WWE Region, Dallas Subregion, Second Round: (8) Curt Hennig vs. (24) Big Daddy

Who Wins This Match?

• Curt Hennig

• Big Daddy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Again, from what very little I’ve seen of Big Daddy he does not look very impressive at all. It appears that he can get by doing pretty much nothing in the ring because of his popularity. The way he moves reminds me of Uncle Elmer. I’m sure Hennig would bump like crazy for Daddy to give the fans reason the cheer but in a tournament like this the better wrestler needs to advance. The novelty act ends here as the better wrestler moves on. It will probably be as a result of some kind of distraction, low blow, or feet on the ropes, but Mr. Perfect advances. No disrespect intended to those who say Daddy is a legend. Call it a cultural thing but I just don't see it.

I voted big Daddy on reputation much like I would vote Hogan over an actual wrestler on reputation. BUT I have seen a few Daddy matches and jesus christ he is horrible. A lazy, slobby worker, good for him making his name before your look and skill mattered but today, and compared to Hennig he really looks bad.

He looks bad because he was bad. Just a big charismatic guy with close to zero technical talent and a very limited moveset. I totally get why he was popular back in the day, but he doesnt stand the test of time like others from the old school. Thesz, Inoki, Sammartino, etc; all had alot more going for them in my eyes than Big Daddy. If Perfect drew one of them it would be the end of the line for Hennig. This Crabtree barely squeaked by Styles in a tie. I honestly had to do homework bc I never heard of him. I have followed wrestling for 22 of my 30 years on this planet and have learned alot, but Big Daddy never became a topic until this year. Once I did research him, I realized why that was. He was terrible.

Big Daddy may be as popular\respected in Europe as Thesz or Sammartino are in the US, but in my eyes they had alot more talent than Crabtree. He was popular for squashing little guys (for the most part) and benefited from TV exposure(not many options back then in the UK), but all in all- he was crap.

Perfect may have lost to some of the bigger names in his day, but he was a solid guy in his division. The IC title was a big thing back then and his matches were great. He had the heel gimmick down, great manager (heenan) and ability in ring to back it up.

Hennig could outlast him in this. Stamina would play a huge part as Big Daddy would get tired chasing Perfect around. I dont see Big Daddy putting Hennig down with a few belly bumps and a splash. Heenan on the outside would cause a distraction and Perfect would capitalize. Take his legs out, wear him down and Perfect wins this by being smart.

Dont vote on blind reputation as others have. Vote on ability to win. Perfect has the ability to win this, Big Daddy does not.

Lol no one was trolling. Coco even said he was voting for Big Daddy. I was merely pointing out your enormous error with the statement you made. You made a ridiculously uninformed statement and were corrected. That's it.

Jeez, how difficult is it to get this point across. And how stupid do you sound by exaggerating this shit so badly.

Perfect may well be able to lift BD but that is all well and good and the only evidence that you have put forth is an example where the opponent kicked out at 1. You made just as big an error by supplying such a ridiculous example.

I still don't see how Perfect would win here.

My family used to love wrestling, back in the seventies it used to be on locally very often and all the men in my family (save me since I was not yet born) would go watch it. Every now and then my Uncle will pop round whilst I'm catching up on Raw and he'll say "Nothing's changed, same stuff as when I was younger, none of them are a patch in Big Daddy though"

Mr Perfect was fine, Big Daddy was britains Hogan ten years before hulkamania. For me this is a no-brainer. Big Daddy FTW.

Who did Big Daddy beat? Loch Ness, cool, somebody else? He has a decisive losing record against guys like Mike Marino (210 pounds), Kendo Nagasaki (200 pounds) and Count Bartelli (I'd give a weight, but he was so unimportant nobody bothered to record it). Why should Perfect, in an American town, be unable to do what they did?

A third minute cross body put Daddy down for the three count, why shouldn't Perfect be able do the same or withstand more than five minutes to have a burnt out, entirely exhausted opponent? He doesn't need the Perfect Plex, even though he would be able to hit it. If Jamaica Kid can beat BD, Perfect will too.

Hennig was not a lightheavyweight. He was 260 pounds and he was a technical wrestler above all. In fact very similar in size and style to a guy Big Daddy beat almost every single time.

fit-finlay.jpg

That is not me saying it. The link that you provided in the first page of this thread says it all.

http://www.britishwrestlingarchive.co.uk/BIG DADDY.htm

In over hundred matches with Finlay, Finlay was able to beat him only twice. The matches that you have talked about Big Daddy losing all happened before Crabtree hit his prime. In the late 70's and the 80's, Daddy was unstoppable, winning almost every single match especially against the likes of Finlay, who was very similar in style to Hennig.

Also like Tasty said, Hennig had a record of losing to anybody and everybody significant. Seriously, his biggest WWF victory except for his win against Flair, when Flair was just putting everybody over on his way out, was against Tito Santana.

Vote Big Daddy.

I’m sure Hennig would bump like crazy for Daddy to give the fans reason the cheer but in a tournament like this the better wrestler needs to advance.

You sound like the guy who would vote for Eddie Guerrero over Hulk Hogan, Brain.

Vote Big Daddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back