rumble Match that is still on my mind is if let's say the winner is a RAW superstar can he jump brands and go over to Smackdown Live and challenge for the WWE Championship? Or if the winner is a Smackdown superstar can he jump brands and go over to RAW and challenge for the WWE Universal Championship?

Or is the winner strictly restricted to their brand? I sure as hell hope not because then depending on who the winner is if they go after the title of their choice the champions have no idea if the winner will choose their title

It further just adds to the unpredictability of the match am I right or am I wrong?

I have Shinsuke Nakamura winning this as I see them having Nakamura vs. AJ at Wrestlemania.

They should have Roman eliminated last just to fuck with Philly and get them all emotional, teasing he'll win again but also having them root for Shinsuke, who's a clear fan favourite unlike Roman. Would be the first time Roman and Shinsuke interacted with each other too.

Shinsuke Kinshasa's Roman over the top rope to win. That would be a cool ending much like when Shawn Superkicked Diesel over the top rope to win the 96 Rumble.

I kinda feel like they might not even put reigns in the rumble just because everybody is expecting it and why not just have him defend the ic title this year. As for how I see the match end, let just have cena and nakamura as the final 2, everybody would think that cena will win but have nakamura eliminate cena. Nakamura need all the momentum he can get right now since while still a main event star, he's kinda been a cold character right now and if you want to make a big deal of his title match at mania, you need to help him get on the same level as aj styles.as far as popularity is concern.

I legitimately think Nakamura is going to win this thing. I can see them teasing a Reigns win, but since everybody and their grandmothers can see that it's going to be Reigns/Lesnar for the Universal strap from a mile away, and the WWE knows that we know, I would be surprised to see them pull the trigger on Roman when they can finally send the Rumble crowd home happy for the first time in a while. I also feel that WWE knows they have a dream match in Nak/Styles and, with time seemingly running out to put these guys together on a big stage, there seems to be no better opportunity than Mania 34.

The Universal strap (company guys) will be the main event, and AJ/Nak will be the match that ropes in the smarks. I mean, it really is time to do something with Nakamura. Even if he loses, which I'm guessing he would, putting him against Styles for the WWE title could be a star-making opportunity. It could also give him a chance to finally let loose on the main roster and put on a 5-star match much like his debut bout with Zayn.

I don't really see an argument against giving him the win. Give him the match and leave it up to him to sink or swim.

27 from Raw & Smackdown

NXT
Aliester Black

Surprise
Batista
Daniel Bryan

Batista enters number 29, Daniel Bryan enters number 30.

A) They are the last two and go over the rope at the same time and declared 'co-winners'.
B) Lesnar comes down to the ring and costs Batista the win.
C) Shane comes down to the ring and costs Bryan the win.

Wrestleamania 34

Universal Title - Batista vs Brock Lesnar (c)
WWE Title - Daniel Bryan vs AJ Styles (c)
John Cena vs Undertaker
Kurt Angle vs Triple H
Raw Womens Title - Asuka (c) vs Rhonda Rousey
The Shield vs The Club
Brawn Strowman vs Baron Corbin

I'm hoping that the WWE will prove me wrong, as they've done before, by having an awesome men's Royal Rumble while I expect them to not put as much heart into it due to wanting to make the women's Royal Rumble stand out.

They have a lot of options. Guys like Finn, Joe, Cena, Orton, Batista are all ready to rock WrestleMania if they win. It's a bit odd that having predictably good options make them slightly mundane, as I don't expect the WWE to try another Shaemus or Del Rio experiment with this one. I'm not expecting any surprises on par with AJ's debut, the only people who could pull a moment like that off would be Kenny Omega or CM Punk.

For surprises, I would like to see...

Number 1 entrant in the 2018 Royal Rumble...Kurt Angle!!
Number 2 entrant in the 2018 Royal Rumble...Daniel Bryan!!

Exactly and the fact that you have guys or could have guys in there like Finn Balor, Samoa Joe, Shinsuke Nakamura, Bobby Roode, Baron Corbin, etc. all in there in any Rumble they would be favorites but it is obvious that WWE is trying to either hand deliver the win to either Reigns or Cena

The crowd is going to hijack this regardless and call bull shit because that is how predictable WWE has become

For me obviously it would be CM Punk as he is the one wrestler that got me back into watching the program back in 2012 after not having watched in over a decade. However, I know that's probably a little unrealistic at this time so someone who might actually be a surprise entrant I would like to see is Batista.

I feel like he kinda got a unfair shake when he came back in 2014 as everyone wanted Daniel Bryan to win that Rumble. The guy has stated he would like to come back and work some matches and knowing WWE, could be some publicity and promotion since Avengers is coming in a few months. Now I wouldn't have him win at all but have a good showing and then setup a feud with maybe Strowman the necxt night on Raw since we all know Strowman isn't winning the title at the Rumble. They could carry that into Elimination Chamber taking each other out inside. Not sure what WWE has planned for Strowman at Mania since Lesnar vs. Reigns is pretty much set in stone. So a good feud with a credible opponent for Strowman to go into Mania would be nice

I listen to Bully on satellite radio, and I'll take his idea a little further and differently:

Reigns comes face to face with Taker as the last two in the Rumble. Reigns takes a mic and says that he respects Taker and that he'll have another chance, but Taker wants it, he deserves it and he can have it. Taker gets the Rumble win and is going to face Brock. Reigns is a hero!!

At Mania, as per Bully, Taker and Brock go face to face, and follow ROH's Code of Honour. They beat on each other. Taker won't stay down. Brock is in disbelief and seems like he is going to show sympathy. Taker gets the flash win, and Brock rolls out. Taker does his Taker thing. This time, though, he not only takes of the gloves etc, he leaves his boots with the title in the ring. As we think that it's over, Brock gets back in the ring, and is going to take his title belt back. Roman's music hits and he runs to the ring to stop Brock from taking the belt. Roman lays the belt down right where Taker had it.

Fans will respect Roman and what he did for Taker and he'll finally be over as a face.

I listen to Bully on satellite radio, and I'll take his idea a little further and differently:

Reigns comes face to face with Taker as the last two in the Rumble. Reigns takes a mic and says that he respects Taker and that he'll have another chance, but Taker wants it, he deserves it and he can have it. Taker gets the Rumble win and is going to face Brock. Reigns is a hero!!

At Mania, as per Bully, Taker and Brock go face to face, and follow ROH's Code of Honour. They beat on each other. Taker won't stay down. Brock is in disbelief and seems like he is going to show sympathy. Taker gets the flash win, and Brock rolls out. Taker does his Taker thing. This time, though, he not only takes of the gloves etc, he leaves his boots with the title in the ring. As we think that it's over, Brock gets back in the ring, and is going to take his title belt back. Roman's music hits and he runs to the ring to stop Brock from taking the belt. Roman lays the belt down right where Taker had it.

Fans will respect Roman and what he did for Taker and he'll finally be over as a face.
What's a flash win? I'm not familiar with the term and apparently, neither is Google... but to me it almost sounds like winning off a roll-up.

Regardless of what I personally think about the story, I just don't think it'd work. It's far too on the nose and the fans would see right through it.

If Nakamura is to ever succeed on the main roster, he needs to win the Rumble this year and challenge Styles. His time is running out to even make the slightest impact in the company.

I'm calling this right now.

Daniel Bryan wins the Royal Rumble

And that happens, I'll NEVER EVER post again on this site.

Then he'll fight Owens at Wrestlemania, where Owens will defeat him, while we we also get Nakamura vs Styles, Reigns vs Lesnar and Cena vs Undertaker.

I'm calling this right now.

Daniel Bryan wins the Royal Rumble

And that happens, I'll NEVER EVER post again on this site.

Then he'll fight Owens at Wrestlemania, where Owens will defeat him, while we we also get Nakamura vs Styles, Reigns vs Lesnar and Cena vs Undertaker.

Backed in from 50/1 to 2/1. This has legs....

One of the greatest swerves in Wrestling history if he does.

I don't think Roman Regins will win the Rumble. Hopefully WWE Learns from that mistake, especially since they're back in Philly. You're going to have a bunch of angry fans, I'm sure. There's still a RAW PPV before Mania, and I think Roman will win EC. That's how he'll go on to face Brock. It would be the wise choice.

I think it'll be a SD star. I kinda hope Shinsuke wins as I would love to see styles vs nakamura at Mania. That would be the only match so far that would interest me as I've read the rumored card and it doesn't really excite me, but I do have a feeling a surprise entrant will win, and that entrant would be Dolph Ziggler. As his time at WWE would seemingly be coming to a close in the near future they might give him one final hurrah of a push should he leave later on this year.

It's a bit sad but I could certainly see Roman winning his second Royal Rumble in overcoming fashion — perhaps by eliminating a crowd favorite like Shinsuke Nakamura or Braun Strowman. We all know Reigns is going to Wrestlemania but with the last few Rumble wins being tremendous let downs, he shouldn't win this year. I like what they did in 2017 and have him come close to winning it. Have The crowd boo the hell out if him until the winner finally throws him out culminating in a huge pop for the victor.

Another name that's come around lately is Daniel Bryan. In fact, there was a report a few days ago that suggested they were looking into ways to have him win without taking a bump. I love this idea. Bryan is certainly deserved a proper send off and finally giving the fans a Daniel Bryan win will definitely draw interest going into Wrestlemania.

From The Forum Files, i predicted a Nakamura win and I'm sticking to that. At Money in The Bank 2017, Nakamura and Styles had a fairly quick face off and the crowd reacted with great positivity. It was one of the few highlights of the show and it's one of the very few interactions they've had with one another since being in the WWE which seems odd given how thin the Smackdown roster seems to be at times. They're building to something. They're building to something big between these two.

Nakamura's star has cooled a bit since his debut. He needs something big to remain credible and a Rumble win is perfect for him. He has clean victories over John Cena and Randy Orton so someone in the back obviously sees something in him. While we're stuck with the dreaded Reigns v. Lesnar match on the RAW side, Smackdown Live can steal a bit of the spotlight by having more of a technical masterpiece on their biggest stage. With so much negative reaction to the last five or so Royal Rumble matches, Nakamura is a satisfying choice for hardcore and casual fans alike. Have Nakamura come in at #1 and have a pretty strong showing. He wins by tossing Roman Reigns out giving him a concussion in the process.

Hamler's Prediction: Shinsuke Nakamura will win the 2018 Royal Rumble.

The fantasy booker in me would love to see a Balor/Nakamura/Ziggler/Rusev final four, with Nakamura winning. If we have to have Reigns/Lesnar, it would be nice to get Nakamaura/Styles for about 30 minutes. Would be cool if the Club came out and beat down Cena, allowing for an easy elimination for Balor/anyone, setting up Balor/Cena at Wrestlemania. And I'm hoping/assuming Ziggler and Rusev are in line for pushes on Smackdown.

However, I'm sure we'll see either Cena or Reigns definitely in the final four, possibly both. Odds are WWE will want 2 Raw and 2 Smackdown in the final four. The most likely final four is something like Reigns, Nakamura, Orton, and Strowman (surprise entrant).

Final 4- Reigns, Nakamura, Wyatt and Orton.

Final 2- Nakamura and Reigns. Tease the crowd that Reigns might win so when Nakamura wins the place can go absolutely bonkers!

It's been a while but I'm back! (Those who remember me, I'm A.D, used to create all the sigs here). I usually come back around this time to give my predictions on the Rumble. But anyways, I think Roman Reigns will have his way of challenging Brock Lesnar (hopefully Braun Strowman instead...but we all know who will reign supreme).
This years winner is actually unpredictable, but I think it will be between Orton and Shinsuke Nakamura (this can be a tease for a back to back victory for Orton).

Final 4- Reigns, Nakamura, Wyatt and Orton.

Final 2- Nakamura and Reigns. Tease the crowd that Reigns might win so when Nakamura wins the place can go absolutely bonkers!

You successfully predicted the finale of the Rumble.

That is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back