WWE Region, Chiyoda Subregion, First Round: (16) Scott Hall vs. (17) Scott Steiner

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Scott Hall

• Scott Steiner

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Chiyoda Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at Budokan Hall in Chiyoda, Japan.

budokan.jpg

Scotthall2010.jpg

#16. Scott Hall

Vs.

28.jpg

#17. Scott Steiner

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Scott Steiner won a few world titles but it was easily the most meaningless a World title that there has ever been. You take those away, he's a perennial tag team wrestler with a bunch of funny flubs.

Hall, while never really a huge main event star, was at least an upper mid carder for most of the 90s with a couple of forays into the main event when that actually meant something.

Vote Scott Hall.

Scott Hall was really really good. Well, Razor Ramon was. He took a character and played it well, and the real shame is that you'd never believe how entertaining his matches back in the day were of you'd only seen him recently. Steiner in the tag team was good people and entertaining. Big Poppa Pump is an abiding memory of watching Nitro on the channel that came on after Cartoon Network and showed old films. It's not a positive memory. If Hall wasn't a car crash outside of the ring he too would have won some titles in the WCW death throes. I just think on charisma and match quality it has to be Hall, chico.

Two of my personal favourites colliding!!

Both Hall and Steiner are highly decorated tag-team wrestlers (in The Outsiders and The Steiner Brothers), and if this was a tag-team competition I'd vote for Steiner every single time- he and Rick were a phenomenal team.

However, this is a singles tournament so "The Bad Guy" gets my vote in this match. Even though he never won a World Title, Hall's accomplishments in singles competition are more impressive than Steiners, even with a WCW World Championship on his resume.

Hall is a multi-time Intercontinental Champion, when the belt actually meant alot that's a bigger achievement than a WCW title reign in the dying days of the promotion. Both were nWo members, but Hall was the first "invader" to arrive in WCW, kickstarting arguably the best angle in wrestling history. Steiner did join the faction, but like his WCW title reign, it happened when alot fewer people cared and it wasn't that impressive.

Razor to go through here.

Yeah, so I voted Scott Steiner. On top of being one half of the greatest tag teams of all time, he was a main eventer and a top dog everywhere he went. He was WCW world champion, albeit came when the company was on a down slope. But despite that Scott Hall was never WCW world champion, even when the belt was being passed around like candy. You'd think such a wrestling luminary like Hall would have been champion at least once, even when non wrestlers like David Arquette and Vince Russo held the belt. But nope. And he was never champ in WWE either. At least Steiner was pushed in a craptastic feud with HHH over the damn thing.

If Kevin Nash is guilty of mooching success of more talented stars then Hall is probably even more guilty. Where would his career be without the NWO or the Kliq? Uh huh.

Scott Steiner FTW. No brainer here folks.

I dunno, this is again down to personal preference for me. Scotty was great and has had his share of success in the ring but Razor, Hall played a part in the greatest angle in pro wrestlin history; the Outsiders.

Strength of impact, The Bad Guy

I dunno, this is again down to personal preference for me. Scotty was great and has had his share of success in the ring but Razor, Hall played a part in the greatest angle in pro wrestlin history; the Outsiders.

Strength of impact, The Bad Guy

If it's personal preference then I vote Scott Hall. I've always thought Steiner was pretty terrible. However if I'm trying to be objective then I'll probably give the nod to Steiner. Ultimately Steiner gets the advantage in longevity, consistency, accolades, and overall legacy due to his phenomenal tag success. So for me personally I feel I must bury my bias and vote Steiner.

Go ahead, I'd give longevity and stay on top to Steiner. Hall didn't get a sniff of the title in both the WWE and WCW, which is kinda sad, coz he was good for fucks sake.

Besides some bias here, I rank Hall walking down the steps to that infamous WCW night bigger than any title Steiner held; overall changing of the landscape if you will. Steiner's run as WCW camp was ok, nothing special except that night when Sids leg broke. Also after that they turned THAT into a gimmick and now he was breaking peoples leg. Ugh.

This goes to Steiner on the basis of Steiner maths, He has a 2/3rds chance of winning whereas Hall only has a 50-50 chance of winning.

I reality I voted Steiner just on the basis that Big Poppa Pump was a Main Eventer in all of the promotions that he has been in since the fall of WCW. He won the WCW World Heavywight Title. I also think he is quite possibly legitimately not all there.

Scott Steiner would slaughter Scott Hall, let's be real.

Did any of you ever watch those Steiner Brothers vs. Outsides matches? Scott Steiner dominated Hall in all of those matches. And you could argue that's not even prime Scott Steiner there.

Steiner is the better athlete, stronger, faster, had more titles, better matches.... he beats Hall in literally everything, except maybe mic work. And even then, I bet Scott Steiner has more memorable promos than Hall.

Scott Steiner should take this without question.

Professional wrestling is fucking weird.

Someone as charismatic, athletic and downright talented as Scott Hall was never world champion. He was so good. He was crisp in the ring; he was crisp on the mike; he even had a good touch for a big man. Scott Hall is, for me, not even an all-rounder because that implies he wasn't excellent at every aspect of professional wrestling.

Scott Steiner, on the other hand, is a fucking meme. His ring style was "if I can get my arms around you, I'm throwing you somewhere." His promo style was "I've just had a stroke and I'm not very happy about it." His physique is that of a bodybuilder... made of Play-Doh. He's hilarious and entertaining - but not, one feels, as intended.

Steiner won world championships and would win this match but I'm not going to sit here and pretend he was better than Scott Hall.

Edit: I voted Hall so it wouldn't be a squash only to discover that he's now winning the poll with 66% of the vote. I'm fine with that.

While I understand the distain for Scott Steiner, it can't be ignored that the man won the WCW Championship a few times and had lengthy stint in the main event. Steiner even feuded with Triple H in the main event of Raw for a few months in 2003.

Scott Hall, while very good, never quite made it as a main event level performer. Sure he had his moments in the main event but they were all very brief. Don't get me wrong, I love Razor Ramon. Hell, I loved Scott Hall in WCW, but I just don't think that he'd win this match.

Vote Steiner.

In terms of the scale of what both men have achieved, they've very similar.

Yes, Steiner was a world's champion. Scott Hall was THE founding member of the NWO. Scott Steiner was a member of a great and successful tag team. So was Hall, and more still if you include his tag team with Curt Henning.

This is exactly why we have this tournament. On paper you could look at this match and say "well this guy was a world champion, he obviously wins". But we can look back on the state of wrestling, the state of the companies of the two men, the way things actually were as opposed to the way they probably ought to have been, and we can say that despite not having the accolades of Steiner, Scott Hall was at least on par with him in terms of ability and being over.

Scott Hall didn't achieve the level of individual greatness he ought to have done, and that's not entirely he fault. Steiner was rather lucky to be a guy just hanging around when they wanted to move the WCW title around like they were playing pass the parcel. Both men are accomplished and well known but I think most would say that Hall is/was the superior talent. And that's reflected in the voting.

Correct the mistakes of history, vote Hall.

While I understand the distain for Scott Steiner, it can't be ignored that the man won the WCW Championship a few times and had lengthy stint in the main event. Steiner even feuded with Triple H in the main event of Raw for a few months in 2003.

Scott Hall, while very good, never quite made it as a main event level performer. Sure he had his moments in the main event but they were all very brief. Don't get me wrong, I love Razor Ramon. Hell, I loved Scott Hall in WCW, but I just don't think that he'd win this match.

Vote Steiner.

Are you seriously using Steiner's feud with HHH as a reason to vote for him. Those matches were fucking diabolical. That's a reason NOT to vote for Big Poppa Pump, his WWE main event spell was awful.

I like both Scotts, but Hall's resume is better than Steiner's even with that WCW title reign. Steiner's hilarious, I love the guy and would vote for him against most other wrestlers in this tournament but Hall is the right pick here.

Vote Hall.

Are you seriously using Steiner's feud with HHH as a reason to vote for him. Those matches were fucking diabolical. That's a reason NOT to vote for Big Poppa Pump, his WWE main event spell was awful.

I like both Scotts, but Hall's resume is better than Steiner's even with that WCW title reign. Steiner's hilarious, I love the guy and would vote for him against most other wrestlers in this tournament but Hall is the right pick here.

Vote Hall.

I wasn't just talking about his feud with Trips. I was talking about his entire run in the main event scene. From WCW to WWE. Don't get me wrong, I love Scott Hall, however, he's a career upper mid card performer. Sure he had his moments in the main event, however, they were all few a far between and pretty unforgettable. You can't tell me that you don't remember Big Poppa Pump as the WCW Champion coming to the ring and saying; "Big Poppa Pump is your hook up, holler if you hear me!" Now when I think of Hall in the main event, the first thing that comes to mind is him with a cattle prod zapping Goldberg. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't have fond memories of Hall in the main event. Now he was wonderful in the mid card and as a tag team performer, however, so was Steiner. So because the both had similar careers as tag team and mid card performers, I have to consider Steiner's run at the top which is something that Hall never really had and because of that and the way I vote, I have to vote for Steiner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back