WWE Region, Chiyoda Subregion, First Round: (8) Mitsuharu Misawa vs. (25)Scott Norton

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Mitsuharu Misawa

• Scott Norton

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Chiyoda Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at Budokan Hall in Chiyoda, Japan.

budokan.jpg

04.jpg

#8. Mitsuharu Misawa

Vs.

l_0ea29a5e6ddcf9d2baca8dce3c5a6cba_400x400.jpg

#25. Scott Norton

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

If the continued baffling success of Vader has taught me anything about this tournament it's that the two primary requirements to be considered the greatest of all time are 1) to have been popular in Japan and 2) to have been in WCW when it was shit and nobody watched this. Both of these guys hit the first point and then some, so it all comes down to WCW. Norton was on the first episode of Nitro, filmed as people went about their shopping. Misawa was never on WCW when it was shit. Sayonara, Misawa.

This match is in American and Miwasa never worked the States so he autoloses. Wait, the match is in Japan? Seriously? Well hot damn. Kudos KB. Oh, but Norton was champ in Japan and he beat some top Japanese guy to do it so he'd still beat Misawa. Welp, that was fun. GG.

It doesn't matter if this match takes place in America, Japan, or on the damn moon, Misawa was better in every category that a pro wrestler could be measured. He enjoyed popularity on par with Austin and Rock in the States, and had longer longevity. His star power didn't burn out after 1 or 2 years of carrying his company. Following controversy he left All Japan and created his own promotion. Misawa proved to be so popular and respected that he took most of his former company's top talents with him, and took their time slot, driving All Japan into a financial hole that they still haven't been able to shake a decade later. And do I even have to mention his 5 star matches?

Misawa wins. Seriously. It's not close.

This match is in American and Miwasa never worked the States so he autoloses. Wait, the match is in Japan? Seriously? Well hot damn. Kudos KB. Oh, but Norton was champ in Japan and he beat some top Japanese guy to do it so he'd still beat Misawa. Welp, that was fun. GG.

It doesn't matter if this match takes place in America, Japan, or on the damn moon, Misawa was better in every category that a pro wrestler could be measured. He enjoyed popularity on par with Austin and Rock in the States, and had longer longevity. His star power didn't burn out after 1 or 2 years of carrying his company. Following controversy he left All Japan and created his own promotion. Misawa proved to be so popular and respected that he took most of his former company's top talents with him, and took their time slot, driving All Japan into a financial hole that they still haven't been able to shake a decade later. And do I even have to mention his 5 star matches?

Misawa wins. Seriously. It's not close.

Fuck you Ech, Norton wins because he once ate 298 pancakes in a single sitting.

[YOUTUBE]t1RaXAN00BI[/YOUTUBE]

How many pancakes could Misawa eat? Probably none because he died taking a suplex.

I'll take pancake eating prowess over dead guys any day of the week.

Misawa during the late 90s and early 2000s was easily the best wrestler on the planet. The dude was killing it in the ring, Even when injured and sick he went out and had amazing matches. He was better than Scott Norton ever was. Misawa was AJPW and the NOAH for so long, he was also Tiger Mask II that is just another thing that makes Misawa the better choice in this match

Fuck you Ech, Norton wins because he once ate 298 pancakes in a single sitting.

[YOUTUBE]t1RaXAN00BI[/YOUTUBE]

How many pancakes could Misawa eat? Probably none because he died taking a suplex.

I'll take pancake eating prowess over dead guys any day of the week.

I watched the video and this was the best comment...

Wow. do you realize that a bunch of bookers got together and asked themselves "how do we get scott norton over???" somehow flapjacks were the answer. Somebody was fucking high.

Misawa may have died taking a suplex, but he died taking a suplex while being the biggest wrestling star in Japan. Austin wished he could die that way, instead he broke his neck and was forced to take his ball and go home. So does Scott Norton. But he won't get to, because he's irrelevant.

Vote Misawa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back