WWE Region, Chiyoda Subregion, Second Round: (16) Scott Hall vs. (32) Yokozuna

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Scott Hall

• Yokozuna

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the WWE Region, Chiyoda Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at Budokan Hall in Chiyoda, Japan.

budokan.jpg

Scotthall2010.jpg

#16. Scott Hall

Vs.

01.jpg

#32. Yokozuna

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

These guys were both at their peak in the early 90s, and there's no doubting Yokozuna had the better career in terms of accolades. However, for me Hall stayed relevant so much longer and did so much more over time. People talk about Hall all the time - until the potential for the comedy Hogan elimination reared its head, nobody has given a shit about Yokozuna or discussed him for years. I don't think a vote for Yokozuna is a bad thing, and no doubt these guys wrestled and Razor Ramon lost at some point, but I just think in terms of legacy and the kinds of thing I care about, Hall was much better.

Even with NWO, and living through WCW when the belt was traded like white milk at an elementary school cafeteria, he STILL never won a world title.

Yoko beat Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan, Lex Luger (who was pushed hugely at the time). He's a two time WWF champion.

Scott Hall just doesn't have the same resume.

Scott Hall started an important thing (the NWO) but you could seriously argue he was the least important part of it as they moved forward.

I was not a fan of Hall moving on past Steiner, and I really just can't get behind him moving past Yoko here.

And so Yoko takes out Hogan for pretty much zero reason at all, as I highly doubt anyone here really cares all that much about kayfabe. But on the other hand it massively opens up the bracket. With that being said I've got to vote Yokozuna. I'm surprised Hall made it past Steiner, when he really shouldn't have.

To be honest Hall was a footnote in wrestling history. He doesn't deserve to have his own chapter. And while Yokozuna is probably a footnote too, at least he proved himself to be a blemish on the career of one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. Scott Hall was a Hogan lackey in comparison.

Vote Yoko.

In appreciation of the tournament, Yokozuna has just gone over Hulk Hogan. It makes it feel unfathomable that he could lose this one.

Yokozuna's career was greater quality as a whole but he wasn't up to much after he fell out of the world title scene. Still, both are top talents and have classic matches and wins to their name. Despite the way the voting went in the last round, I could easily vote for either guy without much issue.

I suppose I'll wait for someone to make the case one way or the other.

First of all, I can't believe that Yoko went over Hulk Hogan. Based on that alone, Yoko should win this match.

What's left to be said. Yoko was a great monster heel and he was also the WWF Champion for over 9 months. That's something that Hall can never say. Hell, Hall couldn't even win the WCW Championship. Even David Arquette did that.

Vote Yoko.

Hall is one of my favorite wrestlers & it is a shame for a good as he was, he never won the main belt in WWF or WCW. The guy had a good look, was gold on the mic & has one of the best punches in wrestling. Plus his finisher has always been top 5 in my book.

Problem here is that he cant talk his way out of this match nor get Yoko up for the Edge. Half his moveset is rendered useless & I just cant see him pulling off the win without serious help from Nash or Xpac. The only time I remember them fighting one on one it ended up being a count out if I recall. So if anyone bothers to look up the actual stats and history that would be cool. Till then, I have to say Yoko beats Hall easier than Hall could beat Yoko.

Yokozuna to round three.

Yoko went over hogan,this makes him strong. So to go out to someone who played second fiddle,or should I say third fiddle to hogan in the nwo I just can't see hall come through this one. Yokozuna was a great big man of the business and in his short few yrs was a bigger deal and better than hall.
Vote Yoko

Yoko got put over Hulk, good lord. Well I see him squashing the fuck out of Hall to be honest.

I see Hall is getting slapped around. He'll nonetheless get my vote because he's an absolutely quality wrestler who never really gets the recognition he deserves. Undoubtedly, if this were an actual match, Yoko Ono would win.

Scott Hall is one of "my guys", always has been. I think he's a great performer and I enjoy far more than Yokozuna. But, having already defeated Hulk Hogan in round 1, I can't see Yoko losing to one of Hogan's nWo cronies who was a supporting act to Hogan for the majority of their time as a group.

Plus, while Hall has one of the best finishing moves in wrestling in The Outsider's/Razor's Edge, he isn't going to be able to perform that move on the giant Yokozuna, just like he isn't going to be able to use his fallaway slam or chokeslam. Alot of his offense is useless in this match and I don't think he'll have enough to take out Yoko.

Yokozuna to advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back