WWE Royal Rumble - Women's Royal Rumble Match

The first ever Woman's Royal Rumble Match I can honestly say that as far as this match goes I am more excited about this match than the traditional 30 man Royal Rumble Match and why? This is history in the making but also because of the unpredictability factor when it comes to this match. This match is not as predictable as the men's match and not to mention you have so many favorites in this match that realistically any diva on RAW or Smackdown Live could win it all and get a title match at WrestleMania

As far as who wins it? I will go out on a limb and say Asuka wins the 1st ever Royal Rumble Match for the women

Since it has been confirmed that we get a first time ever Women's Royal Rumble Match, I wonder how many women we will have in the match? Will it be 20 divas? Will it be 30 divas?

I mean with the men the first ever was in 1988 and it had 20 men in it. Then the next year from 1989 onwards it became a tradition with it having 30 men. Fast forward 29 years later 2018 of course it will be 30 men. However, for the women we still do not know how much women we will get in this and our guesses are as good as anyone's.

However, for the women's match if we do get 20 women in I wouldn't have a problem with that and we all have to start somewhere. Furthermore, I mean are there even enough women to have a 30-woman Royal Rumble Match? Unless they can wrangle up divas from the first ever Mae Young classic and sign them all to contracts but I doubt that that even happens. However, if they could wrangle up divas from the past and have them return either full time or for one night only then I wouldn't have a problem with that either.

Obviously if this match ends up being as entertaining as the men's match then I think we are in for a real treat and you wanna know why? The unpredictability of the first ever women's Royal Rumble Match because on both brands any diva currently on the roster who isn't champion could realistically walk out the winner and face the champion of her choice at WrestleMania.

However, there are the champions of both brands the RAW Women's Champion Alexa Bliss and the Smackdown Women's Champion The Queen Charlotte Flair to consider here. Then there also is another wild card Ms. Money in the Bank Carmella because she has a guaranteed contract at the Smackdown Women's Champion and imagine if she were to win the first ever Rumble Match for the women on top of being Ms Money in the Bank?

According to tonight's Raw, aside from a few more women announcing their participation in the match, we've learned a few basic details that we've been wondering about. For one thing, as with the men, elimination occurs only when a participant is thrown over the top rope with both feet touching the floor and for another, the match will be comprised of 30 women.

As of right now, there are only about 20 or so women on the main roster who're active, so you have to think that a few women will be brought up from NXT and that WWE will reach out to some former stars. For instance, don't be at all surprised to see one or both of the Bella Twins pop up for this match. I can also see Trish Stratus filling in a spot and possibly Lita as well. From NXT, I think Ember Moon, Nikki Cross, Peyton Royce & Billie Kay and Kairi Sane, maybe Shayna Baszler as well, are possibilities.

As for the winner, given that Corey Graves has already declared Asuka his favorite, I don't see her winning. It almost goes without saying that whenever a commentator announces his favorite, said favorite doesn't win. Unless Ronda Rousey makes a surprise appearance, then it's potentially anyone's match.

I don't think that we're going to see nxt call up unless they can't find enough surprise from the past to fill out the remaining spot. Either way, I fill that unless you get this big surprise entrant in the match and you get a big surprising ending, this will be forgotten be the end of the match.

On paper, it's a forgettable match especially with the current roster. Let's hope that this first doesn't go the same way the Women's MITB match went and that It become just another forgettable match because it doesn't help anybody in that case.

This is historic, but unless they really dig in creatively, it's just another women's match that results in a #1 contender. Personally, I have never cared about a #1 contender's match. It seems like every Raw, with guys or gals, 4 people claim they should get a title shot. Then, the GM--who hasn't been relevant in ages, what a waste of Kurt--comes out and announces a lazy 4-way match. ...and it ends with a winner. ...setting up a match later. If the championship match isn't interesting on its own, I couldn't care less about how the contender gets there. The Rumble itself needs to be entertaining--not an end to a mean. Once all of the entrants have joined the Rumble, most years, I lose interest. It simply becomes another 4-way match. Granted, I am not like the majority of fans. I just want to be surprised and/or entertained. I don't care about the Road to Wrestlemania because I don't watch it. I still think fans deserve creativity.

Let's say Sasha. Let's say she is chosen as the Mania contender. (Admittedly, I am not interested in the women's matches) But say I was. If Sasha was simply named the contender, I would think "ok". So, why would watching her win a Rumble make me care more? The Rumble needs to entertain me. Obviously it needs to have a winner. But the winner is rarely a big deal or surprise at all. The match itself is where I want creativity.

I'll watch the women's Rumble because I hope they do something with it. But I am not one of these people who will be "surprised" when Trish comes out. "Oh look! A very predictable throwback with no shot of winning...great!" How can ANY fan hear her music and be surprised at any level? Same with Lita. This will be another match with Cole running through their resume and telling us why they contributed to the women's revolution as they jog to the ring.

Cole is the worst part of the recent Rumbles. He shits on the "contenders" before they get to the ring. 3....2....1...horn. "It's Rhyno! Only Hacksaw Jim Duggan has won from this position." Ok, so much for Rhyno! He is such a non-factor, he isn't even "talked up" upon entry--dopey Cole goes into an immediate history lesson.

Got off track there, sorry. When I think of the Rumble, I realize how awful it has become. Good luck to the ladies...I hope they and the men shock me and try something new this year. My guess is it's just another check on Steph's list of "women did this".

Rumor is they are trying to get the belt on asuka before the Rumble.

Which all but makes clear what is to happen here.

Even though I know its coming, I'm still going to shit bricks, being there live.

Rousey

I feel like everybody is thinking that Ronda rousey will make a surprise appearance in the rumble match and actually winning it. While it would be a big surprise and we all know that this match really need something big to make fans remember it in the end, i fell it would be a waste of a appearance for Rousey to show up for this match and it would hurt both division as a whole if she actually win it.

Nothing against her because she a big attraction, but i feel they should be in a match that you could do a lot of promotion around her to maximize to number of peoples that you would attract with her first match. Plus having a non wrestler winning the first ever women's rumble feel like a cop out and make everybody else look like idiots that they couldn't eliminate a non wrestler.

As for Asuka winning the title before the rumble, Why not. They have a huge Raw coming up in 3 weeks, why not do the title switch on that show, i know it's the go home show before the rumble but it's also the 25th anniversary show and they will need a lot of big things to happen on that show so having Asuka win the title their make sense plus that way you can take her out of the rumble and have alexa bliss take her place.

Asuka vs Rousey is the best option for Wrestlemania. Two tough submission fighters.

But you know if Rousey wins, people will complain. Only thing that would make fans rage more is if Santina Marella comes back and wins the Women's Rumble. Actually now that I mentioned it, I hope that does happen.

Okay so we know about 14 or so female wrestlers that are in the women's rumble. They've stated it will be 30 women which they don't have on main roster. So what are some other names you guys think might be added? Surprise contestants?

I'm gonna say definitely Nia Jax and Mickey James will most likely be added along with maybe Dana Brooke (ugh). After that, I think some in NXT might be surprise contestants: Peyton Royce, Billie Kay, Nikki Cross, Kairi Sane, Shayna Bayzler, etc. I think they may also get some for nostalgia like possibly Lita, Trish (fingers crossed), Michelle McCool, Gail Kim, etc.

What do you guys think?

Sometimes when I hope for a surprise entrant, just for fun I'll hope for someone who is a one in a million shot of showing up.

Kia Stevens has been slimming down, and I'm wondering if it's possible that she'll show up to clear the ring and destroy the show with her awesomeness.

If they truly want to make the Royal Rumble Match for the women entertaining or at the very least special then they shouldn't rush it and why I say that? If they rush the entrances and the whole entire finish on it people will be calling for its demise straight away. Furthermore, if they truly want to make this a match that people can go and say that this match can be just as good as the Men's Royal Rumble Match then the women need to have the same amount of time on their match too. I mean a full hour or more for 30 women to fight it out just as the men do.

Imagine if an entrant from the #1 position in the 30-Women Royal Rumble Match were to outlast 29 other divas doing what Michaels and Benoit did? Or doing what Mysterio or Flair did winning it from the #2 or #3 position lasting that long?

However, what I will give to WWE is that with the women's match anyone can realistically win it and that is what makes it so unpredictable in its nature in its entirety.

30 women...1 winner and the winner she gets a title match in the main event of WrestleMania

But what WWE needs to do for the winner is that whoever wins it she should tease both the RAW Women's Champion and the Smackdown Women's Champion depending on which diva from what brand wins it. Like for example a RAW diva winning it and she shows up on both shows meaning she can tease her brand's champion but then show up on Smackdown the next night and tease the WWE Smackdown Women's Champion basically telling her that I can challenge you too if I so choose. Or vice versa if a Smackdown diva wins it she could tease her brand's champion but then jump over to RAW and surprise the RAW Women's Champion basically telling her that I can challenge you too at Mania since I earned the right last night by throwing 29 other women over that top rope.

I might be the only one, but I'll mark out like I did during AJ's Royal Rumble debut if Kris Wolf is a surprise entrant. I see her as the female Daniel Bryan, or the second coming of Harley Saito. To help anyone else's familiarity and level of excitement if she does debut; here's a fun vid of her:

[YOUTUBE]ayXV5JcJ_KQ[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT: She also had an epic encounter with the WWE's latest superstar, Kairi Sane:

[YOUTUBE]7FziZV_AB1U[/YOUTUBE]

This will be the last time I gush over Kris Wolf's awesomeness, I swear.

Kris Wolf was recently (December 30th, 2017) featured on CBS News, and I hope to God that HHH was watching:

[YOUTUBE]PfyzfC1DyAE[/YOUTUBE]

Rousey would be nice debut but winning would kinda be overkill. Though I can definitely see Vince wanting to make mainstream points by her either winning Rumble or even winning title upon her debut.

More interested with what happens with titles before or after. I can see Asuka overthrowing Alexa and even Carmella cashing MiTB so Alexa and Charlotte would be in the Rumble match.

Cant see it going for too long. They would get nice time but not as mens Rumble match.

I would mark out if Lita, Trish and even Beth Phoenix are all surprise entrants cause they were so awesome and I think it would be a massive mistake to have Ronda Rousey win this thing cause it would be a slap in the face to both Women's Divisions to have a new comer just come in and win.

I also believe Asuka MUST win the Women's title from Alexa on RAW 25 and be taken out of the Rumble, cause I can't see her being eliminated thus ending her streak...but I guess we'll see what happens!

If Asuka competes in the Rumble she wins - Simple as that. Period!

I'd be very surprised if the following aren't seen -

Trish
Lita
Michelle McCool (Not sure if Layla as well but i'm confident Michelle is entering)
Nikki Bella (I mean she is still on the SD Live roster but has been inactive for some time)
Kelly Kelly (I think a rumoured WWE return has been on for quite a while - A lot of people thought she might of made the cut in the 2k18 game)
Beth Phoenix (WWE HOF, WWE 2k18 - Looks amazing still) I think the Iconic legends pack of whatever it's called will be released in sync with Beth's Royal Rumble apperance.
Kairi Sane
Nikki Cross

Possibles:

AJ Lee
Eve Torres
Victoria (Still wrestles independently and looks great for a 46 year old - She currently uses her 2002-2003 psycho gimmick with her "All the things she said" entrance) Would be awesome if she entered with that.
Ronda Rousey (I don't have any inside knowledge on this but heaps of people think she will probably be in - My probables are people who are alumni wwe wrestlers)

Might be way off but that's just my feeling and predictions.

Send the women on last. Who's going to win the men's match? Nakamura! He's as cold as the whole of Smackdown's women's division. If Rousey does appear that instantly makes this a much bigger match.

After this week's Smackdown, i really not interested at this match at all. If they wanted to make fans lose interest in that match, they succeeded with those god awful cell phone promo's they did. None of the smackdown women's outside of Becky look like a superstar after those segment. In fact, the lack of hype on both shows about this makes me feel like it's becoming just a filler match on the card since nobody outside of Becky, asuka and Nia feel important in that match. In fact the only person that truly made me think that the match was such a big deal is the one person that won't be in the match and that's paige. She did more to hype the match on youtube then anybody did on both Raw and Smackdown.

I really hope that they got something special plan to promote this match on monday because right now, it just feel like another match instead of this huge historic moment.

After this week's Smackdown, i really not interested at this match at all. If they wanted to make fans lose interest in that match, they succeeded with those god awful cell phone promo's they did. None of the smackdown women's outside of Becky look like a superstar after those segment. In fact, the lack of hype on both shows about this makes me feel like it's becoming just a filler match on the card since nobody outside of Becky, asuka and Nia feel important in that match. In fact the only person that truly made me think that the match was such a big deal is the one person that won't be in the match and that's paige. She did more to hype the match on youtube then anybody did on both Raw and Smackdown.

I really hope that they got something special plan to promote this match on monday because right now, it just feel like another match instead of this huge historic moment.

It's not a huge historic moment. It's another item on Stephanie's women-empowered checklist. Most likely women will headline Mania in the future and unless the creative team ups their game, it will simply be to check that off the list as well...not due to merit. The women have the ability to be entertaining, the problem is creative is doing nothing to help them. It'll be "historic" by definition only, not because of impact or entertainment value.

The other thing working against it is that the men's Royal Rumble is less exciting than ever lately. This Mania championship opportunity stipulation has run its course. Aside from surprise entrants, it's a glorified #1 contender's match. They need to give the whole Rumble idea a good scrubbing. 30 men enter, 4 might win, 1 will. Blah blah blah. Make it a match where the winner could be anyone.

And, off point, but on topic...do these guys really need to point to the WrestleMania sign after they win? We get it, you're going to WrestleMania. If you're one of the handful of people who could've won the Rumble, NO ONE is surprised you're going to WrestleMania. You even knew you were going if you lost. Haha...such a cliché lame tradition.

Anyway, Rumble is the only non-Mania PPV I look forward to, or at least used to, so I do hope it comes back to its former greatness. It just seems that the creative team has gotten lazy and is mailing it in. I would take Vince Russo and his great/awful ideas over this throw 4 or 5 or more people in a ring and the winner is #1 contender...so damn lazy.

The whole Rousey thing just has so MANY problems!

So, she's going to win her debut match and that match will be the Royal Rumble? Lol, talk about burying an entire roster of women. And then, she'll go into Wrestlemania, superhot, and she will HAVE TO become a champion right? Otherwise, what was the point? And she's gonna beat Charlotte/Asuka/Bliss for the title? Are you serious?

So they'll have someone, who has never wrestle before, come into WWE, completely anihillate everybody in her way and go on to a victory that must come, otherwise this was pointless.

If anything, this just serves as a huge UFC advertisement. Everything WWE has done that's UFC related (Brock Lesnar), does not help WWE. It promotes UFC. It actually says "Hey UFC guys are tougher than our guys".

I'm not against a Rousey debut, but unless they have a big turn in store, where so comes in with a stable and wins the whole thing as a heel, then she shouldn't win. It's way too much.
Imagine UFC putting CM Punk in a title match in his debut just because he was CM Punk. That's what this feels like.

Rousey comes in and gets the Kurt Angle treatment, because she really feels the same way Angle felt back in 1999.

If you want Rousey THAT BAD and also a WOMEN's REVOLUTION, then instead of booking one women's match and one women's bathroom break for Wrestlemania, why don't you book 3 matches that matter?
- Asuka vs Bliss for the RAW title
- Sasha vs Bayley in a Grudge match
- Becky vs Charlotte for the SD title
Have Rousey be involved in one of those in some way. Any way, except her having to become a champion. For example: Asuka/Rousey vs Bliss/Jax.

As for the match, I'd like to see Becky win. She is actually the most interesting of the 4 Horsewomen and deserves to be part of something big, just as the other 3.

The whole Rousey thing just has so MANY problems!

So, she's going to win her debut match and that match will be the Royal Rumble? Lol, talk about burying an entire roster of women. And then, she'll go into Wrestlemania, superhot, and she will HAVE TO become a champion right? Otherwise, what was the point? And she's gonna beat Charlotte/Asuka/Bliss for the title? Are you serious?

Only one of the biggest(maybe even biggest of all time) and most recognizable names in history of women fighting. No big deal.

I mean, I understand your frustration from booking point, but from business point it has no merit at all. Having Rousey there is huge for business. And WWE knows that.

Dunno if she would win though. But if rumors are true and she is there to stay cant see reason why not.

I'll admit that the possibilities and potential surprises make this match far more intriguing than the men's.

Honestly though, I would not put Rousey in the Rumble, not while Asuka is in it. Asuka's already said that she's counting this Rumble against her streak. Of course they could retcon that but a loss in the Rumble, even if not "officially" recognized would still be a blemish to her perfect résumé.

And Rousey not winning would just feel... weird. Maybe you can have a combination of Sasha/Becky/Bayley eliminate her and that would be the start of the horsewomen program but that dynamic would be kind of strange. I guess we can't tell yet but I'd assume that Rousey is gonna be extremely over as a face with the crowd and for her to be ganged up on and eliminated by 3 of WWE's top female faces would just feel off. And her being eliminated any other way wouldn't make much sense.

Who knows, maybe all of this is gonna be non-issue because Rousey won't even be at the Rumble. But it seems like it's a foregone conclusion at this point and there's no other women's match on the card for her to get involved in, if she's gonna make an impact it's gonna be in the Rumble match.

Only one of the biggest(maybe even biggest of all time) and most recognizable names in history of women fighting. No big deal.

I mean, I understand your frustration from booking point, but from business point it has no merit at all. Having Rousey there is huge for business. And WWE knows that.

Dunno if she would win though. But if rumors are true and she is there to stay cant see reason why not.

Just one quick question. Not just you, but generally.

Would a Connor McGregor victory of the Men's Royal Rumble be accepted?

If yes, I submit, if no, why would Ronda's be then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back