• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Royal Rumble 2011 - WWE Divas Championship - Natalya (c) vs. Lay-Cool (Handicap)

RKOx7

Vipère Mortelle
WWE Divas Championship - Natalya [c] vs Lay-Cool [Michelle McCool & Layla] (2 on 1 Handicap Championship Match)

They’re no longer the self-professed “Co-Divas Champions,” but Layla & Michelle McCool haven’t lost their luster – at least in their own eyes. And this Sunday at the Royal Rumble, WWE’s Mean Girls will be double trouble for reigning Divas Champion Natalya when they challenge the sexy, smart and powerful Hart Dungeon graduate for the coveted butterfly-emblazoned title.

For the past several months, Lay-Cool has been determined to cut down Natalya at every turn, but they seemed to intensify their torment following the 23rd annual Survivor Series, where the pink-and-black clad Diva silenced the boisterous BFFs in a hard-fought 2-on-1 Handicap Match to attain the Divas Championship – her first title in WWE. Supported by a returning Beth Phoenix, Natalya made Lay-Cool feel less than “flawless” just weeks later at WWE TLC, where she made both Layla & Michelle taste timber in the first-ever Divas Tag Team Tables Match.

While the Hart descendent more recently turned her attention to new No. 1 contender Melina, Lay-Cool has been determined to become WWE’s top Divas once again. After Natalya turned back the Latina lovely with the legendary Sharpshooter on Raw, just six days before the Royal Rumble, SmackDown’s torturous tandem stormed onto Monday night’s hottest show to remind the Divas Champion that Lay-Cool had yet to invoke their rematch clause, and would challenge Natalya in a 2-on-1 Handicap rematch for the title at the Royal Rumble.

Will Lay-Cool initiate another “flawless” title reign? Or will Natalya once again defy the 2-on-1 odds and continue her dominance of the Divas division? To find out, tune in to the Royal Rumble, this Sunday, live on pay-per-view.

After a very weak attempt at a heel build and unsuccessful opportunity at a title shot, Melina was turned down by Natalya. Lay-Cool came out to invoke their rematch clause thus reigniting the long lasting feud that began last fall just prior to Hell in a Cell 2010. This match will be, according to WWE.com, another handicap match just like the Survivor Series 2010 match between theres 3 Divas, where Natalya finally succeeded in winning her Divas title.

To be honest I was really hoping for Melina to have enough screen time to really explode on the scene and make the Divas division more entertaining but I figured that Lay-Cool couldn't be held down for long. I don't think Lay-Cool will succeed in defeating Natalya out of nowhere, especially with Beth Phoenix possibly being in Natalya's corner.

I also think after turning down Lay-Cool... we can have the debut of Awesome Kong (under some sort of new name) in the WWE.

I think Natalya will succeed and I'm calling the debut of Awesome Kong at the Diva's Champions expense... or maybe Lay-Cool will succeed and then Awesome Kong will come out... I really don't care as long as hopefully Awesome Kong descends upon them and throws around some implant busters.

Your thoughts and predictions?

my hope is that Natalya wins. i just cant stand LayCool. McCool by herself is good, but together i cant stand listening to them talk, they are annoying in a hit the mute button type of way, CM Punk as a heel is gold, Miz as a heel is gold, but there are some that you just dont like as heels and LayCool is annoying, Michelle McCool by herself though wouldnt annoy me. My hope though is that Natayla wins, then gets destroyed by a HEEL Awesome Kong.

After a very weak attempt at a heel build and unsuccessful opportunity at a title shot, Melina was turned down by Natalya. Lay-Cool came out to invoke their rematch clause thus reigniting the long lasting feud that began last fall just prior to Hell in a Cell 2010. This match will be, according to WWE.com, another handicap match just like the Survivor Series 2010 match between theres 3 Divas, where Natalya finally succeeded in winning her Divas title.

To be honest I was really hoping for Melina to have enough screen time to really explode on the scene and make the Divas division more entertaining but I figured that Lay-Cool couldn't be held down for long. I don't think Lay-Cool will succeed in defeating Natalya out of nowhere, especially with Beth Phoenix possibly being in Natalya's corner.

I also think after turning down Lay-Cool... we can have the debut of Awesome Kong (under some sort of new name) in the WWE.

I think Natalya will succeed and I'm calling the debut of Awesome Kong at the Diva's Champions expense... or maybe Lay-Cool will succeed and then Awesome Kong will come out... I really don't care as long as hopefully Awesome Kong descends upon them and throws around some implant busters.

Your thoughts and predictions?

Haha that would be great. A heel Kong would actually make me care about Diva matches. I agree that the target should be the face champion Natalya, and Kong should just completely dominate her.

Honestly, I really couldnt care less what happens, as long as Natalya ends up still being the Diva champion.

Im so sick of Lay-Cool getting title shot after title shot after title shot after title shot, GETTING OLD.

In a perfect world, Natalya wins at the Rumble, then, right after the match, or maybe even the next night on Raw, the debuting, Kong comes out, and a new feud is started.

I hope to the Wrestling Gods (praise Frank Gotch!) that Laycool doesn't win AGAIN. This would be their like 4th reign or something with the Freebird Rule.

Maybe we'll get Kong in a match at Wrestlemania. But doesn't it sound weird saying "the divas champion....KONG!" (or whatever her name would be)?

Get Beth Phoenix involved too. That would be nice.

This is what should happen...

Lay-Cool defeats Nattie by using some sort of weapon and/or cheating. Then as they are celebrating, Awesome Kong comes out and helps Nattie destroy them. This could lead us to a Lay-Cool/Kong fued on Smackdown. Natalya could focus on fueding with Melina again on Raw.

Just imagine some of the comebacks Lay-Cool could use on Kong. They are basically complete oppostites. Lay-Cool would probably bring out the fat jokes as well as the ugly jokes.

Eventually Kong would turn heel but I see her debuting as a face.

This is what should happen...

Lay-Cool defeats Nattie by using some sort of weapon and/or cheating. Then as they are celebrating, Awesome Kong comes out and helps Nattie destroy them. This could lead us to a Lay-Cool/Kong fued on Smackdown. Natalya could focus on fueding with Melina again on Raw.

Just imagine some of the comebacks Lay-Cool could use on Kong. They are basically complete oppostites. Lay-Cool would probably bring out the fat jokes as well as the ugly jokes.

Eventually Kong would turn heel but I see her debuting as a face.

I love Lay-Cool and think they're the best thing to happen to the Women's Division since Mickie James and Beth Phoenix and I'd love to see them on TV every week, but in order to optimize the quality of the division heading into Wrestlemania and set up the best case scenario for a potentially effective match-up, I'd like to see a narrow victory of Natalya over Lay-Cool in whatever fashion. Natalya then should go into the next pay per view as champion among LayCool, Beth Pheonix, Melina and Gail Kim in an Elimination match and after a decent showing of a submissions and power moves have it come down to Beth and Natalya being face to face : Wrestlemania calibur STANDOFF: But then boom unfamiliar entrance music and lights... Awesome Kong comes storming down the ramp, lays out both Pheonix and Natalya, setting up a big Wrestlemania triple threat match for the Diva's Championship title.
Obviously she'll leave a trail of pretty little broken Diva bodies on the Road to Wrestlemania as Beth and Natalya's competitive rivalry intensifies while they attempt to best the undefeated Kong on the way to the grandest stage of them all. :p take that

I'm disappointed they didnt save Nattie/Melina for the PPV, based on the match they had Monday they could have definitely made it a great one. I feel like it was probably done as punishment for Melina being vocal about her unhappiness with the way she is being booked of late.

That being said, I see one of two things happening: either Nattie wins, only to get beat down post-match by a debuting Kong, or she loses due to Kong interfering on behalf of Laycool. Basically, Laycool know they cant beat Nattie or Beth in a fair fight, so they bring Kong in as an equalizer.

I’m thinking they skip sending Kong to FCW and debut her at the Rumble under a new name. She’s either going to come out and help Lay-Cool win or she’ll come out after Natalya wins and proceed to beat the pink out of her. I don’t want to see another Lay-Cool title run, I don’t mind them but I’d like the championship to go on to better things. After seeing Gail Kim back on TV making out with Bryan do you think she may be built up again to confront Kong? It’s not WWE to acknowledge a feud from a rival promotion but maybe they will here? I’m not sure.

I’m predicting Natalya to win though, I just don’t see Lay-Cool getting the title again.

I see LayCool retaining. My guess is Kong will debut and cost Natalya the match. It was reported that Kong might be taking on Beth Pheonix at Wrestlemania so I could see her debuting and helping LayCool win the divas title. I am actually pretty happy about this because I think LayCool will have chemistry with Kong if she teams with them. I also think her and Pheonix could have a really good diva's match at Wrestlemania. They haven't had a diva's match like that at Wrestlemania in quite sometime. LayCool is my favorite divas and I hope they win it back.

I believe that this match will end in a Double Disqualification. Awesome Kong will interrupt the match and decimate the three divas, or LayCool will win and Awesome Kong will debut right after their victory to destroy them. Either way, Awesome Kong will debut and slaughter the Diva's division before moving into the male division.

Sadly I think this is just gonna be for the sake of letting LayCool use their rematch clause, rather than it being anything that will mean a title change.

I haven't been very high on Natalya as champion, she doesn't really seem to bring anything of interest to the Divas division, rather than in-ring skills. However, in-ring ability isn't necessarily what the Divas division truly needs right now, compared to the interest in storylines. Storylines was something you got through LayCool, they brought life back to the division, at least to the point where it was sorta interesting again in terms of storyline purpose. Natalya can't brag about that.

This match isn't gonna be anything but a way of proving that Natalya is champion and better than LayCool. At least that's what it screams to become, and the match is gonna be boring like any other of their matches.

I wish LayCool would win, but they won't.

I feel as if Lay-Cool has nothing else to do but contend for the Diva's Championship. They really brought some prestige to the Divas Championship throughout their reign on top. I'm would love to see Lay-Cool somehow pull off a victory, but I just know they won't. Beth hasn't been doing shit lately, so maybe she'll be involved somehow. But for right now, I think it's best Natalya hangs on to the belt a little while longer.

I feel Lay-Cool, being heels, can do a lot more with the title than Natalya could ever do. Natalya isn't really doing anything with the title other than a very small feud with Malina that went no where. Layla and Michelle will put up a good fight, perhaps cheating their way throughout the match, but they won't win this one which sucks.

Natalya retaining would really help her as champion as we get closer to Mania. LayCool has been run into the ground and I just don't see them walking out of the Rumble as Champs. Hopefully Natalya wins and the rumors with Kong ends and she destroys Natalya after the match. It almost seems inevitable at this point but who knows. It would def add interest to a weak division.

The whole Divas division is shit right now. I think Malena screwed herself out of this spot by "Tweeting", that is why she had that blow off match on RAW. I am happy with what ever the outcome maybe, as long as I get to see Layla, I am good. Maybe this will be the night when Beth Phoenix turns on Natalya. That could let Kong enter as a face, with her sexy self. You know you want to cheer for her, and love her.

Ahaha. Eve.

Pretty smart of the WWE to let everything think it was coming and then severely disappoint everyone by throwing Eve in for seemingly no reason at all.

I don't think its smart, I think its starting to get annoying. Making your viewers unhappy isn't very smart. Nonetheless Congratulations to Eve Torres.

Eve won for 1 reason, and 1 reason only. To be fed to Awesome Kong. Kong will destroy her with ease. She will destroy ALL comers right up until Wrestlemania when step forward Beth Pheonix.

Nice move WWE (I mean that).

I was confused when Eve was the fourth participant in the match. It would have made more sense to for Melina to have been in the match instead of Eve who hadn't appeared on Raw or Smackdown recently. Melina has had a recent story with Natayla, so it would have fit well for her to be involved.

I was even more confused when Eve won the Diva's Championship.

The only reasoning I can think of as to why Eve won the Diva's belt, was to set up Awesome Kong arriving, distroying Eve to become the new champion. By having Kong beat Eve for the belt, it doesn't make Natayla look weak, and it could set up for a potential match between the two at WrestleMania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back